Anyone been to Cyprus?

nufc4ever

Thinking of booking a holiday with the missus for July to Protaras in Cyprus. We're 24 and 21 but not particularly looking for crazy nightlife, just a good selection of restaurants and things to do. It's not a piss-up holiday, just for relaxing. She's found it, i'm paying.

Anyone been? Thoughts?

I've only been to the other end but the lass's Mam and Dad go to Protaras a lot. Apparently it has a lovely beach and it's next Ayia Napa if you fancy a livlier night. Watch out for the squaddies though. It'll be absolutely boiling in July mind.

I've only been to the other end but the lass's Mam and Dad go to Protaras a lot. Apparently it has a lovely beach and it's next Ayia Napa if you fancy a livlier night. Watch out for the squaddies though. It'll be absolutely boiling in July mind.

Never been but that will be correct. I experienced the wierd sensation of being hot in the swimming pool in the Algarve last year - it was 40C. Makes sure you get a/c.

I like Greece but the contrast between the nice places and the Brit-hooligan resorts is stark to say the least. From what I've heard and from my experience Cyprus is like Greece but the accommodation tends to be a bit more upmarket, usually with a/c. I would say that it's too hot through the day for my there in July though. And I quite like the currant bun.

Edited by alex

I don't mind the sun, but it's normally a relief for me coming back to the cool weather at home when I go in the summer. Might have to re-assess the dates...

Been to Cyprus a few times with work, like whats been said becareful if the squaddies, when I am over with work we are sent out by the MoD but to keep away from the nutters we stay off camp.

Apart from that youll be right, good place :lol:

Oh dear. Just queried the dates, swift angry reply.

Completely forgot it was meant to be around her birthday. July it is. :icon_lol:

:lol:

I direct you to the "Sofa" thread, it may be useful :rolleyes:

What's with the squaddies then? Enlighten me, i'm ignorant.

Get pished and just wanna scrap amoungst them selves and anyone else who looks at them really.

Youll be ok, you sound sensible enough. Most of them are in Afgan or Iraq anyway :lol:

Oh dear. Just queried the dates, swift angry reply.

Completely forgot it was meant to be around her birthday. July it is. :rolleyes:

:lol:

I direct you to the "Sofa" thread, it may be useful :rolleyes:

I would go there but that apostrophe really fucks me off. :icon_lol:

Book Limassol mate, smack bang in the middle, lovely coast, great shops, not too busy, decent things to doo on a night and less than an hour away from Ayia Napa and all other main places on the island. Dream holiday location for me.

I'm currently in Cyprus at the moment, I've only been to protaras a couple of times but it seems very nice and if its a relaxing holiday you want then thats the place to go. If you would like and more infomation just ask and i'll do my best to answer.

I'm currently in Cyprus at the moment, I've only been to protaras a couple of times but it seems very nice and if its a relaxing holiday you want then thats the place to go. If you would like and more infomation just ask and i'll do my best to answer.

I went a few year ago. I'd rather put a needle that has been dipped in acid down my japs eye whilst having my eye ripped out of it's socket with a cork-screw.

Wasn't the worst holiday I've had though.