If you had the choice

Isegrim

Hitzfeld or Wenger  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coming from a discussion with Bayernfans on a Jorman forum after Hitzfeld signed a new contract. What do you consider is the bigger achievement. What Wenger has done at Arsenal in the last ten years or what Hitzfeld achieved with Bayern and Dortmund. And if you look at both who would you rather want to manage Newcastle.

Wenger purely on the basis he's achieved success in England and he would, imo, be the safer bet. Hitzfeld has achieved more in Europe though. I'd settle for either tbh.

Wenger - The football he plays at Arsenal would be a joy to watch every week, I'd be interested to know what he's spent since he's been there, he hasn't just built a team for now but the future too.

Didn't Hitzfeld spending nearly bankrupt Dortmund?

Wenger purely on the basis he's achieved success in England and he would, imo, be the safer bet. Hitzfeld has achieved more in Europe though. I'd settle for either tbh.

Ok, that's sensible of course. It was just after one fan more or less considered Wenger to be an average manager as he "just" won 3 titles in the English league (+ various cups), but failed in Europe. I think that is a bit harsh. Hitzfeld might be the better tactician and motivator, but when it comes to Europe there isn't that much between the teams and a lot down to the better form on the day, the right tactics and luck. Even for a Jorman team I'd pick Wenger ahead of Hitzfeld as I regard Wenger as the more progressive type.

Didn't Hitzfeld spending nearly bankrupt Dortmund?

To be fair, that was rather the boards fault than Hitzfeld's. He was just spending the money given to him and I doubt he had any insight view into the balance sheets. Also a lot of mistakes who put Dortmund on the brink came in the time after Hitzfeld, where they kept on spending but without the necessary success to fund transfers, i.e. missing out the CL.

Wenger, for the reasons already listed.

wenger ofcourse, not only on his managerial abilities but the fact i find him funny in interviews and the fact that he went all season unbeatan and i dont think ottmar has done that

honestly thought it said "Hitler or Wenger"

I thought "that's a bit harsh..."

that got me thinking.. if you had to choose between psycho world leaders to be your team manager.. who'd you have?

Hitler would be ambitious, and would not be afraid of trying new things. He would be a hell of a motivator and would be able to help Bramble what with the concentration camps and all.

Stalin would ensure pay parity for everyone, demand a high work ethic, he'd be able to take us toe-to-toe with the big guns.. but his regime may falter and fail in time.

Polpott would route out any bad eggs in the dresing room (intellectuals, dissidents, people wearing glasses etc.)

Wengers youth policy is superb. He just keeps on churning out quality young players who want to play football the right way.

'Planning'

So it is.

Wengers youth policy is superb. He just keeps on churning out quality young players who want to play football the right way.

'Planning'

So it is.

tbs tbs, totmty

How hypothetical is this poll btw? <_<

Where's the compulsory Fiddy option??

Wenger for me. I read something a while ago (it might have been just before the season started) that his net transfer expenditure over the years was only £7m <_<<_<B)<_<:D:D

Arsenal are just a pass-at-the-right-time away to being the best team in the country imo - both to watch and win.

totmtyatrotdtym

Edited by snakehips

'Planning'

So it is.

tbs tbs, totmty

How hypothetical is this poll btw? <_<

Of course it is totally hypothetical, but some numpty was arguing that Wenger only did an average job at Arsenal because he spent shitloads in comparison to Hitzfeld, but only achieved few domestic trophies and none in Europe. I tried to explain him that he would be laughed of by English people with this assessment and that most fans, given the choice between Wenger and Hitzfeld, would opt for the Frenchman, because of the incredible job he did at Arsenal.

QED tbh.