Will Roeder be out on his arse..

Scottish Mag

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt it, i'd expect Fat Fred to give him the chance to do exactly the same next season as he has this, though if we don't have such an insane injury crisis as this season and the likes of Owen play then by defualt we will do better next season, but nowhere near as good as we'd do with a good manager!

Next season = same as this

That is the most depressing thing, we all know what's coming. That said if Roeder is our manager for the first game, he should stay unless we really are staring down the barrel of a gun. No more giving managers a 5 game start and seeing where we are.

If we continue to play below our potential, then the decision is there to be made after the last game and not much later.

I doubt it, i'd expect Fat Fred to give him the chance to do exactly the same next season as he has this, though if we don't have such an insane injury crisis as this season and the likes of Owen play then by defualt we will do better next season, but nowhere near as good as we'd do with a good manager!

Don't get me wrong I am not saying we have not had bad luck on the injury front, but the handling of it going into the season could have been better. We all knew Owen was crocked and Shola needed surgery yet started the season with a piss poor front line and at the back whilst you cannot be sure you will def pick up injuries Carr, Bramble, Moore and Babayaro all have poor injury records yet we went into the season with those 4 and two relatively inexperienced defenders in Ramage and Taylor.

We have qualified for Europe more than most teams and we have finished in the top 10 5 times. We have always given our shit managers shed loads of cash to spend. What more can you expect? etc etc

I reckon Freddie sees this European jaunt as a totally unexpected bonus. He didn't expect it when he fired Souness, and therefore whatever happened in Europe wasn't going to have an effect on Roeder position. As for final league position, I reckon anything north of 15th will keep him well safe. Besides I doubt we can afford to pay off another manager.

Nope. We're going all guns blazing for mediocrity, and Glenn fits the bill perfectly as our manager. "Steadying the ship". Also known as "Settling for mediocrity."

He should be gone. If I was that bloke's boss watching him stand on that touchline tonight with not the first fucking clue what to do to turn things around in a match that we looked like losing from minute one, I would be fuming. Shepherd will do nothing to put things right.

Nope. We're going all guns blazing for mediocrity, and Glenn fits the bill perfectly as our manager. "Steadying the ship". Also known as "Settling for mediocrity."

He should be gone. If I was that bloke's boss watching him stand on that touchline tonight with not the first fucking clue what to do to turn things around in a match that we looked like losing from minute one, I would be fuming. Shepherd will do nothing to put things right.

Not just that Gemma....The WAY he fucking stands.... <_<

Tbh our luck in regard with injuries got balanced by our luck in a lot games where we got results we didn't "deserve" (yes, I know you stance about "deserving" results). And actually some of our better results were when the injury crisis was at its worst. In the end, we could put out a reasonable team in most games, but looked totally clueless throughout the season. I actually don't think even with the likes of Owen we would really look a different team.

Glen won't be sacked and he actually can't really be blamed. It's not his fault that he ended up in a job he isn't up to.

Don't get me wrong I am not saying we have not had bad luck on the injury front, but the handling of it going into the season could have been better. We all knew Owen was crocked and Shola needed surgery yet started the season with a piss poor front line and at the back whilst you cannot be sure you will def pick up injuries Carr, Bramble, Moore and Babayaro all have poor injury records yet we went into the season with those 4 and two relatively inexperienced defenders in Ramage and Taylor.

I agree, even with the injury crisis, the amount of points we dropped against utterly shite opposition was unacceptable. And like you say many of our problems this season were identified by everybody but the management and "coaches" we have at this club!

And Isegrim i agree that we've always looked clueless that's the problem with Roeders team, no real direction or look about them that they know what they're supposed to be doing.

I disagree abouyt the luck and deserving wins but you know that!

I do however think Owen makes a massive difference, in Souness disgrace of a time here when the team was a mess and created next to nothing either he was scoring for fun. In any team he guarentees goals and thus points and he occupies the oppositoj defence to leave space for others, so he would for me make a big difference.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Aye, stands there, looking studious, offering wise words like "Pass the ball", "Score a goal", "Don't let them score", "Glenn Roeder sits down for no man".

Aye, stands there, looking studious, offering wise words like "Pass the ball", "Score a goal", "Don't let them score", "Glenn Roeder sits down for no man".

"I model my style on Arsene Wenger". Do not make me laugh you speccy cockney bellend. <_<

I do however think Owen makes a massive difference, in Souness disgrace of a time here when the team was a mess and created next to nothing either he was scoring for fun. In any team he guarentees goals and thus points and he occupies the oppositoj defence to leave space for others, so he would for me make a big difference.

For Owen read Martins, I doubt with both on the pitch our luck would double as I am unsure about those players being able to work together. Roeder as well as Roeder had his player securing him results by goals virtually out of nothing.

For Owen read Martins, I doubt with both on the pitch our luck would double as I am unsure about those players being able to work together. Roeder as well as Roeder had his player securing him results by goals virtually out of nothing.

I don't think Owen and Martins are the same type of player so i'd be happy to see the two of them play together.

Owen is all about right place at the right time and clinical finishing in and around the box, often from little service in his time here.

Martins scores spectactular goals often pulled out of nothing but struggles more with the easier chances created for him.

And whilst Owen likes to play mostly where he is dangerous and belongs up front, Martins can easilly drop off and look for the ball.

At least when Souness was here you always felt he wasn't far from the sack and that better times wouldn't be too far away, Roeder on the other hand isn't going anywhere and I can't see our football or results getting any better.

You look at a manager like Van Gaal and you know Shepherd would never go for someone like him.

At least when Souness was here you always felt he wasn't far from the sack and that better times wouldn't be too far away, Roeder on the other hand isn't going anywhere and I can't see our football or results getting any better.

You look at a manager like Van Gaal and you know Shepherd would never go for someone like him.

Already had his fingers burnt with thorse kerazee Dutch. More likely to hire a hamster.

A manager with a ego and not a yes man? How dare you...