Sheff United away..

Pegasus Bridge

I'll be there. Staying over in Sheffield for the weekend too, unless they move it to a totally different weekend.

Thing is, we're down to play Arsenal on the Monday, so I reckon it might get moved to midweek the week after. Not good for me.

Aye, if we beat AZ then I think it could get moved. Initially I thought the Arsenal game might get moved as there are CL games on the Tuesday and Wednesday that week but with them being knocked out means the Monday game is fine. So they could move our game at Sheffield to a totally different date or play it on the Sunday with the Arsenal game moving from the Monday to Tuesday or Wednesday. I presume they are waiting till they know if we are in the next round of the UEFA before deciding what to do.

Edited by Greg

Guest stevieintoon

I think I'll make this my first away of the season if I can get a ticket. A word of advice for anyone who hasn't been though, don't do ANYTHING that could remotely be seen as offensive i.e don't get too pissed because from my memories of South Yorkshire police, they're the worst I've ever witnessed. In 94 the bottom tier was all standing and it was heaving. I was right in the middle at the back, and it was so packed people were in the gangway beside the back door, and the police just grabbed as many people as they could and chucked them out, they really are utter cunts, so give them no excuse what so ever, to chuck you out, or accuse you of being D+D.

Sheffield United fans really are amongst the best in the country. I think the Semi Final in 1998 at Old Trafford was one of the best atmosphere's the toon have played in front of in my lifetime, contrast the Blades' support with Spurs the year after for anyone that was at both.

I might fancy this one - I'll have to wait until the details are out though.

I went back in '94 last time we played there. Its a lot closer to Sheffield City Centre than Hillsborough. You can walk it in about 15 minutes or so.

I don't know about the pubs - I was only 15 then, and things will have changed anyway.

Their fans seemed friendly enough though.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

I might fancy this one - I'll have to wait until the details are out though.

I went back in '94 last time we played there. Its a lot closer to Sheffield City Centre than Hillsborough. You can walk it in about 15 minutes or so.

I don't know about the pubs - I was only 15 then, and things will have changed anyway.

Their fans seemed friendly enough though.

Its probably even less than 15 minutes tbh. Its only a big roundabout away from The Moor section of shops. Theres plenty of good pubs in the city centre, but whether they're away fan friendly is a different matter, no idea.

Guest stevieintoon

If you go right up and over the roundabout there's a cracking pub there, but up the hill and over the dual carriage way is the start of the City Centre, there was a cracking pub right opposite the Crucible if iirc.

Nathan Blake thought he had saved them that day, poor fuckers eh, one minute away from Premiership survival and they concede.

I live just outside Shef so I think I will go and get hammered and watch it. Never been to Bramall Lane. Sheffield is usually a good drink though so I will go to the Howard and see what happens from there.