The Medical Thead

Tom

I certainly can't remember jumping down from anything, or falling or anything like that. :D

Won't be broken then - it's normally seen in jumpers and the like. You've not stood on anything that you know of?

No, not that I can think of. As you say though, if it's pretty hard to break then I would have had to do some major stamping. :lol:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got one.

I've damaged my right heel last night, cannot put any weight on it whatsoever. There's no swelling or indication of bruising as yet. Could I have broken something?

[/threadjack]

Quite difficult to break the calcaneaus unless there's been a hell of an impact on it. Sounds more likely to be a soft tissue or ligament injury even if there's no swelling. Ibuprofen/elevation might do the trick to start with. How did you do it? If you're gonna say that you jumped off a wall onto your feet then ignore everything else I've said - yes it might be broken.

When we I was a kid, my Dad was cutting down a tree that was overhanging our drive. Stupidly, he decided to cut through the trunk around where it began to branch out and as it slipped, it knocked him (and the still running chainsaw) clean off the ladder.

his heel hit the concrete drive and according to the x-ray, was smashed into 16 pieces. They told him that if they opened his foot up, the pieces of bone would have just fallen out. The only way they could think of re-setting the heel was to force one of his shoes on under anaesthetic. The porter who was taking him down to theater thought he'd lost the plot :lol:

I've got one.

I've damaged my right heel last night, cannot put any weight on it whatsoever. There's no swelling or indication of bruising as yet. Could I have broken something?

[/threadjack]

Quite difficult to break the calcaneaus unless there's been a hell of an impact on it. Sounds more likely to be a soft tissue or ligament injury even if there's no swelling. Ibuprofen/elevation might do the trick to start with. How did you do it? If you're gonna say that you jumped off a wall onto your feet then ignore everything else I've said - yes it might be broken.

When we I was a kid, my Dad was cutting down a tree that was overhanging our drive. Stupidly, he decided to cut through the trunk around where it began to branch out and as it slipped, it knocked him (and the still running chainsaw) clean off the ladder.

his heel hit the concrete drive and according to the x-ray, was smashed into 16 pieces. They told him that if they opened his foot up, the pieces of bone would have just fallen out. The only way they could think of re-setting the heel was to force one of his shoes on under anaesthetic. The porter who was taking him down to theater thought he'd lost the plot :lol:

Ouch :D

Dear Cath,

I banged my knee 4 weeks ago and it still hurts when I bend it. Do I have AIDS?

SLP

Almost definitely. I would recommend immediate amputation.

Cath x

The lasty few times I've settled down to a few cans at home, I gradually develop a tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, dizzyness and what I guess are slight anxiety episodes

What's wrong wit me Nurse Cat? :D

Sounds like panic attacks, but it shouldn't really be happening when you're chilling with a couple of cans at home :lol: Any other common denominator to explain them?

The lasty few times I've settled down to a few cans at home, I gradually develop a tightness in the chest, shortness of breath, dizzyness and what I guess are slight anxiety episodes

What's wrong wit me Nurse Cat? <_<

Sounds like panic attacks, but it shouldn't really be happening when you're chilling with a couple of cans at home :lol: Any other common denominator to explain them?

It used to always happen when watching channel 5, although just recently it happened on ITV :D

What's wrong wit me Nurse Cat? <_<

It used to always happen when watching channel 5, although just recently it happened on ITV :D

Ahhh, you've been watching too much NUFC <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna happen tbh. My immune system is impervious to anything. Except hangovers - booze is my kryptonite.

Hangovers when you're in bed by 8 every night, fucking lightweight. ;)

I have never had a day off sick from work once yet may I add. :)

Not gonna happen tbh. My immune system is impervious to anything. Except hangovers - booze is my kryptonite.

Hangovers when you're in bed by 8 every night, fucking lightweight. ;)

I have never had a day off sick from work once yet may I add. :)

More fool you mate. I look at them as an extension of my annual leave. :lol: I haven't had one for at least a month and a half so I've got one coming up I think.

And you'll know all about hangovers in 5 years time. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Sickly bunch on here. I never get ill. Which makes my sickies from work all the more enjoyable. :)

What do you expect when half of them piss all over their floorboards etc ;)

True enough like. Slum-dwellers.

Not gonna happen tbh. My immune system is impervious to anything.

Well we at least know you are safe from anything sexually transmitted. Go forth and be healthy supergemmill.

Aye cos I wouldn't go anywhere near any of the riddled, tattoed, pierced skank-rats you find attractive. ;)