Have we scored any direct FreeKicks this season?

MattM4

A mate last night asked me: "So who takes the freekick for Newcastle this season?"

... And I didn't really know what to say. Solano I guess. With Emre or Zoggy also being able to step up to the plate. But have there been any examples during this campaign? I can't recall any.

A mate last night asked me: "So who takes the freekick for Newcastle this season?"

... And I didn't really know what to say. Solano I guess. With Emre or Zoggy also being able to step up to the plate. But have there been any examples during this campaign? I can't recall any.

emre scored one against lillestrom didnt he?

With Emre, Solano and Milner and even N'Zogbia it is shocking we have not scored from a free kick yet this season.

Emre's free kicks have been nothing short of shocking, he barely hits the fucking target.

With Emre, Solano and Milner and even N'Zogbia it is shocking we have not scored from a free kick yet this season.

Emre's free kicks have been nothing short of shocking, he barely hits the fucking target.

But he has the ability.

I'll never forget his free kick against Sunderland.

Wouldn't mind seeing Martins take some of the more closer in-direct free kicks like Shearer use to.

I thought that too. Zog could do those as well surely. They both have powerful left boots and know where the target is. Think Zog nearly scored a quality drive from about 30 yards in the InterToto Cup, only for Shola to score from the follow-up.

Wouldn't mind seeing Martins take some of the more closer in-direct free kicks like Shearer use to.

not a bad shout. a close range blaster from the edge of the box is usually a better bet than a curler.

Bring back Robert tbh :naughty:

People (especially Grimbo) moaned about Robert's poor service from set pieces. Robert indeed wasted a lot, but a certain amount of them where absolutely fantastic. That's much, much more than what we get to see nowadays...

Bring back Robert tbh :naughty:

People (especially Grimbo) moaned about Robert's poor service from set pieces. Robert indeed wasted a lot, but a certain amount of them where absolutely fantastic. That's much, much more than what we get to see nowadays...

A large part of the success under Robson (for me) was having quality delivery at set-pieces from either side when we had Robert and Solano in the team.