Official Formula 1 thread

Ketsbaia

Who do you think will win the title?  

42 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

From Autosport:

Ferrari invite photocopy shop guy to Italy

Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has invited the British photocopy shop employee who helped uncover the McLaren spy scandal to Italy to thank him.

"If it had not been for that photocopy man we would not have known anything about this story," Montezemolo told reporters on Wednesday at the carmaker's end-of-year celebration at their Maranello headquarters.

"That's why we have invited him to the Mugello race track and will invite him to our factory."

The anonymous employee tipped off Ferrari that somebody had copied 780 pages of their technical data in June.

The dossier was found at the home of McLaren's former chief designer Mike Coughlan and the scandal eventually cost his team the constructors' title and a $100-million fine.

Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen went on to edge McLaren's Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso for the drivers' title.

Montezemolo had already dedicated Ferrari's win at the Belgian Grand Prix, where the Italian team virtually secured the constructors' championship, to the employee and to fans.

With the FIA bringing some closure to the spy scandal this week by cancelling a February hearing into McLaren's 2008 car, Montezemolo hopes the sport can now move on from the affair.

my point is dont post on this board when you have got home from an all day christmas sesh!

i cannot even remember getting home let alone going online :yes

and yeah that is a very nice touch (jammy git!!!)

;)

• 13 years later...

Just anyone really care about the honours system? It was nice to see Rashford get a medal but other than that I can’t see I’m bothered. 

It’s fairly meaningless tbh.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I found this graphic to be very informative :cuppa:

Ironically my old man knew Jim Clark. He used to watch him from the pits at Charterhall airfield in Berwickshire when he was just getting started in racing. 

Tbf, they deserved medals for taking part in the racing in those days

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

I found this graphic to be very informative :cuppa:

Ironically my old man knew Jim Clark. He used to watch him from the pits at Charterhall airfield in Berwickshire when he was just getting started in racing. 

I can’t speak about the rest on the list but afaia Damon Hill never lived in Monaco. Be wary of semi-professional looking graphics on Twitter.

22 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I can’t speak about the rest on the list but afaia Damon Hill never lived in Monaco. Be wary of semi-professional looking graphics on Twitter.

Thats mentioned in the comments...apparently when he got his gong he was registered in Monaco for tax purposes. Jackie Stewart has live in Switzerland since 1969 :lol:

I think there is perhaps less respect for Hamilton because of how boring the sport has become. I feel like when I grew up watching Mansell, Hill, Schumacher, etc there was a genuine fear of danger and a really competitive spirit. 

It’s not Hamilton’s fault he pisses it year on year but it’s just not interesting to me.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Tbf, they deserved medals for taking part in the racing in those days

Pffft.....but could they slide down an iced up Byker bank on a February night on a half inched, placca council barrier? :cuppa:

• Haha 3

• 3 years later...