NUFC VS CHARLTON

Tom

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It has not been that bad, I've seen many more worse games this season we have been passing it well in a little diamond but not created anything. Maybe should go to a normal 442 in the second half to try and penetrate the Charlton defence.

We had the lions share of possesion in the first half hour but let Charlton take the game to us for the other 15 minutes.

At times particularly in the period we were on top we knocked the ball about well, something that was unusual to see given that as of late we have not been able to pass the ball 5 yards. However in the final third we are awful. Martins needs to look up rather than running into 3 and 4 defenders and our crossing and final ball from the likes of Milner and Duff is shocking.

Other than when we play the long ball I also still fail to see what Sib really does for the team. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for what he has done for us in some of our games but the majority of the time for me he looks nothing more than a less than average player.

We had the lions share of possesion in the first half hour but let Charlton take the game to us for the other 15 minutes.

At times particularly in the period we were on top we knocked the ball about well, something that was unusual to see given that as of late we have not been able to pass the ball 5 yards. However in the final third we are awful. Martins needs to look up rather than running into 3 and 4 defenders and our crossing and final ball from the likes of Milner and Duff is shocking.

Other than when we play the long ball I also still fail to see what Sib really does for the team. Don't get me wrong I am grateful for what he has done for us in some of our games but the majority of the time for me he looks nothing more than a less than average player.

Charlton are obviously trying to catch us on the break. They give us all the time and space in midfield to pass the ball almost like knowing that there is nothing coming out of it. Shay is doing his usual Gaelic football kicking stuff...