worst city/town to have a night out in (uk)

bobbyshinton

The Potteries/Staffs is getting the thumbs down here. Pud's lass is a native yet Pud is silent.

Stoke is a shit tip tbh

Cant believ it hasnt been mentioned yet but Hull is at the arse end of the world.

Agreed, but can be a quality night out tbh

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Potteries/Staffs is getting the thumbs down here. Pud's lass is a native yet Pud is silent.

Stoke is a shit tip tbh

Cant believ it hasnt been mentioned yet but Hull is at the arse end of the world.

Other than the "tower in an hour" I can see no temptation tbh

Stoke is a shit tip tbh

Other than the "tower in an hour" I can see no temptation tbh

Need to go old town Hull mate, not new town.

Wallsend - simply terrifying.

© V.Graham 1993

:lol:

Wallsend certainly isn't a great place for a night out, my mate lives near The Queen's Head and says there's fights and a police presence there most nights, they've got one "trendy" bar but I think even that's filled with radgies all the time.

Edited by Hatful Of Hollow

Wallsend - simply terrifying.

© V.Graham 1993

:lol:

Wallsend certainly isn't a great place for a night out, my mate lives near The Queen's Head and says there's fights and a police presence there most nights, they've got one "trendy" bar but I think even that's filled with radgies all the time.

We've got enough of those around these parts. :D

Any county durham town

chester-le-street

stanley

consett

darlington

take your pick

Good call, all shit tips. Does Stanley even have a pub?

Yes it does, The Hilltop. It was run by my mates Nick and Jan a few years back, good grub.

Seeing t00nraider brought those repressed memories back to the surface. I'm sorry but Torquay is a pretty crap night out too.

Depends what you want i suppose. There are some very good eating places in town. The touristy bars and clubs by the harbour are expensive and the clubs there are full of kids, but like anywhere, there are some very good pubs to be found, especially the ones that have live music :lol:

'Grockles' tend to head for the harbour because at night its lit up looking 'pretty' with many bars and clubs.

Any county durham town

chester-le-street

stanley

consett

darlington

take your pick

I'd agree with that. If Consett wasn't 10 mintes up the road I wouldn't bother with it. never been to Stanley for a night out but heard it's a dump. Never been to CLS either but heard it's just similar to Consett. Heard horror stories about Hexham. It's so local they know straight away that you're not from there, then they spend the whole night causing trouble.

Can't say I'm overly impressed with what I saw in Sunderland when my mates were uni there. I think it was the Manor Quay we went to.

I have been out in Watford once and never will again. I have had better nights out in the chav infested central Southampton pubs than I did in Watford.

You ended up in 'Kudos' or whatever they call it these days, didn't you??? BIG mistake! :lol:

Hemel Hempstead is a shit-hole too :D

The thing that made Birmingham absolutely shit for me was you felt intimidated wherever you went.

I can understand what you're saying Jonny, we often race at Birmingham Wheels racetrack...had one of the tyres slashed on the race car, (which was on the trailor) as we were driving out of the place one night :lol: The adventure park, as its called, leads onto this street where 'boy racers' park all along the road and race up and down, the police seem to just leave them to it, they watch as you drive past, i hate it.

Seeing t00nraider brought those repressed memories back to the surface. I'm sorry but Torquay is a pretty crap night out too.

Depends what you want i suppose. There are some very good eating places in town. The touristy bars and clubs by the harbour are expensive and the clubs there are full of kids, but like anywhere, there are some very good pubs to be found, especially the ones that have live music :lol:

'Grockles' tend to head for the harbour because at night its lit up looking 'pretty' with many bars and clubs.

:D

Sorry, but ooh arrr, that bee funnayyy.

Its not the worst but I do not like paying Edinburgh prices..

Edinburgh should not come close to being mentioned in this thread. It's worth paying extra.

No place is worth paying the best part of a fiver for a vodka....

Whereabouts would that be? I estimate that pubs there charge about 10% more than Newcastle for what I drink. The place has a canny vibe though, from an outsiders point of view.

Its not the worst but I do not like paying Edinburgh prices..

Edinburgh should not come close to being mentioned in this thread. It's worth paying extra.

No place is worth paying the best part of a fiver for a vodka....

Depends where you go. If you got to Tiger Lily and all the ponced up style bars where the self-conscious, preening wannabes go to, you really can't expect much else in Edinburgh. If you want a proper laugh, you need to branch out a bit and try some of the real pubs. Not like you're short of choice in Edinburgh.