Virgin Media

Jusoda Kid

Did anyone who was on Telewest get notified that they were being switched, I didn't. Anyway just rang them as I currently pay £85.50 a month for my phone, BB, Tv & additional boxes etc. Turns out for 50p less I can go to 10mb BB, Unlimited land line calls and I'll also get Sky sports and Movies and also the option of a sim to put in my existing phone for £10 a month for 300mins to any network & 300 txts.

Nice of them to let me know :naughty:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Toplass-101

Did anyone who was on Telewest get notified that they were being switched, I didn't. Anyway just rang them as I currently pay £85.50 a month for my phone, BB, Tv & additional boxes etc. Turns out for 50p less I can go to 10mb BB, Unlimited land line calls and I'll also get Sky sports and Movies and also the option of a sim to put in my existing phone for £10 a month for 300mins to any network & 300 txts.

Nice of them to let me know :naughty:

I got the stuff but didnt read it, ive no idea how much I pay, or how fast my BB is, or how many calls are free, or what tv package ive got, or who supplies my gas or electricity etc and the man from the water board rang yesterday to arrange a time to read the meter. Maybe I should look into these things and swap stuff etc, im probs paying more then I should for things.

Nice of them to let me know :lol:

I got the stuff but didnt read it, ive no idea how much I pay, or how fast my BB is, or how many calls are free, or what tv package ive got, or who supplies my gas or electricity etc and the man from the water board rang yesterday to arrange a time to read the meter. Maybe I should look into these things and swap stuff etc, im probs paying more then I should for things.

Quite the "Laissez-Faire" attitude you have. :naughty:

Guest Toplass-101

Nice of them to let me know ;)

I was stopped in town by someone selling electricity/Gas and they asked me who supplies mine, dont think they belived me when I said Id no idea, she said "oh dont you get involved in houshold bills?" she must have thought I was a kept woman :lol:

I've just changed my gas & electric supplier and my home & contents insurer.

Basically paying half what I paid previously and it was a piece of piss. You should try it.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities

Nice of them to let me know ;)

I was stopped in town by someone selling electricity/Gas and they asked me who supplies mine, dont think they belived me when I said Id no idea, she said "oh dont you get involved in houshold bills?" she must have thought I was a kept woman :lol:

He must have saw the 2 diamond rings. :razz:

Just tried to order two of the sim cards and their staff got my details wrong on two occassions, gonna have to ring back tomorrow.......Unfuckingbelievable

Telewest were always very good at the customer care. Hope this isn't the start of them turning to shit.

Did anyone who was on Telewest get notified that they were being switched,

We've got Broadband and Phone with them and we got a letter telling us and saying that our service won't be effected or changed etc. It's not really a switch or anything. Telewest and NTL merged a while back and Branson's bought them and done a name change to bring them under the Virgin name, that's all. We used to have Telewest cable (but switched to Sky about 5 years ago for better channels), and when we had it installed back in 1995 it was United Artists cable.

Mind, they told some pork pies. When they were installing cable in the area, they put loads of details through peoples' letter boxes including information about their special United Artists sports channel for the North East that they were going to launch, which was going to show coverage of every Newcastle away game.

When we rang up to find out about getting cable in, they sent one of their reps around to tell us about it, and I already whiffed bullshit about the NUFC thing, pointing out that Sky had exclusive rights to live matches, and BBC got highlights, and he went on about some nonesense about they'd done a deal with Sky.

It wasn't the clincher like, me and my brother had nagged at my Mam to get Sky in for the Football for a while, and she finally gave in.

So we waited for this channel when the season started, and not long after they sent out a letter saying that their channel had been bought by Live TV and so it wouldn't be showing NUFC away games.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

Just tried to order two of the sim cards and their staff got my details wrong on two occassions, gonna have to ring back tomorrow.......Unfuckingbelievable

Telewest were always very good at the customer care. Hope this isn't the start of them turning to shit.

I gave them all the details today (three attempts) and told them to ring back tonight as wor lass was the leading name on the the TV/BB etc account. They did, she ordered the sim cards we got an e-mail saying there was a problem then a one a couple of minutes later confirning the order.

So to clarify things she rang up just to confirm it was all going through, she was then told the order had been cancelled due to her being refused credit, which is bullshit as her credit rating is spot on and she's never been knocked back for anything before (the sims aren't on contract anyway), so she asked them to check her details. When they checked they'd spelt her name wrong (two attempts) but she was still refused, baffled she put the phone down.

I then logged on to her account with Virgin Mobile and law & behold they've spelt her name wrong and got the wrong door number but it was still going to let us sign up for a monthly contract....weird.

She's ringing back tomorrow to get it sorted but tbh I smell a rabbit off, this sim offer is to good to be true, £10 per month for 300min anytime and 300 texts with no minimum contract.

:naughty:

Edited by Wacky Jnr

I just switched to them today, was really impressed with them so far. Cheap service, good customer care (for new accounts at least) and i'm getting connected in under a week. took over a month for plusnet to connect me.

I am with Virgin Media (formerly telewest) and apparently we are losing Sky Sports One, Sky Sports News and Sky News. I have been watching Dream Team for years and am now going to miss the end of the last season which is really annoying. I also watch Sky Sports News a fair bit, especially over the Summer (although I watched it more when we actually did some decent transfer activity).

Edited by Super7

we are losing...Sky Sports News

Might be time for skyplus/HD.

Or just buy one of them freeview thingys. The only channel I watched when I had Sky was Sky Sports News, then went to Currys and paid £25 and I'm sorted. It's the only channel I ever watch as TV in the country is so awful.

we are losing...Sky Sports News

Might be time for skyplus/HD.

Or just buy one of them freeview thingys. The only channel I watched when I had Sky was Sky Sports News, then went to Currys and paid £25 and I'm sorted. It's the only channel I ever watch as TV in the country is so awful.

How's tv different between the country and the city.

I work for what is now Virgin media and theres supposed to be loads of good stuff on the horizon but in any large company there will always be some bad stuff aswell.

Its right that its just a lot of merged companies under the one name, Sky threatened to withdraw its channels from Virgin media but have a contract with them so cant do it straight away.

there are loads of talks going on and ofcom etc are involved but Sky are making a huge decision to try and withdraw some of their channels from all the freeview packages around aswell and want to sell them on a sky bonus scheme or a sky collection and abviously keep them with their own services but its all still up in the air. :lol:

If you ring up any of the virgin centres and get crappy service then make sure you tell them, its only the tv section and BB that are new to the virgin name the mobile section has been virgin for a few years now...

I worked for NTL and now Virgin media, im sure it will all change , the only thing I have to show for it at the moment though is a red works secuirty pass?!?!? :naughty: