Will they unvail him today?

Jusoda Kid

I thought I just read somewhere that he'd be unveiled next week as he has to join up with the England squad.

No friggin way is Freddy letting him go without a phot in the new kit though!

Think its going to be next week. He's going with the england squad to train.

22792[/snapback]

but will we know for definite today that he has actually signed, and what stupid clauses he's been allowed in his contract?

From Teamtalk.com

Michael Owen will be unveiled as a Newcastle player following his return from international duty with England next week.

The 25-year-old was due to undergo a medical on Tyneside after agreeing a four-year deal with the Magpies, but will then meet up with Sven-Goran Eriksson's squad for their World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Northern Ireland.

Owen is suspended for Saturday's clash with John Toshack's men, but will be in contention for a return against the Irish on Wednesday.

"The player will undergo a medical on Tuesday afternoon and Newcastle United hope to unveil him at a press conference next week following his return from international duty," said a club spokesman.

Of course you won't see th econtract

I'd guess we have to let him go for £17 million if we're not in Yurop next season................................

22792[/snapback]

but will we know for definite today that he has actually signed, and what stupid clauses he's been allowed in his contract?

22797[/snapback]

No-one will be privvy to the more delicate areas of his contract.

22792[/snapback]

22797[/snapback]

No-one will be privvy to the more delicate areas of his contract.

22844[/snapback]

I'd guess it won't just be the player with clauses to suit him. I'd like to know how much of the fee will be paid in installments based on number of performances and goals. And was there some sort of offsetting of Woodgate payments or an agreement that we'll get first option on Robinho?