"Newcastle no better than Utrecht"

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

http://www.telesport.nl/voetbal/1315982/__...stle.html?p=3,1

Read the comments below, apparently van Gaal turned round after the game and said we're no better than Utrecht, who they beat 4-0 on Sunday. (need Dutch speaker to confirm this but I think that's what the comments are saying below).

What a fat arrogant bastard. He wants to be thankful we put the breaks on at half or it could've been 7.

I went in to this game fearful, but there's no reason to be, we're a better side than Fenerbahce and Boro both of whom they couldn't beat at home. All they are is a small club with big mouths.

conceding that penalty means the tie is still alive but they have to come at us. if we can keep a clean sheet until ahalf time, i fancy our chances of picking them off on the break - their defence looked even worse than ours at times.

Edited by Fancy Dan lecturer

Read the comments below, apparently van Gaal turned round after the game and said we're no better than Utrecht, who they beat 4-0 on Sunday. (need Dutch speaker to confirm this but I think that's what the comments are saying below).

What a fat arrogant bastard. He wants to be thankful we put the breaks on at half or it could've been 7.

I went in to this game fearful, but there's no reason to be, we're a better side than Fenerbahce and Boro both of whom they couldn't beat at home. All they are is a small club with big mouths.

That article says he said it before the match (vooraf = before)

Van Gaal is coming directly out of the Johan Cruijff school of arrogance. I wouldn't take too much what he says seriously. Those comments are a nice motivation for Newcastle players though...

Edited by Isegrim

Van Gaal is coming directly out of the Johan Cruijff school of arrogance. I wouldn't take too much what he says seriously. Those comments are a nice motivation for Newcastle players though...

If I was Cruijff I reckon I'd be as arrogant as they come as well mind.

Even my really arrogant dutch mate thinks that Van Gaal is an arrogant prick. B)

The reader's comments below the article are pretty harsh as well... :icon_lol:

Edited by Isegrim

I absolute like his arrogance and straightforward views. But you have to be one of the world's best to get away with it.

I absolute like his arrogance and straightforward views. But you have to be one of the world's best to get away with it.

Hense why me and him can. :icon_lol:

Even my really arrogant dutch mate thinks that Van Gaal is an arrogant prick. B)

My Dutch is non-existent but i guessed this guy doesnt like him - i could be wrong though.

"Net goed voor dat arrogante zooitje uit Alkmaar. Newcastle vergelijken met Utrecht, het engelse spel declasseren door te zeggen dat het alleen maar counterspel is... Nee hoor mijnheer van Gaal, jullie zijn gisteren gewoon volledig weggetikt. En dan durven te zeggen dat ze nieteens zoveel kansen hebben gehad. Daar gaat het juist om in het voetbal Louis, de kansen die je krijgt moet je scoren! AZ, nog lang geen Topclub. Zie PSV! "

My Dutch is non-existent but i guessed this guy doesnt like him - i could be wrong though.

"Net goed voor dat arrogante zooitje uit Alkmaar. Newcastle vergelijken met Utrecht, het engelse spel declasseren door te zeggen dat het alleen maar counterspel is... Nee hoor mijnheer van Gaal, jullie zijn gisteren gewoon volledig weggetikt. En dan durven te zeggen dat ze nieteens zoveel kansen hebben gehad. Daar gaat het juist om in het voetbal Louis, de kansen die je krijgt moet je scoren! AZ, nog lang geen Topclub. Zie PSV! "

I also like this one:

"van Gaal is natuurlijk een daapie als tie Newcastle met Utrecht verglijkt,is hij nou zo dom of ben ik nou zo slim?"

"Van Gaal is of course a retard to compare Newcastle with Utrecht, is he that dumb or is it me being so smart?"

B)

I also like this one:

"van Gaal is natuurlijk een daapie als tie Newcastle met Utrecht verglijkt,is hij nou zo dom of ben ik nou zo slim?"

"Van Gaal is of course a retard to compare Newcastle with Utrecht, is he that dumb or is it me being so smart?"

B)

'daapie' B)

Yep, i can confirm this. Van Gaal said that Newcastle is not better than Utrecht.

Now he is having a bad reputation also in Newcastle. <_<

In Holland we see him as a big joke, though he is an excellent trainer.

Yep, i can confirm this. Van Gaal said that Newcastle is not better than Utrecht.

Now he is having a bad reputation also in Newcastle. <_<

In Holland we see him as a big joke, though he is an excellent trainer.

Good luck for the rest of the season by the way