Virgin Media

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work for what is now Virgin media and theres supposed to be loads of good stuff on the horizon but in any large company there will always be some bad stuff aswell.

Its right that its just a lot of merged companies under the one name, Sky threatened to withdraw its channels from Virgin media but have a contract with them so cant do it straight away.

there are loads of talks going on and ofcom etc are involved but Sky are making a huge decision to try and withdraw some of their channels from all the freeview packages around aswell and want to sell them on a sky bonus scheme or a sky collection and abviously keep them with their own services but its all still up in the air. :lol:

If you ring up any of the virgin centres and get crappy service then make sure you tell them, its only the tv section and BB that are new to the virgin name the mobile section has been virgin for a few years now...

I worked for NTL and now Virgin media, im sure it will all change , the only thing I have to show for it at the moment though is a red works secuirty pass?!?!? :naughty:

Theres been loads of adverts both on sky and in national press from Virgin basically blaming each other over the deal. I reckon its Sky being tight as the new virgin media stuff looks like there more content on demand for free. Could mean no more skysports unless they pay the increased price apparently.

I got a letter saying they had changed ownership a few months ago.

Don't really care who's fault it is, if Virgin lose Sky One they're screwed. I only got telewest for the broadband and the TV was an afterthought but Sky One's the most watched channel in my house so if that goes, we go. It'll be a pain swapping broadband and phone over an all but there's no point having digital telly with one of the major channels missing (So major it's top of the list on all virgin packages that offer it). They keep sending me all this stuff about a TV 'experience' they're offering me. I don't want an 'experience' I just want some decent channels. And I don't want to be able to watch a repeat of the office whenever I want rather than watching 24 when everyone else gets to watch it.

Sky are probably flexing their muscles and being childish about it, but if Virgin reckons they're overcharging for content then they either need to start their own channel Virgin One and buy the rights to new 24, Simpsons etc or bite the bullet and cough up.

Edited by BlueStar

The whole TV thing is getting screwed.

I have Virgin (Telewest) for my broadband and land line telephone but I stopped the TV stuff from them a couple of years ago and just went direct to Sky as the cost difference was minimal and Sky were offering a lot more channels. So I pay Sky for their Sky Sports package and since I stopped going to Old Trafford I now pay their season ticket for the pay per view games in addition.

Apart from the football, the main thing I watch is golf. From this year Setanta have taken the USPGA tour off sky and will also be showing some premiership football.

So, I now need a subscription with Sky, a subscription with Setanta, a pay per view season ticket with Sky and no doubt a pay per view contract of some kind with Setanta. It's bollox and I ain't f*ckin well paying it all! I can see me throwing the lot out if it becomes fragmented with more than one operator dominating.

Have faith in the Branson, he'll come good, he's the jesus of the media world

But I don't see him taking on Murdoch and co.

With the rise of Setanta I think things are going to change a lot for TV sport viewers in the next few years.

I can't see many people being prepared to fork out a subscription to both, so unless Murdoch crushes Setanta I think we'll see the end of subscripton packages and the start of everything becoming pay per view.

It's a bit of a dilemma for me, there should be free competition to Murdoch, and Setanta are providing that but it's still convenient to have most of your sports TV under one operator.

Just got this:

Dear customer,

Let’s face it. Things would be pretty boring if choice didn’t exist. There’d be just one kind of airline to fly with. One type of car to drive. And if Sky had their way, there’d only be one place to get TV.

We thought we’d let you in on a few tricks they’ve been trying to get their way.

While we’ve continued to make Virgin Media channels like Living, Bravo and Challenge available to all Sky customers, Sky may withdraw their non-premium channels from Virgin Media’s service – in order to force you into switching service.

Virgin Media were willing to pay an increase in costs in order to get the complete range of Sky content and channels.

However, Sky have consistently demanded an increase that bears no relation to the channels’ market value.

We have refused to accept this increase, since it would mean absorbing significant costs ourselves, and passing the kind of price increase on to our customers that is simply unfair. We are not prepared to rip off our customers.

So Sky have picked up their ball and gone home.

As a Virgin company, we’re well used to the attempts of large corporations trying to manipulate markets, stifle competition and rip off consumers.

Luckily, we don’t think Sky’s the limit.

We think the future’s full of fresh entertainment and communication possibilities. And we’re looking forward to bringing them to you. With all the freedom and choice you deserve.

We’ve launched Virgin Central, a revolutionary type of TV channel, where programmes start and stop when you say so. This is only available on Virgin Media, since Sky don’t have the technology to be able to transmit it. What’s more, it’s available to every single one of our digital TV customers.

