This 42 stone woman

Gemmill

What are people's opinions on this story? I've seen her on the news and heard all the stuff about how she hasn't been out of bed in 6 months, and that she has an eating disorder and needs help etc.....

“I have been left to die by the doctors. They’ve told me I could die within three months. If I was anorexic I would get proper help but no one has sympathy for obese people.”

Apparently the PCT has offered to put her in a mental care institution, but she says they can't offer her the help she needs. What help is she looking for exactly and how does she know they can't help her? If the PCT thinks that this would help then shouldn't she just accept their help? As things stand she lies in bed all day, so why not do it under medical supervision where she actually has a chance of surviving.

She's got kids an'all. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of the case in terms of whether she has an eating disorder or whatever, but there's a lot to be said for personal responsibility and self-control, or even just accepting the help that someone is trying to offer instead of just lying there going "I'm going to die and no one wants to help me" between mouthfuls of pie.

By the way, she's only 5ft tall. Her BMI must be a fucking disgrace! :lol:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if she cant get out of bed, how the fuck can she continue to not eat properly, someone needs to put they're foot down

I just picture her bairns doing shuttle runs to and from the fridge. Keeping them fit I suppose.

BMI of a Bobby's Hotdog no doubt.

I can't comment on whether the treatment is 100% appropriate or the absolute best offer available....but if she appreciates the fact that she's going to die "I've been left to die...", then why doesn't she take it anyway? Surely it's better than her current predicament.

One thing I don't get by the way, is what her eating "disorder" is. Does her stomach think it belongs to a hippo? Or is her "disorder" simply that she eats far far far too much?

Same shite as there was with that fat kid, people not willing to take responsibility for their own actions.

They should follow my easy guide to weight loss:

Eat less and eat better + More exercise = Weight loss

It's not hard to follow if you really want to lose weight but I suppose its easier to blame the government in between bites of chocolate cake.

So, she wants help, but not the help the medical professionals are offering? How about taking some responsibility for her own actions then?

Same shite as there was with that fat kid, people not willing to take responsibility for their own actions.

They should follow my easy guide to weight loss:

Eat less and eat better + More exercise = Weight loss

It's not hard to follow if you really want to lose weight but I suppose its easier to blame the government in between bites of chocolate cake.

Some truth in that but I'm not sure its that simple. Would you tell an anorexic simply to eat more? I agree though that anyone who gets in that state should be willing to try anything, including being locked in a room with only water and vitamins for 2 months.

To be fair, she may have a genuine problem, but the thing that annoys me is her "I'm being left to die by the doctors" claims whilst simultaneously rejecting the help that they're trying to offer her.

Whatever action the PCT eventually take, when they take it, they should come along with some umpa lumpa's and roll her out of the house ala the Violet Beauregard exit scene in Willy Wonka.

Simple answer, If you eat loads you get fat.

No pill is going to get you thin. Join a Gym, offer to walk your neighbours pets and don't take cash with you into Woolworths.

Boils my piss when fat people try and rob the NHS of funds to help them get slim. Go on a D.I.E.T

Also, reminds me of a couple of 'larger' ladies - standing outside a Chinese Herble shop asking what they had for weight loss.

Doing this whilst scoffing a (very nice smelling) Greggs Steak bake, a bottle of full fat coke and a cream cake.

Go figure

Saw this on the news last night. It's her husband that's feeding her so someone needs to have a fucking word with him aswell. Similar to the story of the 14-stone kid last week - if nobody buys the crap food to have in the house then she simply can't eat it. She apparently hasn't left her house for 18 months so it's not likely she's going to nip out to McD's for a lard fix.

And blaming the PCT is just a complete cop-out. At some point people have to take responsibility for their own actions (including the husband) and stop trying to blame the rest of the world.

A fat bloke at work and his fat missus were at a work do I went to where there was a buffet. They limited themselves throughout the main course (and were particularly self-congratulatory with it), but they then gorged on dessert. It was cringeworthy and pretty nasty the way their eyes lit up and they giggled with each other when it was brought out.

Simple answer, If you eat loads you get fat.

No pill is going to get you thin. Join a Gym, offer to walk your neighbours pets and don't take cash with you into Woolworths.

Boils my piss when fat people try and rob the NHS of funds to help them get slim. Go on a D.I.E.T

Some people have tried dieting and exercise with only minimal improvements in their weight. It's not that simple. Bariatric surgery (getting your stomach stapled) can help though.

By the way, her BMI would be 118.7 if my calculations are correct. Ouch.

I think we've all said enough now though and it's only fair to let Radgina have her right to reply

Samuel!! :lol:

Well......I mean...talking behind her back! It's just not right is it!