The Irish

newcastlebroon

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having nothing to do with Northern Ireland simply isn't realistic though. About half the population wants to remain part of Britain. It's not something we can just wash our hands of.

Guest stevieintoon

Sorry to put a downer on an otherwise canny thread, but, just watched the movie Bloody Sunday. If that portayal is how things happened or is even close to it, i'm embarrased to be english.

If I was Irish, I would be ashamed to be Irish following the events of similar mindless indescriminate murders of children in places like Warrington.

I'll never be British, I'll always be Geordie and English.

Aye because myself and every other Irishman were responsible for that bombing. :baby:

You don't half talk some shite sometimes Stevie.

You didn't take it in the context is supposed to be taken in. We're supposed to feel ashamed by Bloody Sunday, which was probably an illigitimate act on innocent people, I don't feel ashamed I didn't do it, but on that basis if we're supposed to feel ashamed, surely Irish are supposed to feel ashamed of cowardly acts of terrorism?

Guest stevieintoon

Who the fuck said you should feel ashamed? One person said they felt ashamed, I didn't hear anyone blaming England or the English in general.

Some twat earlier in the post.

I don't think anyone should feel ashamed about anything they haven't done personally. Having said that, I would imagine that England bears some responsibility for the sectarianism we see in Northern Ireland and Scotland due to it colonial past, wouldn't you?

There was a letter in the Metro the other day where some cockney twat stated the North of England was a drain on London and the Home counties, and they'd be better if they jettisoned us. I take it you sympathise with this viewpoint too?

You seem to contradict yourself a bit mind, what with wanting to fuck Scotland off, whatever that means, yet singing the praises of Glasgow the other day. Personally I have always felt much more affinity with Edinburgh than I have with London mind, it seems to be culturally much more similar and is twice as near, and given the choice, I know where I'd rather live.

What a complete bell end you are. Praising Glasgow doesn't mean I want them to be part of my country you idiot. I praise Steven Taylor's contribution, it doesn't mean I want to shag him. The South wanting to "jettison" the North of England, is just ridiculous. Hibernia or Eire as an island was and is a seperate entity to ourselves, my belief is we should have nothing to do with it, and one the greatest mistakes we ever made, was retaining the "six counties" as part of the empire.

It's patently obvious what I mean by "fuck Scotland off", fucking Wordsworth you patronising wank, personally I can see how you are better suited by somewhere like Edinburgh as opposed to Glasgow, not as many fakes in the West ("another generalisation etc...." tosser).

Yes, I think you'd be better suited in a more conservative city like Edinburgh

Aye, whatever, well done for showing what a hostile, contrary, thick, presumptious prick you are yet again. Not surprised you were banned from N-O, I recommend you try Skunkers, you'll like it there. :baby:

Guest stevieintoon

I don't think anyone should feel ashamed about anything they haven't done personally. Having said that, I would imagine that England bears some responsibility for the sectarianism we see in Northern Ireland and Scotland due to it colonial past, wouldn't you?

There was a letter in the Metro the other day where some cockney twat stated the North of England was a drain on London and the Home counties, and they'd be better if they jettisoned us. I take it you sympathise with this viewpoint too?

You seem to contradict yourself a bit mind, what with wanting to fuck Scotland off, whatever that means, yet singing the praises of Glasgow the other day. Personally I have always felt much more affinity with Edinburgh than I have with London mind, it seems to be culturally much more similar and is twice as near, and given the choice, I know where I'd rather live.

What a complete bell end you are. Praising Glasgow doesn't mean I want them to be part of my country you idiot. I praise Steven Taylor's contribution, it doesn't mean I want to shag him. The South wanting to "jettison" the North of England, is just ridiculous. Hibernia or Eire as an island was and is a seperate entity to ourselves, my belief is we should have nothing to do with it, and one the greatest mistakes we ever made, was retaining the "six counties" as part of the empire.

It's patently obvious what I mean by "fuck Scotland off", fucking Wordsworth you patronising wank, personally I can see how you are better suited by somewhere like Edinburgh as opposed to Glasgow, not as many fakes in the West ("another generalisation etc...." tosser).

Aye, whatever, well done for showing what a hostile, contrary, thick, presumptious prick you are yet again. Not surprised you were banned from N-O, I recommend you try Skunkers, you'll like it there. :baby:

Nice well thought out retort. :lol::lol:

a) Were you being a patronising wank? Yes

:) You attempt to say I was contradicting myself, yet the only reason you can come up with is "you were praising Glasgow" :lol:

c) Do you come across as a up-his-own-arse-twat in every post? yes

d) Are you a twat? Can never tell until you meet the person, but you wouldn't get a bet on it.

e) Do I give a fuck what you think about me? No

f) Do you want to try again and explain how I contradicted myself? Doubtful seeing as though it's impossible

:lol:

Edited by stevieintoon

What's the point in a reasoned discussion with you like? You fly off the handle for no reason or provocation whatsoever when your views are challenged. You're acting like a complete cunt basically, with your abuse and presumptions about me (private school etc, conservative, fake etc).

Btw and fyi, my mum and her family are from Glasgow, I probably know and visit the place more than you, but happen to think it is a shit tip outside the centre, that's all.