And there’s our unique on demand library. A giant collection of over 500 films, 1000 music videos, 100s of TV shows – all at your beck and call. You can access them at any time.

We’re not scared of competition, we welcome it.

To find out more, visit virginmedia.com/fairplay.

Yours,

Just got this:

Dear customer,

Let’s face it. Things would be pretty boring if choice didn’t exist. There’d be just one kind of airline to fly with. One type of car to drive. And if Sky had their way, there’d only be one place to get TV.

We thought we’d let you in on a few tricks they’ve been trying to get their way.

While we’ve continued to make Virgin Media channels like Living, Bravo and Challenge available to all Sky customers, Sky may withdraw their non-premium channels from Virgin Media’s service – in order to force you into switching service.

Virgin Media were willing to pay an increase in costs in order to get the complete range of Sky content and channels.

However, Sky have consistently demanded an increase that bears no relation to the channels’ market value.

We have refused to accept this increase, since it would mean absorbing significant costs ourselves, and passing the kind of price increase on to our customers that is simply unfair. We are not prepared to rip off our customers.

So Sky have picked up their ball and gone home.

As a Virgin company, we’re well used to the attempts of large corporations trying to manipulate markets, stifle competition and rip off consumers.

Luckily, we don’t think Sky’s the limit.

We think the future’s full of fresh entertainment and communication possibilities. And we’re looking forward to bringing them to you. With all the freedom and choice you deserve.

We’ve launched Virgin Central, a revolutionary type of TV channel, where programmes start and stop when you say so. This is only available on Virgin Media, since Sky don’t have the technology to be able to transmit it. What’s more, it’s available to every single one of our digital TV customers.

And there’s our unique on demand library. A giant collection of over 500 films, 1000 music videos, 100s of TV shows – all at your beck and call. You can access them at any time.

We’re not scared of competition, we welcome it.

To find out more, visit virginmedia.com/fairplay.

Yours,

Virgin better not be thinking of pulling Livingoff Sky. I cant live without Americas Next Top Model

Did anyone who was on Telewest get notified that they were being switched, I didn't. Anyway just rang them as I currently pay £85.50 a month for my phone, BB, Tv & additional boxes etc. Turns out for 50p less I can go to 10mb BB, Unlimited land line calls and I'll also get Sky sports and Movies and also the option of a sim to put in my existing phone for £10 a month for 300mins to any network & 300 txts.

Nice of them to let me know :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=202715

By the sound of things you could be getting even more for a bit cheaper. Give them a bell and tell them you're away to Sky .

Did anyone who was on Telewest get notified that they were being switched, I didn't. Anyway just rang them as I currently pay £85.50 a month for my phone, BB, Tv & additional boxes etc. Turns out for 50p less I can go to 10mb BB, Unlimited land line calls and I'll also get Sky sports and Movies and also the option of a sim to put in my existing phone for £10 a month for 300mins to any network & 300 txts.

Nice of them to let me know :lol:

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=202715

By the sound of things you could be getting even more for a bit cheaper. Give them a bell and tell them you're away to Sky .

The mackem is getting what I'm paying £85.00 for, give them a ring i think :lol:

Full Sky package is currently £42.50/month + £50 a year for Prem Plus. I get cheapo broadband throught them (£10/month for 4meg unlimited) but it is expensive. I like the choice of sports and movies though, whether I get/choose to watch them or not.

£85.00 for 10MB BB/ x2 boxes one is hardrive, unlimited calls on my landline, full tv package. Just been back on to them about the sims, said they'd processed my orders got an e-mail confirming then another folowing saying they can't process the order, rang them, he checked the computer and said the order is still processing ring back in a couple of hours FFS some cnut is going to die tonight

Eventually got the ordered, turns out with the first numpty putting the name and address in wrong the system was automatically refusing it even when updated.

Look forward to dealing with these wankers, can see me and branson falling out tbh

Virgin customers, tune in to the channel that used to be SSN.

'Old Sky Sports Snooze'

:lol:

Saucer of milk for Mr Branson.

Shows a level of professionalism I've not seen since I got on a RyanAir plane with BYE BYE EASYJET! plastered on the side in Comic Sans.

Both of them are being dicks, but doesn't make much difference whose fault it is, looks like I'm switching to Sky. If Virgin paid the cash to Sky to keep them I'd be putting cash in Murdoch's pockets anyway.

Can't see the point in switching from Virgin to $ky tbh , All the "Basic/Shit" sky channels will be back come the end of the month.

Sky's viewing figures are going to make their eyes water if nothing else ... and they'll never make £20 million back from dropping viewing figures/ people switching over.Sky will lose and badly

"24" lost 33% of its viewers compared to the previous week.

"Lost" lost just over 10% of its viewers.