Last Minute Liverpool Bid?

nufc4ever

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/4196760.stm

'But BBC Sport understands Liverpool, who play Newcastle in the Premiership on Boxing Day, have not given up hope of luring Owen with the transfer deadline at midnight on 31 August the cut-off point for any last-ditch move.'

Fucking well hope not. :suicide:

We'll be a right laughing stock! :stars:

PS - Sorry for another thread, just thought this point of discussion deserved it's own.

:icon_lol:

Edited by nufc4ever

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/4196760.stm

'But BBC Sport understands Liverpool, who play Newcastle in the Premiership on Boxing Day, have not given up hope of luring Owen with the transfer deadline at midnight on 31 August the cut-off point for any last-ditch move.'

Fucking well hope not.  :suicide:

We'll be a right laughing stock!  :stars:

PS - Sorry for another thread, just thought this point of discussion deserved it's own.

:icon_lol:

22829[/snapback]

Not sure how they can scupper the deal if Owen stays at St James for his medical then signs the contract straight after.

BBC are just stirring it , prob written by a pool supporter in a vain hope ..

22855[/snapback]

Bitter Bitter C**ts, who still don't want to believe that a classy player does sign neither for their beloved cockney clubs nor for Liverpool or ManUre...

BBC are just stirring it , prob written by a pool supporter in a vain hope ..

22855[/snapback]

Bitter Bitter C**ts, who still don't want to believe that a classy player does sign neither for their beloved cockney clubs nor for Liverpool or ManUre...

22859[/snapback]

Thought as much myself.

For us to have made an announcement I would assume he's already signed the contract with a "pending a medical" line in it.

22867[/snapback]

so why do all the reports say he has only 'agreed to sign' ?

22871[/snapback]

I think you might be taking the meaning of that too literally. I'd be very surprised if we've made this announcement with nothing in writing. I might be wrong like.

For us to have made an announcement I would assume he's already signed the contract with a "pending a medical" line in it.

22867[/snapback]

22871[/snapback]

I think you might be taking the meaning of that too literally. I'd be very surprised if we've made this announcement with nothing in writing. I might be wrong like.

22879[/snapback]

Be typical NUFC though wouldn't it!

22867[/snapback]

22871[/snapback]

22879[/snapback]

yeah i know but, well we'll see i guess!

22867[/snapback]

22871[/snapback]

22879[/snapback]

22881[/snapback]

Real Madrid President is quoted as saying he is already our player. I think it's all sorted just subject to medical.

22867[/snapback]

22871[/snapback]

22879[/snapback]

22881[/snapback]

Real Madrid President is quoted as saying he is already our player. I think it's all sorted just subject to medical.

22888[/snapback]

well if that is the case you know he'll get injured next wednesday dont you :suicide:

sorry :stars:

22867[/snapback]

22871[/snapback]

22879[/snapback]

22881[/snapback]

22888[/snapback]

well if that is the case you know he'll get injured next wednesday dont you :icon_lol:

sorry :suicide:

22892[/snapback]

Aye, broken leg v N. Ireland. :stars:

He's suspended btw.

22897[/snapback]

Aye, for the Wales game on Saturday. He#s back for Northern Ireland next Wednesday.

22903[/snapback]

Bollocks :stars: