Gutted

newcastlebroon

Aye. Puts me off football. When it makes you feel this depressed, I think its time for a break.

Sick of thinking about NUFC, like its my sick child or something, emotionally draining.

its like when you fall out with someone, you want to speak to them, but you just can bring yourself to do it or even look at them. :lol:

If you have played the game competively as I have, and I'm sure most of you have, then you are well aware of the feelings that prevail with a win or a loss especially when a loss comes in a crucial match when there is a lot at stake. I believe the feeling of being 'gutted' at losing far exceeds the joy of winning and seems to last longer.

However, I have found it to be very true that in many facets of life things can be worse for the onlooker than it can be for the people involved. The onlooker can only stand helplessly by watching someone struggle, unable to change or help the situation, and feel 'gutted at not being able to do something, anything.

If you have played the game competively as I have, and I'm sure most of you have, then you are well aware of the feelings that prevail with a win or a loss especially when a loss comes in a crucial match when there is a lot at stake. I believe the feeling of being 'gutted' at losing far exceeds the joy of winning and seems to last longer.

However, I have found it to be very true that in many facets of life things can be worse for the onlooker than it can be for the people involved. The onlooker can only stand helplessly by watching someone struggle, unable to change or help the situation, and feel 'gutted at not being able to do something, anything.

well said

Not worth getting yourself worked up over tbh. The players clearly couldn't give a fuck that's for sure. Listening to the commentary on the radio today and after the match the co-commentator was saying "As an ex pro, I have ALWAYS maintained that professional footballers would never just go through the motions on the pitch. Well after seeing a lot of NUFC this season, I'm starting to seriously doubt whether that's actually true."

Not good enough. Clueless manager, and a bunch of pisstaking arseholes on the pitch. We are creating problems for ourselves by paying these people far too much to try and convince them that NUFC is the place for them. All it does is breed complacency - they know they're set financially, on long contracts, and can knock back offers from other clubs and still pick up enormous wages. There's no motivation there for them to perform, so they just take the piss and go through the motions. Play shit then tell Alan Oliver "Oh we're so disappointed to have let the fans down again." Aye whatever.

If I was Roeder at half time today I'd have been saying to that lot "There are people out there in that crowd that were also in Holland watching you lot on Thursday night. Are you really going to serve more shit and another defeat up for them to watch? Get out there and earn your wages." It's the sort of thing you would expect to motivate, but tbh I don't even know if it would work with our band of superstars.

Sick of the twats at the minute tbh.

I can't remember feeling this apathetic about the club. Sometimes I can feel it when there's no matches around but then on a matchday I'm always excited about the game, the team that'll play, then listening/watching to it and I'll inevitably ending up feeling some sort of strong emotion about the result.

At the final whistle today, I found myself in a position I never have before - "who cares?".

I can't remember feeling this apathetic about the club. Sometimes I can feel it when there's no matches around but then on a matchday I'm always excited about the game, the team that'll play, then listening/watching to it and I'll inevitably ending up feeling some sort of strong emotion about the result.

At the final whistle today, I found myself in a position I never have before - "who cares?".

Pretty much how I have felt about Newcastle United since Bobby's last season. It's lost its appeal and whilst there is the odd moment when they raise your spirits, I just dont really get as wound up as I used to. Mostly I just shrug nowadays. Still go to games and probably always will but not with any enthusiasm.

We really are neither one thing nor another.

Pretty much how I have felt about Newcastle United since Bobby's last season. It's lost its appeal and whilst there is the odd moment when they raise your spirits, I just dont really get as wound up as I used to. Mostly I just shrug nowadays. Still go to games and probably always will but not with any enthusiasm.

We really are neither one thing nor another.

Exactly how i feel. Can't relly be bothered to talk about them now, it's a waste of time and breath

buncha fuckin puffs the lorra yiz!!!...yir arnlie 4 points of safety FFS... :D

so yiv had a bad season "Jesus"!!! we`v had loads,and wa still in there fighting

get ta fuckin grips yi soft cunts!!!!!....... :lol:

so yiv had a bad season "Jesus"!!! we`v had loads,and wa still in there fighting

Learn to speak you fucking inbred

suck me balls dickheed!!!

suck me balls dickheed!!!

tea's ready

Its also funny to see how mackems dip off the radar until they have a reasonably good season

Strange that one comes on a mag`s board and offers encouragement when you are having a bad time

like i said,your only 4 points of safety theres next season to think about,sack Roadrat and things will turn around!

Its also funny to see how mackems dip off the radar until they have a reasonably good season

Strange that one comes on a mag`s board and offers encouragement when you are having a bad time

like i said,your only 4 points of safety theres next season to think about,sack Roadrat and things will turn around!

Did you get your boyfriend to type that for you?

gerraway man

Yes!! ...........I see you did the same!! ....... :lol:

Yes!! ...........I see you did the same!! ....... :lol:

are you two sharing boyfriends again?