How do you react?

Pegasus Bridge

Was just wondering how you fellas/ladies, react to certain things toon related.

When we score...? Do you go mental, clenching your fists and saying 'geddin'? Do you quietly and meekly smile, knowing the score won't last forever? Or does it depend on the game/scoreline?

When we lose...? Does it affect you for the full weekend, do you avoid the news/MOTD. Do you radge at the wife/lass/boyfriend? Or do you simply prepare for the defeat before hand, and you just shrug your shoulders?

Does the toon winning make your week, or weekend? Or can you switch off at work?

When we score...? Do you go mental, clenching your fists and saying 'geddin'? Do you quietly and meekly smile, knowing the score won't last forever? Or does it depend on the game/scoreline?

Depends on the game/atmosphere/location. When Bellamy scored against Feyenoord, I was in my aunt's house in India and screamed my head off to the point that everyone came to see if I was alright.

Most of the time, a brief shout and then settle back down.

When we lose...? Does it affect you for the full weekend, do you avoid the news/MOTD. Do you radge at the wife/lass/boyfriend? Or do you simply prepare for the defeat before hand, and you just shrug your shoulders?

Pisses me off and ruins my day if not week/weekend. My wife gets very irritated with it sometimes.

Does the toon winning make your week, or weekend? Or can you switch off at work?

Certainly helps my mood.

Being firmly in the "armchair" camp, I tend to rant and shout at the TV during matches anyway, but when we score I tend to shout and scream, I managed to wake my kids up last week watching the AZ match.

When we lose...? Does it affect you for the full weekend,

Longer than a weekend, .......... when we lose I'm always trying to find out if there's a community suicide club but it seems like there's never anybody around to give out information. <_<

If I'm at the game and its an important goal then of course jump up and celebrate like most at home games, away from home we all just got fucking crazy! Different story if we are 4-0 down and pull one back obviously.

As for how it affects my mood etc, well it really does have a pretty big impact. I was pretty down last week and well pissed off with a few things but the first half performance and the 4 goals against AZ Alkmaar but a smile on my face for the whole weekend.

Depends on many factors. For example, the most I've celebrated over the last few seasons is when Shola scored against the mackems, I was grabbed and thrown by my old man into the row in front and cut my knee open. Still got the scar. I don't know about anyone else, but I went ballistic when Shola scored at Cardiff. Might have been the drink like.

It depends on the nature of the goal, but in general I get up have a bit of a cheer and a jump and clench my fist - but I don't go overboard in the mental stakes. I do usually think in the back of my mind that it won't last though.

Again, it completely depends on the situation. It usually wrecks the weekend. I find myself avoiding any highlights and I usually can't be arsed to watch any of the other games, but it does usually pass once Monday's out the way - unless its been spectacularly bad.

It makes a good weekend, and I go into the next week with a nice feelgood factor.

Maddest celebration had to be Shearers pen against the Mackems last year! We all went fucking mental of course and I ended up a few rows away from where I had been standing and my shirt was ripped with about 5 buttons missing! Ruined!

Don't think I've ever gone more mental than when Robert Lee scored against Chelsea in the cup semi at Wembley. The whole end went beserk. A fantastic moment, if short-lived.

As I'm a "modern arsehole fan" it doesn't bother me either way if we score. Its great booing at the end of matches though...

Modern arsehole fan who doesn't even support their local team tbh.

As I'm a "modern arsehole fan" it doesn't bother me either way if we score. Its great booing at the end of matches though...

Modern arsehole fan who doesn't even support their local team tbh.

Helensburgh doesn't have a team tbh, but I do try to go and see Rhu Amateurs which is the closest village <_<

If I'm at the match and we score I go mental and the same if I'm watching it in the pub. If I'm at home though I'm much more quiet.

If we lose even if I haven't seen it or know very little about the game I usually avoid MOTD. There have been quite a few of our away goals that I haven't seen over the last couple of years because I was too pissed off to watch another defeat. I never used to be like that but I think I'm just sick of seeing shite now!

If we get beat, I'm probably not in the greatest of moods for a little while after (an hour or so) - strangely this seems to affect me more at matches I'm NOT at, rather than those that I am. Maybe being there means I'm more resigned to it or something.

By the time I've got to the bottom of the stairs from Level 7, I'm usually "over" a defeat tbh. It's frustrating, but I'm fucked if I'm gonna let it ruin my week/weekend. The working week is shit enough without letting a football result knacker your weekend.

If we lose even if I haven't seen it or know very little about the game I usually avoid MOTD. There have been quite a few of our away goals that I haven't seen over the last couple of years because I was too pissed off to watch another defeat. I never used to be like that but I think I'm just sick of seeing shite now!

Same here. I still haven't seen the goal or any of the highlights from Wigan a few weeks back. Not interested in staying up to watch "highlights" of a defeat.

Ditto. It's become an in-joke with the lot I go to the match with, when we meet in the pub straight after the game; 'Well, I can watch MOTD tonight then.'

Ditto. It's become an in-joke with the lot I go to the match with, when we meet in the pub straight after the game; 'Well, I can watch MOTD tonight then.'

Same here. Seeing the team win can lift my mood and seeing them lose can piss me off, usually for a few days or so. Tend to get more depressed when we go out of cups than when we lose in the league, although you'd think I'd be getting used to that by now.

Same here. I still haven't seen the goal or any of the highlights from Wigan a few weeks back. Not interested in staying up to watch "highlights" of a defeat.

I think I happened accross that one on the news otherwise I wouldn't have seen it. Givens fault tbh!

Guest stevieintoon

WIN drink till I have no money left

LOSE rant about Spurs on a message board.

Fixed your post. <_<

Fixed your post. B)

<_<

I didn't have anything against Tottenham till about four years ago. They knew their place, but recently they've become oh so gobby, and the media circus that has surrounded them has co-erced Euro 96 BJ's like "sima" into believing they're a big club.

WIN drink till I have no money left

LOSE rant about Spurs on a message board.

Fixed your post. <_<

Fixed your post. B)

<_<

I didn't have anything against Tottenham till about four years ago. They knew their place, but recently they've become oh so gobby, and the media circus that has surrounded them has co-erced Euro 96 BJ's like "sima" into believing they're a big club.

Spurs were one of the 'Big 5', as they were known in the late 70s and 80s.