Mates

Jusoda Kid

question for the boys then....If your lass/wife/girlfriend/significant other etc was going out on the lash with a group of lads would that be "ok" or would there be questions asked ???

Depends on a million things

how long have we been a thing, has she a history of infidelity, what history does she have with the lads in question, what kind of lads they are... etc. etc. etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question for the boys then....If your lass/wife/girlfriend/significant other etc was going out on the lash with a group of lads would that be "ok" or would there be questions asked ???

how long have we been a thing, has she a history of infidelity, what history does she have with the lads in question, what kind of lads they are... etc. etc. etc.

the lads had been her mates for years, she had never had a "thing" with any of them , regardless of past infidelities with other unassociated males ???...what kind of lads ???

Edited by Radgina

I've got three groups of friends,

1 I've known since I was a nipper and through school.

2nd lot I've known for a few years and go out drinking with this lot the most and travel to away games with them, inc Luke(wubbuleUC),Thompson and Tanzo off here.

3rd lot are mates from Uni I've known less than a year.

Edited by Greg

the lads had been her mates for years, she had never had a "thing" with any of them , regardless of past infidelities with other unassociated males ???...what kind of lads ???

:D I smell past experience here like.

like Pat, I wouldn't be with someone I couldn't trust, but that's not to say I would be happy about her going out with a bunch of lads if she was the only girl. Not because I think she's going to run off with them (although that's happened in the past) just because I'd be concerned that high-jinx might upset her.

Lads who are out on the pull, or lads likely to get into trouble, those kinds of lads I'd be cautious of

Not because I think she's going to run off with them (although that's happened in the past) just because I'd be concerned that high-jinx might upset her.

Surely if she couldn't handle high jinx then she wouldn't be comfortable going out with them in the first place?

I'm saying that as someone who mainly has blokes as mates. I know it's not a problem to me but yes, it's been a problem to some blokes I've been out with, without there being any foundation whatsoever.

My 2 best friends (girlfriends) are still in Manchester and I miss them horribly.

well obviously it's impossible to answer the original question because of the myriad of permutations.

but I think it' snot unreasonable for a guy to be uncomfortable for his girl to go out alone with blokes, just as girl would be within her rights to be uncomfortable with her fella going out with just girls...

though the latter is more likely an indication that perhaps he's more in touch with his feminine side than she'd like :D

well obviously it's impossible to answer the original question because of the myriad of permutations.

but I think it' snot unreasonable for a guy to be uncomfortable for his girl to go out alone with blokes, just as girl would be within her rights to be uncomfortable with her fella going out with just girls...

though the latter is more likely an indication that perhaps he's more in touch with his feminine side than she'd like :D

:D that really made me laugh out loud.....wor lad is going out with a bunch of women on Thursday night ( he used to be a school caretaker and he is going out with some of his ex-workmates ) and I am not worried in the least . I will ask him when he gets in from footy how in touch with his "feminine side" he is :D

He has just walked in the door and said " Does wearing pink tops mean I am in touch with my feminine side ?" !!!!!

Edited by Radgina

Lost contact a few years back with a mate I'd known since junior school. He set up with this lass and just disappeared off the map. So fuck him.

Got a mate who lives at the other end of the country now that I've known since secondary school. Still stay in touch and see each other two or three times a year. In fact I'm going down there to stay with him and his Mrs for a couple of days later in the month.

My other two closest mates I've known since university. They both live in Bradford and we usually meet up every couple of months.

The rest of my friends I've met through work or people I work with. I'm quite choosy about friends now. I've got enough good close friends so I don't tend to make much of an effort with new folks now. I tend to go on a first impressions now, rightly or wrongly.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

My proper friends are from back home. Just people I know from school and early drinking days. Most of us left the area over ten years ago. About 3 or 4 of us are planning on going back to live there this year. About 5 of them will never come back probably. Get invited over for nice cheap holidays though. Still not sure coming back is the right decision. Might get stuck there.

Still keep in touch with people from my travels and work down south.

bizarrely enough my closest friends live furthest from me and two that are close (geographically) won't be once they graduate.

One in London, one in Bournemouth, one in Cheshire and the two that will leave are going back to the Isle of Man and Guernsey.

I'm more in touch with those guys than I am the lads (and lasses) from Newcastle. They more and more mean less and less to me. I think I was friends only because we lived next to each other...

She wouldn't. :D

why not ??

Nar I'm only kidding, personally I wouldn't have a problem with it, well they'd have to be people who she was out with who you knew were canny folk though as that obviously has a big factor in it.

There's a group of about 10 of us, some live away from home but come back regular. Known each other since at least senior school, some from infants.

Then there's the lads we drink with in the pub who were all about 3 years below us at school (about another 15)

Lasses feel intimidated by the fact we've known each other for so long. Well, that's my excuse anyways.