:) You attempt to say I was contradicting myself, yet the only reason you can come up with is "you were praising Glasgow" :lol:

d) Are you a twat? Can never tell until you meet the person, but you wouldn't get a bet on it.

f) Do you want to try again and explain how I contradicted myself? Doubtful seeing as though it's impossible

Saying you like a place on the one hand and the next saying you wish it would fuck off isn't contradictory? Fine, you got me then, I deserve all your abuse. :D

Guest stevieintoon

What's the point in a reasoned discussion with you like? You fly off the handle for no reason or provocation whatsoever when your views are challenged. You're acting like a complete cunt basically, with your abuse and presumptions about me (private school etc, conservative, fake etc).

Btw and fyi, my mum and her family are from Glasgow, I probably know and visit the place more than you, but happen to think it is a shit tip outside the centre, that's all.

I don't mind having my views challenged, but when they a based on nonsense i.e. me saying I hope Scotland

get their full devolution so they're nothing to do with us, then you saying I contradicted this comment by earlier praising the merits of Glasgow is just nonsense. You can't even defend that. Aside from that I don't put up with patronising people in life, so I'm not going to put up with some jumped up student patronising me on a message board, that's all.

Edited by stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

Saying you like a place on the one hand and the next saying you wish it would fuck off isn't contradictory? Fine, you got me then, I deserve all your abuse. :D

I like Bangkok but I don't want it to be part of my country.

Guest stevieintoon

Stevie blatantly into the lady boys.

:baby: All I will say is don't even go there. You would never know the difference down in Phatpong, so I unlike two of my mates never bothered.

I don't mind having my views challenged, but when they a based on nonsense i.e. me saying I hope Scotland

get their full devolution so they're nothing to do with us, then you saying I contradicted this comment by earlier praising the merits of Glasgow is just nonsense. You can't even defend that. Aside from that I don't put up with patronising people in life, so I'm not going to put with some jumped up student do it on a message board, that's all.

Wow, another assumption about me. Your welcome to your opinions on my online personality, but so far you've been wrong in every factual assumption you've made about me, of which you've made many, for some reason.

You think I'm a patronising twat, fine; I think you're a complete cunt. Let's make a deal and ignore each other, OK? :lol:

Guest stevieintoon

Just for curiosity's sake: since when has Scotland been part of England?

Two different countries.

Exactly but I don't want "the Union". Pisses me off when you hear things like "Rangers flying the British flag tonight here in Spain." Flying the Scottish flag YES. I've got nothing against Scots, but many of them want full autonomy and I'm all for that. Different country, different people.

:baby: All I will say is don't even go there. You would never know the difference down in Phatpong, so I unlike two of my mates never bothered.

Sounds like a nickname for that 42 stone wifey's fanny tbh.

Guest stevieintoon

get their full devolution so they're nothing to do with us, then you saying I contradicted this comment by earlier praising the merits of Glasgow is just nonsense. You can't even defend that. Aside from that I don't put up with patronising people in life, so I'm not going to put with some jumped up student do it on a message board, that's all.

Wow, another assumption about me. Your welcome to your opinions on my online personality, but so far you've been wrong in every factual assumption you've made about me, of which you've made many, for some reason.

You think I'm a patronising twat, fine; I think you're a complete cunt. Let's make a deal and ignore each other, OK? :lol:

Absolutely, it's rare when I feel the need to do such a thing, but there's nothing I find endearing about you, and the absolute lions share majority of your posts I find mind numbingly dull and self indulgent, you feel a similar way about me, so aye lets ignore each other :lol:

Who the fuck said you should feel ashamed? One person said they felt ashamed, I didn't hear anyone blaming England or the English in general.

Before you call someone a twat, you wankstain. you should know the person. Yes if what the movie portrayed is true i am ashamed to be English by the fact that the English government didn't hold there hands up and admit they fucked up and apologised to the families of the innocent who died. The IRA pretty much admitted reponsibility for the attrocities they caused. All the IRA members responsible for the lives they claimed should be locked up forever and if they were to spontaneously combust I wouldn't piss on them to put them out. However, because the British army is a recognised armed force their fuck up wasn't an act of terrorism but an act of war!!

By the way when is the next BNP rally.

Guest stevieintoon

hehe It's one of the best places you can imagine. It's a huge market, and I mean huge where you can buy absolutely anything, and I mean anything, it comes alive at night and is heaving, there's loads of bars there, people coming up to you asking you if you want this that and the other. The night we had there I could hardly see I was that drunk, can't drink in the heat, the next day the lads told me I lost 2000 bahts playin Connect Four with some Thai prozzie.

hehe It's one of the best places you can imagine. It's a huge market, and I mean huge where you can buy absolutely anything, and I mean anything, it comes alive at night and is heaving, there's loads of bars there, people coming up to you asking you if you want this that and the other. The night we had there I could hardly see I was that drunk, can't drink in the heat, the next day the lads told me I lost 2000 bahts playin Connect Four with some Thai prozzie.

Blatant euphemism...

Guest stevieintoon

Before you call someone a twat, you wankstain. you should know the person. Yes if what the movie portrayed is true i am ashamed to be English by the fact that the English government didn't hold there hands up and admit they fucked up and apologised to the families of the innocent who died. The IRA pretty much admitted reponsibility for the attrocities they caused. All the IRA members responsible for the lives they claimed should be locked up forever and if they were to spontaneously combust I wouldn't piss on them to put them out. However, because the British army is a recognised armed force their fuck up wasn't an act of terrorism but an act of war!!

By the way when is the next BNP rally.

What you asking me for? The BNP and NF are racist tossers.