AZ Alkmaar vs Newcastle

Baggio

The one postive was hearing Roeder this morning on the radio pretty much admitting our defence isn't good enough. With that in mind (and I'm not just basing this on last night) it will be a disgrace if Bramble gets a new contract.

Its a stick on he'll still be given an extension.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose I could accept a year (given Moore is away and we are already short there), but I reckon he'll go elsewhere if that's what he's offered. Anything more than a year though? Ffs, he's proven over 5 seasons now (iirc) that he simply isn't good enough. I'm not saying he was the only one to blame for last night btw but fuck me. Three different managers (whatever you think of their varying coaching talents) have tried to iron out the concentration problems and they are still there. He's a lost cause imo.

Not giving Milner a minute, nay a second, when he's been one of our more productive players this season. Clueless.

Fallen out? Supposed to be unhappy about being left out away to Wigan (iirc). Which you can understand.

Guest stevieintoon

I'm absolutely fuckin devstated. I nearly feel depressed. <_< I've always stuck up for Roeder but our mentality and approach to the game is what cost us. It's quite clear the only way to beat this team is to go after them. Fenerbahce couldn't muster one chance against us yet scored 5 times against them by attacking them, we're not Chelsea who enjoy sitting back soaking up as much pressure as possible and getting away with it, we're not good enough tactically and defensively for that.

The whole pattern of the first half was, knock the ball about in midfield, knock it back to Taylor, back to Given, bang up the field, lose possession, win it back one minute later, and repeat the earlier sequence of events, a fucking disgrace. How hard is it to keep the ball? We didn't have a serious go till we were deep in trouble, I bet there were hundreds of thousands growling at their TV's, if the players showed an ounce of the passion most of us have, we'd have went through. I know he's been out a while but fuckin Emre didn't even look arsed. The only player that deserves any credit is Nicky Butt once again.

Spot on re: the approach Stevie. What annoyed me (amongst many other things) last night was that we only really had a pop at them when we really had to, i.e. at 2-0 down.

No one to blame but Roeder for this. Team looked beaten from the moment they stepped on the pitch - rabbits in the headlights paralysed by fear as if all we were thinking about was their attack. Completely handed them the initiative. Tactics calculated to play to our weakness - when have we ever relied upon a composed defense. Once we had to attack at least we made them sweat a bit.

In a nutshell. <_<

Halfway through the first half I was saying that the best thing that could happen would be for them to get their second, to force us to play some attacking football (obviously, to my uneducated eye, their weak point). Unfortunately, their second goal came too late.

I reckon Rodders wanted to replace Duff with Zog but 'bottled' replacing 'his man' with the youngster so put Emre on instead. I would have brought Zog and Emre on and took Duff and Sibierski off.

The players played absolute shit but I think ultimate responsibility has to lie with Rodders for the so-called tactics last night.

You were right about Aveladze (sp?) too Snakey, you bastard.

I could see it coming a mile off.

However, I hope Rodders and the team have the decency to apologise to the fans who made the trip.

The 'performance' was nothing short of an embarassment to them (the excellent travelling support), NUFC and English football.

However, I hope Rodders and the team have the decency to apologise to the fans who made the trip.

The 'performance' was nothing short of an embarassment to them (the excellent travelling support), NUFC and English football.

Aye. I hope the lads who went over had a laugh in the 'Dam. Because that mut have been soul-destroying. It was bad enough seeing it on the telly.

Aye. I hope the lads who went over had a laugh in the 'Dam. Because that mut have been soul-destroying. It was bad enough seeing it on the telly.

Nothing like some Amstel, skunk spliffs, and cheap ho's to cure the pain. <_<

I've never tried the latter on my various jaunts there. Any good? <_<

Well, if one has just watched some shit, one might as well drink some shit, smoke some shit and.......I'll leave the last option for those that enjoy it (t/r's hubby) <_<

I've never tried the latter on my various jaunts there. Any good? B)

<_<

I'd be terrified tbh.

Nothing like some Amstel, skunk spliffs, and cheap ho's to cure the pain. B)

Well, if one has just watched some shit, one might as well drink some shit, smoke some shit and.......I'll leave the last option for those that enjoy it (t/r's hubby) <_<

Stab some shit? <_< I'm scared to make eye contact with ho-ers over there tbh.

Bah...

Awful all over really. I was fuming last night in the manner we went out. I actually felt sorry for Huntington, he was getting pulled all over but should not have been put in that position. Bramble showed why he doesnt have a new contract yet and as far as I am concerned he simply isnt good enough if we are serious about improving our back line. Taylor is usually alot better but was also very shakey with errors all over (not to mention a dodgy elbow). Nobby wasnt as bad at the back but made up for that with shite passing, again unusual for him.

Where was Milner?

Dyer was wasted out on the right.

Ah, bollocks it......

We didnt deserve it (the win) , and at least Van shows some passion.

And this is what Dutch newspapers say about the match from thursday.

Warning: it's not so pleasant for you guys. <_<

"In een ode aan mooi esthetisch voetbal vernederde het elftal de verpeste profs van Newcastle"

>>> With an ode to beautiful esthetic football AZ humiliates the spoiled profs of Newcastle

"Aanval won van verdediging, teamverband versloeg individualisme, stijl troefde lelijkheid af, inzet schoof desinteresse terzijde."

>>> Offence wins from defence, team building beats individualism, elegant style trashes uglyness, strong effort pushed away lack of interest

"Armoedig oogde het spel van Newcastle, de club die elk jaar weer miljoenen ponden spendeert aan spelers van overal en nergens, maar nooit een plat prijsje wint. Bovendien was de ploeg hautain en lui."

>>> The performance of Newcastle was poor, the club that invests millions and millions of pounds every year in players from everywhere and nowhere but never winning a (small) price. On top of that the team was arrogant and lazy (note: well, you can stick this up .... <_< )

"Het verschil tussen AZ en Newcastle is ook dat de Engelse ploeg geen vaste patronen kent. Het is toevalsvoetbal van over het paard getilde pseudo-vedetten, die parasiteren op hun talent."

>>> The difference between AZ and Newcastle is that the latter is lacking fixed patterns in their play. It is opportunistic football from puffed up pseudo stars, parasitizing on their talents

And than that coach of NU who is blaming the defence .... In holland we call that "ziende blind" or "there's none so blind as those who won't see"

Edited by Cheese