Last Minute Liverpool Bid?

nufc4ever

BBC are just stirring it , prob written by a pool supporter in a vain hope ..

22855[/snapback]

BBC seem to have nothing but Man U and Liverpool supporters among their contributors (along with the usual Lahndeners) But I'd like Newcastle to put this to bed as soon as possible. If this did happen then Shepherd Souness etc will be dangling from lamposts. :stars:

As our friends from the city of culture would say, calm down, calm down.

NUFC agree fee.

Owen agrees to sign.

Medical.

He's ours.

He doesn't agree to join us and then goes elsewhere. (meaning he's a man of his word and he will sign for us)

Edited by snakehips

Interesting article...

http://www.koptalk.org/archive/editor/300805.shtml

Between 11.07pm and 1.01am last night I exchanged several emails with Insider sources who pleaded with me to protect their identity. I was asked to provide certain guarantees which I agreed to - in other words the provider of information was extremely close to the ins and outs of Michael's movements and decisions. At 12.50am I received an email which revealed that someone involved in the saga (who I can't name) had received notification of what Owen's plans were. At 1.13am I posted on the Insider website that my confidence regarding a Liverpool deal had plummeted and to bed I went, sulking.

I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening following Michael and his agent around Northumberland. Steve and I were climbing walls (yes I can still climb them!) and scaling fences in the hope of finding a bit of info. Steve even got detained by security officers at Newcastle airport and turned over to the police when we entered a restricted area to get a photo of the private jet Michael had arrived in, the same jet that remained there well after those talks with Newcastle ended.

This morning, having slept on it (the issue, not the wife), I checked my emails, faxes and newspapers and was informed that Owen was heading to Merseyside to be nearby incase Liverpool reached an agreement with Real Madrid. Then I received an email from Barry (who runs our sister site UpTheToon.com) to be told that Owen was heading back to Tyneside for a medical this afternoon. A statement then followed on the official NUFC website and Sky Sports News ran the 'OWEN TO SIGN FOR NEWCASTLE' headline. My heart sunk.

First things first, Michael Owen did not turn Liverpool down. He also didn't have to choose between Liverpool and Newcastle because he wasn't given a choice. If Liverpool won't pay what Real Madrid want for him then there's little else he could do. For me Liverpool have cocked this up from start to finish. The player should never have been allowed to run his contract so low in the first place. They also allowed Owen to pan it out for far too long leaving us with few options than to allow him to leave for a poxy £8million. Sorry but Rick Parry is to blame.

Now as far as I'm concerned, regardless of the fact that Owen is a former Red, Liverpool should be buying the very best players when they become available. Owen would guarantee us goals, the current lot leave a lot to be desired. Only Cisse looks capable and he hasn't done much yet and his morale is low as he knows Liverpool want rid - surely he'll be here for the season now though?

I'm told that Michael is gutted that he has been unable to move back to Anfield. The same sources who emailed me last night, have emailed me just a few minutes ago to say that Owen was "struggling to go through with the deal" and had "a big element of doubt in his mind". That for me shows that St Mike has been forced into a corner. He wants to play for Liverpool but Liverpool aren't as ambitious as Newcastle United it would seem who are breaking the bank for the player, only days after splashing £10million on another striker and that's without a decent run in Europe. I guess Shepherd was mad to get involved with GOAL! the movie after all... Parry as we know rejected the free publicity and involvement even though Manchester United and other clubs pleaded to be involved. Point is Newcastle know how to market their club, this with little success to capitalise on - yes this is a pop at the Liverpool board. Right now they're selling hundreds of 'OWEN 10' shirts in the Newcastle club shop and this before the player has even finalised a move there. Has anyone even bought a Crouch shirt yet? £7million Crouch... sorry, it's not personal and I appreciate that the player never set the fee, but it's a piss take.

To allow Owen to sign for another Premiership club is criminal, especially when we could have financed a deal with staggered payments which Real would have accepted. I'd like to think that Liverpool will show some bottle and make a dramatic late bid because if they did, we'd get him but what chances of that? However, like former Red Craig Johnston just said, "I wouldn't bet against Michael Owen returning to Anfield as a Liverpool player one day." What's funny is William Hill are already taking bets on when Owen will leave!

European Cup or not, Rafa's choices of Morientes and Crouch had better deliver.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/4196760.stm

'But BBC Sport understands Liverpool, who play Newcastle in the Premiership on Boxing Day, have not given up hope of luring Owen with the transfer deadline at midnight on 31 August the cut-off point for any last-ditch move.'

22829[/snapback]

What's this talk about "luring Owen"? Its not like they failed to reach an agreement with the player - he'd walk back to them even if they paid him in sand. They will not match our bid for Owen and that's that.

Load of utter bollocks. Amazing how the press can put out this shite without being held at all accountable.

Interesting article...

I spent most of yesterday afternoon and evening following Michael and his agent around Northumberland. Steve and I were climbing walls (yes I can still climb them!) and scaling fences in the hope of finding a bit of info. Steve even got detained by security officers at Newcastle airport and turned over to the police when we entered a restricted area to get a photo of the private jet Michael had arrived in, the same jet that remained there well after those talks with Newcastle ended.

22960[/snapback]

I've got a vision of the two scousers off Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrells, one giving the other a bunk up the wall to try and catch a glimpse of Owen. :stars:

'But BBC Sport understands Liverpool, who play Newcastle in the Premiership on Boxing Day, have not given up hope of luring Owen with the transfer deadline at midnight on 31 August the cut-off point for any last-ditch move.'

22829[/snapback]

What's this talk about "luring Owen"? Its not like they failed to reach an agreement with the player - he'd walk back to them even if they paid him in sand. They will not match our bid for Owen and that's that.

Load of utter bollocks. Amazing how the press can put out this shite without being held at all accountable.

22961[/snapback]

Yes but what if all the public uproar caused the board to re-enter negotiations with Real?

22829[/snapback]

22961[/snapback]

Yes but what if all the public uproar caused the board to re-enter negotiations with Real?

22968[/snapback]

I don't think it matters when there's such a gap between our offer and the one Liverpool have made. There's no way they'll bridge that gap.

Alan Oliver has just been live on SSN and he says that he's been assured that Liverpool will not be allowed to hijack our bid.

22974[/snapback]

I fully expect Michael Owen to be a Liverpool player by the end of the week. :stars:

Alan Oliver has just been live on SSN and he says that he's been assured that Liverpool will not be allowed to hijack our bid.

22974[/snapback]

That's fucked it then! :stars:

Edit: Bastid Gemmill beat me to it! :suicide:

Edited by MrBass

22974[/snapback]

That's fucked it then! :suicide:

Edit: Bastid Gemmill beat me to it! :icon_lol:

22979[/snapback]

:stars:

To be fair to the fella he mentioned that he had been worried about Liverpool nicking him when the heard the stories this morning but he said that Shepherd had told him personally that he would be signing for us no question.

22974[/snapback]

That's fucked it then! :icon_lol:

Edit: Bastid Gemmill beat me to it! :blush:

22979[/snapback]

:stars:

To be fair to the fella he mentioned that he had been worried about Liverpool nicking him when the heard the stories this morning but he said that Shepherd had told him personally that he would be signing for us no question.

22988[/snapback]

Don't forget who's still holding on to the wife and kid, eh? :suicide: Until he signs on the contract at least.

22974[/snapback]

I fully expect Michael Owen to be a Liverpool player by the end of the week. :stars:

22976[/snapback]

to be fair, until we see him in a newcastle shirt nothing much has changed since last week really has it?

Interesting article...

Between 11.07pm and 1.01am last night I exchanged several emails with Insider sources who pleaded with me to protect their identity. I was asked to provide certain guarantees which I agreed to - in other words the provider of information was extremely close to the ins and outs of Michael's movements and decisions. At 12.50am I received an email which revealed that someone involved in the saga (who I can't name) had received notification of what Owen's plans were. At 1.13am I posted on the Insider website that my confidence regarding a Liverpool deal had plummeted and to bed I went, sulking.

This morning, having slept on it (the issue, not the wife), I checked my emails, faxes and newspapers and was informed that Owen was heading to Merseyside to be nearby incase Liverpool reached an agreement with Real Madrid. Then I received an email from Barry (who runs our sister site UpTheToon.com) to be told that Owen was heading back to Tyneside for a medical this afternoon. A statement then followed on the official NUFC website and Sky Sports News ran the 'OWEN TO SIGN FOR NEWCASTLE' headline. My heart sunk.

First things first, Michael Owen did not turn Liverpool down. He also didn't have to choose between Liverpool and Newcastle because he wasn't given a choice. If Liverpool won't pay what Real Madrid want for him then there's little else he could do. For me Liverpool have cocked this up from start to finish. The player should never have been allowed to run his contract so low in the first place. They also allowed Owen to pan it out for far too long leaving us with few options than to allow him to leave for a poxy £8million. Sorry but Rick Parry is to blame.

Now as far as I'm concerned, regardless of the fact that Owen is a former Red, Liverpool should be buying the very best players when they become available. Owen would guarantee us goals, the current lot leave a lot to be desired. Only Cisse looks capable and he hasn't done much yet and his morale is low as he knows Liverpool want rid - surely he'll be here for the season now though?

I'm told that Michael is gutted that he has been unable to move back to Anfield. The same sources who emailed me last night, have emailed me just a few minutes ago to say that Owen was "struggling to go through with the deal" and had "a big element of doubt in his mind". That for me shows that St Mike has been forced into a corner. He wants to play for Liverpool but Liverpool aren't as ambitious as Newcastle United it would seem who are breaking the bank for the player, only days after splashing £10million on another striker and that's without a decent run in Europe. I guess Shepherd was mad to get involved with GOAL! the movie after all... Parry as we know rejected the free publicity and involvement even though Manchester United and other clubs pleaded to be involved. Point is Newcastle know how to market their club, this with little success to capitalise on - yes this is a pop at the Liverpool board. Right now they're selling hundreds of 'OWEN 10' shirts in the Newcastle club shop and this before the player has even finalised a move there. Has anyone even bought a Crouch shirt yet? £7million Crouch... sorry, it's not personal and I appreciate that the player never set the fee, but it's a piss take.

To allow Owen to sign for another Premiership club is criminal, especially when we could have financed a deal with staggered payments which Real would have accepted. I'd like to think that Liverpool will show some bottle and make a dramatic late bid because if they did, we'd get him but what chances of that? However, like former Red Craig Johnston just said, "I wouldn't bet against Michael Owen returning to Anfield as a Liverpool player one day." What's funny is William Hill are already taking bets on when Owen will leave!

22960[/snapback]

Does anyone actually believe this crap?

It smacks, to me, of yet another knacka who just makes up all this 'chasing Owen around Northumberland' and 'security guards at Newcastle airport' to try and give some sort of credibility to his 'article'.

He is probably some fat, sweaty, woollyback who hasn't left his house for twelve weeks or so, let alone been to see Liverpool!

Interesting article...

22960[/snapback]

Does anyone actually believe this crap?

It smacks, to me, of yet another knacka who just makes up all this 'chasing Owen around Northumberland' and 'security guards at Newcastle airport' to try and give some sort of credibility to his 'article'.

He is probably some fat, sweaty, woollyback who hasn't left his house for twelve weeks or so, let alone been to see Liverpool!

23007[/snapback]

its utter bollocks as far as i'm concerned ,koptalk my arse :stars: