Comic Relief

Bizza

To be fair, it was Lenny Henry that set the whole thing up in the first place so that's why he still fronts it. I don't buy into this 'knock charity nights' thing cos although it may not be the best television in the world, they 'celebrities' are at least doing something to make a difference rather than sitting on their fat arses raking their money in.

To be fair, it was Lenny Henry that set the whole thing up in the first place so that's why he still fronts it. I don't buy into this 'knock charity nights' thing cos although it may not be the best television in the world, they 'celebrities' are at least doing something to make a difference rather than sitting on their fat arses raking their money in.

You mean in the way that Terry Wogan makes a difference by collecting 8 grand for doing Children in Need?

You mean in the way that Terry Wogan makes a difference by collecting 8 grand for doing Children in Need?

Terry and I have fallen out since I found out about that :lol:

Don't get my wrong, its a good cause and it seems to raise a shedload of cash. The cynical side of me thinks that be BBC make a killing on this, getting upgrades done to infrastructure etc on the production costs side of it. May or may not be true,but how 30% of a text cost goes in admin fees i'll never now.

Terry and I have fallen out since I found out about that :lol:

They did slightly misrepresent it in some stroies i think.

He's paid by the BBC and not from any money that goes to charity, that's the BBC's choice to pay him. Also he's said he woud do it for free and that the money is just bunged in with other money he earns from the BBC, or something like that.

Either way he would come out of it best if he does it for free or gives the 8 grand to comic relief!

I think the original concept was a good idea - and probably the following few years.

Now, however, I think the BBC *spits* just use it as a vehicle for audience figures and cheap tv - look at all the spin-off crap that is now infesting their schedules on the premise that it is for 'Red Nose Day' and, therefore, justified.

Lenny Henry is about as funny as a dose of clap.

Its usually not a bad night of TV apart from the twats looking money or the clips showing celebrities visiting the poor African babies and looking upset knowing fine well that a couple of hours later they were probably getting pissed at the bar in their 5* Hotel, but as long as they think they're doing their bit for charidee.

Comic Relief is clearly not working. They visit a place which they visited 10 years ago and say "look, they're still in the shit".

Couple of friends of mine visited Africa to help out about 5 years ago. All of the building work which had been done by Comic Relief had been ripped down, so that materials could be used for other purposes. Yet they just carry on throwing money at it rather than looking at the bigger picture.

African woman comes on screen complaining that her children are dying because she can't afford to feed all 22 of them. Perhaps if we spent more of the money educating these people and providing condoms, the problems would slowely start to diminish?

It's a strange one really, and I've become really cold to all of these "heart-breaking" videos. "2 millions Africans die each year from Aids", yet the African population is actually on the increase? Surely that's something which needs to be addressed straight away.

Lastly, let's actually investigate these corrupt governments in Africa, some of the richest people in the world. How about sending a few hundred tanks into them, rather than Afghanistan and Iraq?

Fair play to tony blair for doing that like. You wouldnt find too many other presidents/PMs doing that for charity.

I did think that was class like :lol:

Blair was quality :lol: Thats the sort of cheap easy stunt that would get a simple person like me to vote for him if he wasn't quiting.

Isn't it a bit worrying that he was such a natural actor???? Fucking scarily so, if you ask me.

Terry and I have fallen out since I found out about that :unsure:

Went up in my estimation.

Just cos I don't like kids.