Wacky, are you sure you don't just know all of your "mates" from the chocolate factory?

Are you sure your mates aren't people offline who you game with and share the odd fancy cake with.

Having an issue right now kind of. My absolute best mate/friend whom I've known forever is male and despite protestations to the contrary we're so close people assume we're a couple. This was ignored and not considered an issue until the lass he's head over heels for decided to tell him this past weekend it's either her or me as she doesn't believe he and I have a platonic relationship. She doesn't realise as close as he and I are that I know EVERYTHING he gets up to and that's exactly why there will never be anything between us. :D

Most of my friends are people I've known for years.. a couple since primary school and a few more close friends from high school - don't really keep in contact with many others from school.

That said, I don't actually see my best friends a great deal. Out of my five closest friends from school, three are still at uni, one lives down south now and one is working all hours whilst she saves to go travelling. Obviously we keep in touch constantly and all see each other when we can but that's not as often as I'd like. When we do meet up though it's just the same as it's always been.. because they're my best mates.

My boyfriend struggles to grasp the fact that I rarely see my best friends as none of his lot went away to uni so they've rarely gone a week without seeing each other a couple of times.

Known most of my friends since I was about 13. Good lads, and the sort of friends you can not see for months then when everyone gets together it's like you've never been away. Most of them are married/nearly divorced/parents these days mind. Then there are the other good friends that you pick up along the way as well.

I'm not one of these who has a huge circle of friends/acquaintances though. Never have been. I'd rather know the people that I do know well, and that'll do me.

Well, I've got my best mate (yes him) who I unfortunately went to nursery, primary, and high school with. Can't shake the fucker off. I've then got two good mates who I went to school with who I still see, although one of them is weel under the thumb now and the other believes he's in a boy band.

I've then got the football lads who are a totally different crowd. They're all older than me, and were my dads mates really. I've known them since I was a bairn and as I got to drinking age they became mates. Still enjoy the crack with them at the match on a Saturday, usually helps detract from the football.

I've lost contact with the majority of "friends" from school and my village. Deliberately on the most part, but some just by neglect.

I've kept in contact with the ones who put as much as I did, into whatever kind of friendship we had.

sounds pompous, but to be fair I was screwed over by a fair few "mates" and I don't really miss any of them. There's still a couple who I'm in contact with, that frankly I could live without. I stay in touch through habit alone.

However, I've a core group of about 5 mates who are thick as thieves and whose other halves find our relationships a problem.

those I've know for a mix... some only 3 years or so, others I've known because our folks were friends before we turned up.

You sound popular mate :D:D

All but one are mates from school A couple from infants, a few more from junior school then another from seniors. Only that one lad managed to make it into the group of mates that wasn't from school. Not really to gutted about the ones I've lost contact with, in some cases it's a blessing.

I've lost quite a few friends to Australia, which is why i resent the place/could well end up living there.

Theres a group of mates from Whitley/Shields that grew as we grew up. 2 of us met when we were 4 so thats 29 years as mates. The home contingent are now spread all over, some in Edinburgh, couple in the north east, couple in London, 1 in france and 1 in Spain. We meet altogether every christmas at best now. The last time i saw them was like we'd never spent any time apart though.

As i've moved around a lot i've got friends all over. My best mate in france is mexican.

i've a couple of best mates (one of whom i share a flat with), and lots of different groups of friends.

theres my previous work colleagues, about 15 people who i keep in touch with, whenever they have a big night out i'm invited. its always a good craic.

my current work colleagues who are all nice....

i play football twice a week as part of training for my sunday league footy and they are quite a laugh as well.

my main group of mates spans the country, from dorset to reading to leeds back down to kingston where i'm based.

i see them pretty much whenever i can but we've all gone our own way and its becoming trickier and trickier to get some of them out....

I've lost contact with the majority of "friends" from school and my village. Deliberately on the most part, but some just by neglect.

I've kept in contact with the ones who put as much as I did, into whatever kind of friendship we had.

sounds pompous, but to be fair I was screwed over by a fair few "mates" and I don't really miss any of them. There's still a couple who I'm in contact with, that frankly I could live without. I stay in touch through habit alone.

However, I've a core group of about 5 mates who are thick as thieves and whose other halves find our relationships a problem.

those I've know for a mix... some only 3 years or so, others I've known because our folks were friends before we turned up.

You sound popular mate :blush::D

Well you lot all adore me so that's something :D

to be fair I've a bunch of people I know and who I can have a drink with, but I wouldn't call em up for a pint when I was blue... I guess for me it's how much you can rely on them and how much of your time you're willing to give up for them.

Anyway, people tend to dissappoint you so it's best to stick with the ones that are tried an tested :D

:icon_lol: