Toontastic 5-a-side

Guest Patrokles

'goal hangers' have their legs sweeped away by the keepers arms.....FACT

If thats the case how did Peter and Scott score so many against you then?

Neither of them scored against me actually - I'd moved out of goal by the time they started banging them in. Matt got a few though :lol:

Peter is bound to go on about his 'gazza-esque' turn and finish when he skinned me when i was in defence though :rolleyes:

I defo scored one against you, I'm sure. Although knowing your encyclopaedic knowledge of anything vaguely football related, you probably have this chronicled somewhere and will prove me wrong. :rolleyes:

You were stood next to the posts I was defending as the 'substitute' most of the first half man!!!

:icon_lol:

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'goal hangers' have their legs sweeped away by the keepers arms.....FACT

If thats the case how did Peter and Scott score so many against you then?

Neither of them scored against me actually - I'd moved out of goal by the time they started banging them in. Matt got a few though :lol:

Peter is bound to go on about his 'gazza-esque' turn and finish when he skinned me when i was in defence though ;)

I defo scored one against you, I'm sure. Although knowing your encyclopaedic knowledge of anything vaguely football related, you probably have this chronicled somewhere and will prove me wrong. :rolleyes:

You were stood next to the posts I was defending as the 'substitute' most of the first half man!!!

:icon_lol:

What was the score again? :rolleyes:

:lol:

Ahhh yes that famous defending, didn't someone turn you by flicking the ball over yours and their head (no mean feat allegedly being the height they are and all that), spinning round you and volleying it into the back of the net? iirc tbh :icon_lol:

Lucky fucking shot tbh :icon_lol:

It's only because we'd implemented Cath's 'play fair' rules. Normally I'd have had your kneecap :rolleyes::lol:

Personally I think the 'box rule' is essential if you're playing seriously, we do it in our league. But if its just a bunch of mates playing for a laugh, so to speak, its not really needed. So long as theres no goal hangers!!

I've had plenty of games with and without the rule and like you say, when its for fun, either works. I'm happy as long as the worthless head height rule goes! I've had games where it was gettign stoped continually for head height, many times when it was at most chest height and it got annoying.

-insert jokes about my height here- :lol:

Will you fucking listen to you lot trying to implement rules and the like! The rules are: You turn up, try not to sweat so much that it shows through your clothes, try and stop your faces looking like beetroots and try not to have a coronary due to your unfitness.

That is all.

Anything else goes.

Guest stevieintoon

Will you fucking listen to you lot trying to implement rules and the like! The rules are: You turn up, try not to sweat so much that it shows through your clothes, try and stop your faces looking like beetroots and try not to have a coronary due to your unfitness.

That is all.

Anything else goes.

Less of the swearing you, disgusting language, from a so called lady as well.

That is all.

Anything else goes.

You quite sure about that?? I don't think Isegrim will be too chuffed if Gemmill tries to amputate his leg again! :lol:

Mind you if we had rules, there's no way in hell Neil would have got on court with his choice of footwear....

To be fair like, the Gemmillator just stood his ground and the German bounced off and fell to the floor in a heap. :lol: I did feel bad though cos I thought for a second that he might have spacca'd his knee again. :icon_lol:

That is all.

Anything else goes.

You quite sure about that?? I don't think Isegrim will be too chuffed if Gemmill tries to amputate his leg again! :icon_lol:

Mind you if we had rules, there's no way in hell Neil would have got on court with his choice of footwear....

:lol: He looked like he'd been out rambling, got lost, and wandered into a football match.

I reckon we could easily get it for 2 hours like. Last time both courts were empty and we didn't get kicked off, we only stopped to go the match.*

Is anyone here a member of Eldon Leisure? The only problem I had last time was that non-members are only allowed to book sessions 48 hours beforehand whilst members can book a week and a half in advance.

I reckon we also need to play for a trophy, even if it's just a piece of scrumpled tin foil with spoons glued on it. In recognition of how we all think we could still make it as pros, we could call it the Fumaca Memorial Cup.

*actually we were all fucked.

I reckon we could easily get it for 2 hours like. Last time both courts were empty and we didn't get kicked off, we only stopped to go the match.*

Is anyone here a member of Eldon Leisure? The only problem I had last time was that non-members are only allowed to book sessions 48 hours beforehand whilst members can book a week and a half in advance.

I reckon we also need to play for a trophy, even if it's just a piece of scrumpled tin foil with spoons glued on it. In recognition of how we all think we could still make it as pros, we could call it the Fumaca Memorial Cup.

We could have a trophy making contest. :icon_lol: I'm thinking this is maybe one for the girls. :lol:

In fact that's it decided. All the lasses on the board have to design and build a trophy (it has to be board-related), and the winner will be presented on the day. Hop to it beeatches!

Re getting it for two hours - what would we do, have a round robin mini-league thing. The accountant has just tried to work out how many games that would involve and had to stop cos his brain was hurting. :rolleyes:

That is all.

Anything else goes.

You quite sure about that?? I don't think Isegrim will be too chuffed if Gemmill tries to amputate his leg again! :icon_lol:

:lol: He looked like he'd been out rambling, got lost, and wandered into a football match.

He looked like he'd just finished a shift down the mines and not had chance to change them tbh...

I reckon we could easily get it for 2 hours like. Last time both courts were empty and we didn't get kicked off, we only stopped to go the match.*.

I seem to recall us stopping coincided with some kid wandered around the court vigorously shaking everyone's hand :lol:

We could have a trophy making contest. :icon_lol: I'm thinking this is maybe one for the girls. :lol:

In fact that's it decided. All the lasses on the board have to design and build a trophy (it has to be board-related), and the winner will be presented on the day. Hop to it beeatches!

Re getting it for two hours - what would we do, have a round robin mini-league thing. The accountant has just tried to work out how many games that would involve and had to stop cos his brain was hurting. :rolleyes:

For four teams, six games.

120 mins divided by 6 is 20 minute games. Genius!

Gawd, you can hear the brain cells burning... :lol:

Admit it, you're jealous!

Have you started making your trophy yet? :icon_lol:

No. I'm still half asleep and am having a cup of tea.

You can have the cup when I'm done with the tea though, if you like. I'll stick some ginger biscuits in it in your honour if your team wins it :rolleyes:

120 mins divided by 6 is 20 minute games. Genius!

Gawd, you can hear the brain cells burning... :lol:

Admit it, you're jealous!

Have you started making your trophy yet? :icon_lol:

No. I'm still half asleep and am having a cup of tea.

You can have the cup when I'm done with the tea though, if you like. I'll stick some ginger biscuits in it in your honour if your team wins it :rolleyes:

Ginger like your barnet? :rolleyes: Finish your tea then get cracking on it then! Chop chop!