Players Out Of Contract

Barney

As great as it would be to offer a player a rolling contract, there is no way that a Premier League footballer at the peak of physical fitness would accept a contract like that. Imagine he was injured for 3 months with no pay?

If we were to offer him something like that, Everton, Blackburn or Bolton would pick him up, play to his strenghts and have a good defender on their books.

Remind me of his strengths and why we aren't playing to them.

Bramble deserves a 3 year contract for £15000 a week as thats the bracket he falls into, no more

I think Bramble is a strong fucker with a fair bit of pace and can tackle like Andy Griffin(tough). As is well documented, his concentration is shit, but his performances recently have been good.

Playing to his strenghts, would be a more defensive set-up, and playing him alongside a a set back 3. People used to wonder how Andy O'Brien looked decent for Ireland, but god-awful for Newcastle. It was down to this. He wasn;t asked to do much, just get rid of the fucker everytime it came near him.

By the way, I agree with your contract thoughts, medium term and I'd keep him at the same level of wage.

Edited by Barney

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How old are Gate and Cave?

I signed Kris Gate for Swansea on FM 07 and he was shit

but then would did I expect with a name like Kris? fuckin spell it right twathead

hope he's not reading this mind

dont wanna make Kris Kros :icon_lol:

Our best bet would be to give Bramble a rolling week to week contract, he's been a far better player since he's been playing for his future, giving him this kind of contract would keep him on his toes.

quoted for truth :icon_lol:

As great as it would be to offer a player a rolling contract, there is no way that a Premier League footballer at the peak of physical fitness would accept a contract like that. Imagine he was injured for 3 months with no pay?

If we were to offer him something like that, Everton, Blackburn or Bolton would pick him up, play to his strenghts and have a good defender on their books.

Bramble deserves a 3 year contract for £15000 a week as thats the bracket he falls into, no more

I think Bramble is a strong fucker with a fair bit of pace and can tackle like Andy Griffin(tough). As is well documented, his concentration is shit, but his performances recently have been good.

Playing to his strenghts, would be a more defensive set-up, and playing him alongside a a set back 3. People used to wonder how Andy O'Brien looked decent for Ireland, but god-awful for Newcastle. It was down to this. He wasn;t asked to do much, just get rid of the fucker everytime it came near him.

By the way, I agree with your contract thoughts, medium term and I'd keep him at the same level of wage.

A team containing Martins, Owen, Duff and Dyer and we build the team around Bramble. :icon_lol:

Re: Bramble, there's another reason why I wouldn't give him a new contract: Every single time he has one of his better spells, he gets injured and is out for at least two months. Seeing as he seems to have been playing well recently, it's bound to happen soon.

The cycle goes something like this:

1. Plays badly, everyone wants rid of him

2. Form picks up, NUFC manager stupidly talks about Bramble for England

3. Is injured for two months

4. Comes back and plays badly, everyone wants rid of him

5. Form picks up, NUFC manager stupidly talks about Bramble for England

6. Injured for two months

Repeat ad nauseum.

Edited by Bombadil

A team containing Martins, Owen, Duff and Dyer and we build the team around Bramble. :icon_lol:

Bramble is an average footballer. Nothing more. His performances lately have warranted a short term contract IMO. But I'd never build a team around him as you suggest. Rather, if he's selected to play, I'd aim to play to his strenghts and hide his weaknesses.

Bramble's really inconsistent which is why giving him a long-term contract is a big risk, and why saying he's been showing improvements recently is too, as we've seen it many times before. And that's a big problem. I think a lot of the time he gets criticised more harshly than the likes of Ramage because we all know he actually has the ability to put in some superb performances and has all the attributes to be a top Premiership defender.

The season must come to an end before any decision regarding his future is made. Until recently I would have thought he's had enough chances, but it would be unfair to shun him out in favour of a player like Ramage, simply on the basis he's had far more chances. Ramage is clearly not good enough and has been at fault for quite a few more goals this season than Bramble.

Neither are particularly bad footballers, but sadly aren't good enough for a club of our (supposed) aspirations, however unfortunately we'll be no doubt working on a tight budget again this summer, so can't afford hald a dozen new defenders.

Edited by TheInspiration

• 1 month later...

Players out of contract this summer.

Distin

Ben Haim

Sidwell

Tuncay

Viduka

Feel free to add anyone else you know of.

would deffos take sidwell,viduka and tuncay...we need sum 1 who is good in the air to play up front and viduka seems to the man to me...i would stick tuncay down the left because hes amazin and has bags of pace and sidwell well hes jst sidwell i would sign him any day

Can't believe theres numptys on here who would give bramble another contract. FFS he's only played like he has because he's out of contract, he'll be back to usual once he gets another contract.

Wake up people, he's thick!

2007/08:

Departure lounge

The following players see their current playing contracts at SJP expire at the end of this season:

Olivier Bernard - expected to leave

Titus Bramble - no public contract offer

Phil Cave - expected to leave

David Edgar - expected to leave

Kris Gate - expected to leave

Alan O'Brien - expected to leave

Craig Moore - expected to leave

Oguchi Onyewu - purchase not expected

Antoine Sibierski - one year deal agreed

Nolberto Solano - one year deal agreed

Pavel Srnicek - expected to leave

Six Academy/Reserve players have already been informed of their release:

Robert Cavener

Ross Cowan

Dean Critchlow

Callum Little

Lewis Marr

Glenn Reay

Assuming Sib and Sol sign but no others are retained, our first team squad before sales and acquisitions consists of:

Goalkeepers: Given, Harper, Krul, Forster

Defenders: Carr, Babayaro, Solano, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington.

Midfielders: Dyer, Butt, Parker, Milner, Duff, Emre, N'Zogbia, Pattison.

Forwards: Owen, Ameobi, Martins, Luque, Carroll, Sibierski, LuaLua, Troisi.

(positions in some cases are nominal only)

Suprised about Edgar. I personally thought he looked way more comfortable than Hunty. Probably ahead of Rambo too!

Departure lounge

The following players see their current playing contracts at SJP expire at the end of this season:

Robert Cavener

Ross Cowan

Dean Critchlow

Callum Little

Lewis Marr

Glenn Reay

Assuming Sib and Sol sign but no others are retained, our first team squad before sales and acquisitions consists of:

I WOULD KEEP :

Robert Cavener

Ross Cowan

Dean Critchlow

Callum Little

Lewis Marr

Glenn

because there my m8s!!!

Departure lounge

Robert Cavener

Ross Cowan

Dean Critchlow

Callum Little

Lewis Marr

Glenn Reay

I WOULD KEEP :

Robert Cavener

Ross Cowan

Dean Critchlow

Callum Little

Lewis Marr

Glenn

because there my m8s!!!

there your mates what?