New shirt: Strip tease

Jimbo

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we signing Hasselbaink then?

I think it's a good idea and will look good on the pitch with the names/numbers more clearly visible. But if you buy a replica and don't get a name and number put on it'll look a bit daft. Same thing with the one we had 6 or 7 years back with the shield on the back.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

If they used lettering with a strong contrasting colour and you wouldn't need a solid background.

I'm not going to buy it. It looks shite, i'll never wear it and I really don't want to buy anything that will line Fat Fred's pocket if I can avoid it.

Edited by Skol

I don't get this 'i'm not giving them any money' line. What does the club stand to gain if everyone does that?

I can understand not wanting to pay £40 for a shirt for financial reasons, but as some sort of protest against the club it seems a bit daft imo.

I don't get this 'i'm not giving them any money' line. What does the club stand to gain if everyone does that?

I can understand not wanting to pay £40 for a shirt for financial reasons, but as some sort of protest against the club it seems a bit daft imo.

Because the longer fans go with ploughing the money into the club, the more FS will sit back and do exactly what he's doing right now.

How can the fans show they're not happy? By booing the players, or by boycotting sales.

It's a waste of £40 anyway because I never wear the shirt. If everyone boycotted club merchandise it would have a massive effect on the club and Freddy inpaticular, especially since some of our fans seem to have a top for every day of the week.

It's not really a 'protest', i'm just a skanky student who has better things to spend his money on.

Because the longer fans go with ploughing the money into the club, the more FS will sit back and do exactly what he's doing right now.

How can the fans show they're not happy? By booing the players, or by boycotting sales.

Damn right. I've given nowt to the club except season ticket money for the last 3 seasons now. If everyone did it then the board might think twice about taking the piss.

Damn right. I've given nowt to the club except season ticket money for the last 3 seasons now. If everyone did it then the board might think twice about taking the piss.

That would need a HTT-esque campaign though. www.dontbuyanyhotdogs.com?

If they used lettering with a strong contrasting colour and you wouldn't need a solid background.

I'm sensing a rant about red numbers again :o

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone Pre ordered like?

I was suckered into it yeh, but then got an email a couple of days later saying that they were out of stock of 1 x Newcastle Home Shirt and to ring this number to sort it etc

I'm yet to ring that number....

Although I didn't ring the number to sort it out. They've kindly took the money out my account today.

You reckon they'll send the shirt? :rolleyes:

Anyone Pre ordered like?

I was suckered into it yeh, but then got an email a couple of days later saying that they were out of stock of 1 x Newcastle Home Shirt and to ring this number to sort it etc

I'm yet to ring that number....

Although I didn't ring the number to sort it out. They've kindly took the money out my account today.

You reckon they'll send the shirt? :)

Not a chance, I firmly believe they know what their doing regarding taking peoples money. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
Any news on the new away kit then?

And has anyone changed their minds about the home shirt?

I have. Kind of relieved that I won't be tempted to buy another shirt and go through the difficulty of getting it over here.

This thread was a good bump. Reading over all of the people complaining about giving money to fat fred and the club. Ah, times have changed.