New shirt: Strip tease

Jimbo

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the fact that it's dominated by black.

I like the collar and the sleeves.

I even like the bloody shorts.

But the front of it looks totally photoshopped.

But the front of it looks totally photoshopped.

I must admit the fact that the two lateral white stripes finish earlier than the one in the middle makes it look a bit strange. But that's nitpicking, I think it looks ok overall.

The white down the side would have looked better upside down

untitledhz5ju2.jpg

Yep :lol:

That's two people here who can design a better kit than the muppets at adidas corporate HQ ballbag wankfest numbnuts.

As with all of them, it'll take time to grow on people - some people will love it, others will hate it. I love it and the more I see it, the more it's growing on me.

I think it's a rendition of the bukta shirt of the mid 70s (circa. 1976) when we had a black collar and a centre badge. I'd have preferred the badge on the left chest as normal but then it's only last summer that we were saying the change kit would have looked better with the badge in the centre so they can't win :lol:

With regards to the back of the shirt, I fear that was inevitable tbh. They have tried black numbers and white numbers and they didn't work. They moved onto blue which were better and then gold which didn't. The optimum colour would have been red but the club have probably gauged the popular opinion that red should go nowhere near the shirt because it's associated with Sunderland (fucking pathetic IMO). So the only other viable option to go for is what they have. Sheffield United have done it this season and I think it looks absolutely fine. Their shirts are still considered striped but with a massive patch on the back.

Either way, we've got it for 2 years - if people don't like it, don't buy it........

But they will :unsure:

Guest Patrokles

There's no stripes on the back. it's just solid black.

rearcx0.jpg

Cue the kneejerks... tradition, heritage blah blah

Great, more black.

Don't let the F.A. hear you say that.

There's no stripes on the back. it's just solid black.

rearcx0.jpg

Cue the kneejerks... tradition, heritage blah blah

Great, more black.

Don't let the F.A. hear you say that.

Lettering should have been red tbh :lol:

Anyone Pre ordered like?

I was suckered into it yeh, but then got an email a couple of days later saying that they were out of stock of 1 x Newcastle Home Shirt and to ring this number to sort it etc

I'm yet to ring that number....