Players Out Of Contract

Barney

Toon players out of contract this summer(according to .com)

Srniceck

Solano

O'Brien

Gooch

Sibierski

Bramble(who I thought had a very good game last night)

Moore

Edgar

Bernard

Gate

Cave

Who would you keep on?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that list, I'd be tempted to give Alan O'Brien another crack though. Maybe a few months on loan to see how he fares in the Championship.

Bramble probably deserves a new contract after his recent displays, but I wonder if that's a bit of an "accepting mediocrity" step?

Solano, Gooch and Edgar. I've lost confidence in Bramble ever becoming a reliable defender long term and his awful distribution in the build up are making him even more of a liability. If we are going for another commanding centre half as Roeder recently said I think we are well stocked in this department with the likes of Gooch, Taylor, Edgar and Huntingdon. Sibierski might have earned himself a new contract with displays like last night, but with players coming back from injury and the signing of a target man in the summer, he is disposabel as well.

thinking outside the box which players globally are out of contract this summer.

we could then pick and choose in our weak positions.

i agree with baggio on the players we should keep on.

Was having a look there for an accurate list of players, but can't find one. We never really use the bosman's all that well, but that's how Barca got Larsson, and eh, Real Madrid got McManaman....

Solano, Gooch and Edgar. I've lost confidence in Bramble ever becoming a reliable defender long term and his awful distribution in the build up are making him even more of a liability. If we are going for another commanding centre half as Roeder recently said I think we are well stocked in this department with the likes of Gooch, Taylor, Edgar and Huntingdon. Sibierski might have earned himself a new contract with displays like last night, but with players coming back from injury and the signing of a target man in the summer, he is disposabel as well.

I agree with our Poland-invading chum.

Ideally we would offer Bramble a 2 year contract extension and loan out one of Huntington or Edgar for a season for them to get experience.

thinking outside the box which players globally are out of contract this summer.

we could then pick and choose in our weak positions.

i agree with baggio on the players we should keep on.

Was having a look there for an accurate list of players, but can't find one. We never really use the bosman's all that well, but that's how Barca got Larsson, and eh, Real Madrid got McManaman....

I agree, but tbh equally we aren't Barcelona or Real Madrid either. (although Campbell was a stupid one not to go for without a doubt)

In an ideal world probably just Solano, Gooch and Edgar.

In a realistic world probably those that Baggio said.

But depending on money and who will and will not come, maybe even most of the above.

would take all of those.

sidwells had an outstanding season, ben haim is a good premier league standard centreback. distin is the outstanding man city defender. tuncay is a flair player with reasonable end product. none of these players are world class but they'd all do a job.

Toon players out of contract this summer(according to .com)

Srniceck

Solano

O'Brien

Gooch

Sibierski

Bramble(who I thought had a very good game last night)

Moore

Edgar

Bernard

Gate

Cave

Who would you keep on?

Gooch

Sib

Bramble - Small Contract though

Edgar

Nobby

keeping solano is an absolute must. gooch looks like he can do a job. i'm no too bothered abotu the others. bramble can go for me. maybe hand le sib another year for his efforts.

Ideally we would offer Bramble a 2 year contract extension and loan out one of Huntington or Edgar for a season for them to get experience.

I agree, this would be sensible. I could live with Bramble as a back up player and our youngsters don't get enough first team action via loan spells due to them being needed as cover for the first team.

Our best bet would be to give Bramble a rolling week to week contract, he's been a far better player since he's been playing for his future, giving him this kind of contract would keep him on his toes.

Our best bet would be to give Bramble a rolling week to week contract, he's been a far better player since he's been playing for his future, giving him this kind of contract would keep him on his toes.

:icon_lol:

Aye, I would give Le Sib a one year extension, a good squad / back up player and would be good for the youngsters.

As great as it would be to offer a player a rolling contract, there is no way that a Premier League footballer at the peak of physical fitness would accept a contract like that. Imagine he was injured for 3 months with no pay?

If we were to offer him something like that, Everton, Blackburn or Bolton would pick him up, play to his strenghts and have a good defender on their books.

As great as it would be to offer a player a rolling contract, there is no way that a Premier League footballer at the peak of physical fitness would accept a contract like that. Imagine he was injured for 3 months with no pay?

If we were to offer him something like that, Everton, Blackburn or Bolton would pick him up, play to his strenghts and have a good defender on their books.

Remind me of his strengths and why we aren't playing to them.

Bramble deserves a 3 year contract for £15000 a week as thats the bracket he falls into, no more