The Irish

newcastlebroon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a day off for St Patrick's Day.

It's Saturday you bell-sniff.

Which is why I wrote what I wrote. I get the Monday off smegma breath.

Down-to-earth drinking types with a wicked sense of humour = :baby:

Disingenuous village idiot types who think their Oirishness gives them the right to basically be very, very dumb = should be pelted to death with potatoes

Guest stevieintoon

My dad always goes on about how badly he was treat on sites like Wimpy's in the 60's all with Irish gaffers, he really can't stand them in general, even though his mam is Irish.

I don't think they're all cunts though, in my experience, catholic or protestant, the people from the North of Ireland, Donegal, Derry, Armagh, Belfast etc...are the nicest of the micks. In fact in Belfast, despite their troubles, it's difficult for me to remember meeting nicer people.

The job I used to do involved a lot of selling to people in Ireland, in Clare, Kerry and Limerick, they're alright but so dense in my experience, while in Dublin they come across in general as people like Ewerk, snooty, condescending, snobby, superior, and never wrong. That's only what I've seen and it's clear in Dublin there is a charva element of people like Damien Duff, whom I've not come across personally. The biggest cunts of the lot are in Galway, they're chalk and cheese to some Irish people, and seem particularly insular.

For a country of under 5m people it's astonishing how completely different the people are from county to county. Irish over all aren't bad, and despite 800 years of occupation, the people on the face of it these days don't have as big a chip on their shoulder about England as Scots do.

Edited by stevieintoon

The job I used to do involved a lot of selling to people in Ireland, in Clare, Kerry and Limerick, they're alright but so dense in my experience, while in Dublin they come across in general as people like Ewerk, snooty, condescending, snobby, superior, and never wrong. That's only what I've seen and it's clear in Dublin there is a charva element of people like Damien Duff, whom I've not come across personally. The biggest cunts of the lot are in Galway, they're chalk and cheese to some Irish people, and seem particularly insular.

I agree with what you say about Dubliners but in my experience it's the same further South, most of the Southerners really hate the Northerners despite the fact that many of us think they're all desperate for a united Ireland.

And I'm not really that snooty, snobby or act superior in general, it's only with people I dislike but you have to agree that you will never admit you're wrong either.

Guest stevieintoon

I agree with what you say about Dubliners but in my experience it's the same further South, most of the Southerners really hate the Northerners despite the fact that many of us think they're all desperate for a united Ireland.

And I'm not really that snooty, snobby or act superior in general, it's only with people I dislike but you have to agree that you will never admit you're wrong either.

Yes I do. I admit Gemmill is really alright, despite my initial thoughts about him. What part of Ireland are you from ewerk?

Guest stevieintoon

To be honest ewerk in my experience many people in the South of Ireland are so pre-occupied with themselves they don't care about the North. In the past the IRA training heart-land was in the Kerry hills, little towns like Tralee, Kilarney and Ennis, people here now, don't seem to care as passionately about it as they once did re: a United Ireland. Economically it wouldn't be a good move for the Irish government to take the North on in my view - high unemployment, low output, not the best arable land etc....

Tbh our unemployment rate is fairly low these days but we have huge public sector employment here and thats obviously something the ROI would be unwilling to take on. The main economic problem we have is that the South are offering lower rates of company tax so inward investment is a big problem for us and will be for the forseeable future unless the UK government changes the rates here but that's highly unlikely.

My dad always goes on about how badly he was treat on sites like Wimpy's in the 60's all with Irish gaffers, he really can't stand them in general, even though his mam is Irish.

I don't think they're all cunts though, in my experience, catholic or protestant, the people from the North of Ireland, Donegal, Derry, Armagh, Belfast etc...are the nicest of the micks. In fact in Belfast, despite their troubles, it's difficult for me to remember meeting nicer people.

For a country of under 5m people it's astonishing how completely different the people are from county to county. Irish over all aren't bad, and despite 800 years of occupation, the people on the face of it these days don't have as big a chip on their shoulder about England as Scots do.

Christ, you don't half like generalising about people, do you? Have you got a category for every country? How do you categorize the English and Geordies?

And whilst slagging off other people you've never met, have you ever stopped to consider how you come across yourself? Just a thought. :baby:

I like the people I've met in Belfast I must admit, very friendly in genera. Can't do enough for you.

What are you asking them to do exactly?

Alex swanning around the place like they owe him a living.

The biggest cunts of the lot are in Galway, they're chalk and cheese to some Irish people, and seem particularly insular.

Irish over all aren't bad, and despite 800 years of occupation, the people on the face of it these days don't have as big a chip on their shoulder about England as Scots do.

My family originate from Galway a couple of generations back. Never been to that part of Ireland myself.

The reason why the Irish don't have as big a chip as the Scots is that unlike the Scots, they had the bollocks not just to sit about talking about independence - they actually went and did it. I don't mind whether the Scots become independent or not, but if they want it, I wish they'd act instead of mouthing off about it as they have done for years. It would be very easy for them - no hassle as there was with the Irish, it would all be very amicable and civilised.

Also, here's an interesting fact. Over half of people born on Tyneside have Irish roots somewhere in their makeup.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

I like the people I've met in Belfast I must admit, very friendly in genera. Can't do enough for you.

What are you asking them to do exactly?

Alex swanning around the place like they owe him a living.

They offer, I don't need to ask. Anyway, you know what I mean :baby:

Also, here's an interesting fact. Over half of people born on Tyneside have Irish roots somewhere in their makeup.

Is that actually true or just internet true?

Or is that just a viking link which is true for vast swathes of Europe?