The Medical Thead

Tom

I've got one for you Cath. Since I can remember i've had shakey hands and I haven't thought much of it until recently when my mam and my girlfriend have both noticed and began pestering me to go to the Doctors. Think it's worth it and anyone know what it may be?

Is it a constant problem or does it just happen if you're doing something fiddly?

It's worth getting it checked out like. Most common cause is anxiety, but if you can rule that out then it's possibly something like low blood sugar. Difficult to say really.

I've had it for aslong as I remember. It's constantly there but it does get worse two or three times a day for about half an hour/an hour. It doesn't really come on when i've been doing anything paticular, it just happens.

I get that. It's something my Dad has too, only a lot worse. Doctor told me it's whats known as a Hereditary Benign Tremor, whatever that is....

Did say it's nothing to worry about. :D

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try telling that to this guy

home_484.jpg

I get the shakes now and again, not really as a result of stress or lack of sleep or owt.. it seems pretty random to me. :D

Try telling that to this guy

home_484.jpg

I get the shakes now and again, not really as a result of stress or lack of sleep or owt.. it seems pretty random to me. :D

Fuck that!!!

I can't even hold a camera still enough with one hand :(

I've got one for you Cath. Since I can remember i've had shakey hands and I haven't thought much of it until recently when my mam and my girlfriend have both noticed and began pestering me to go to the Doctors. Think it's worth it and anyone know what it may be?

Is it a constant problem or does it just happen if you're doing something fiddly?

It's worth getting it checked out like. Most common cause is anxiety, but if you can rule that out then it's possibly something like low blood sugar. Difficult to say really.

I've had it for aslong as I remember. It's constantly there but it does get worse two or three times a day for about half an hour/an hour. It doesn't really come on when i've been doing anything paticular, it just happens.

Plonky tbh

• 2 weeks later...

Went out on Fri neet with my mate on a training ride, he had a massive stack and smashed his knee on a rock. I looked at him, he was white, which is odd as he is Maltese and didnt look great. I checked his knee out and saw bone :blink: (thats not a bone SLP btw)

So I got on the old <_< and got an ambulance, after a visit to the LGI, he has shatterd his knee cap into 3 peices.

How long will he be fubard for?

Went out on Fri neet with my mate on a training ride, he had a massive stack and smashed his knee on a rock. I looked at him, he was white, which is odd as he is Maltese and didnt look great. I checked his knee out and saw bone :razz: (thats not a bone SLP btw)

So I got on the old :blink: and got an ambulance, after a visit to the LGI, he has shatterd his knee cap into 3 peices.

Until his knee heals <_<

Went out on Fri neet with my mate on a training ride, he had a massive stack and smashed his knee on a rock. I looked at him, he was white, which is odd as he is Maltese and didnt look great. I checked his knee out and saw bone :) (thats not a bone SLP btw)

So I got on the old :razz: and got an ambulance, after a visit to the LGI, he has shatterd his knee cap into 3 peices.

Until his knee heals :blink:

:razz:

Its massive atm <_<

Hes knee is quite swollen too :)

• 3 years later...

Right, time to resurrect this thread.

On Friday night I managed to fall into what can be described as a storm drain and badly cut my shin. My leg is pretty swollen and difficult to walk on, as I would expect, but tonight my the inside of my foot and big toe have turned purple. A mate told me that it's likely ligament damage causing this, is he right? I just hope it's not infected.

On Friday night I managed to fall into what can be described as a storm drain and badly cut my shin. My leg is pretty swollen and difficult to walk on, as I would expect, but tonight my the inside of my foot and big toe have turned purple. A mate told me that it's likely ligament damage causing this, is he right? I just hope it's not infected.

I use the one week rule. If things ain't better....Wait another week. :D

Where, how big and how deep is the cut exactly? Did you injure your leg besides cutting it, ie twisting your ankle, or from the impact?

When you say purple, do you mean bruised, or does it look different to a bruise?

If you touch your big toe, does it feel as warm as the other one and can you feel it the same or is it numb?

If it feels colder and/or number and doesn't look like a bruise then seek help urgently.

How tight is your grip?

Where, how big and how deep is the cut exactly? Did you injure your leg besides cutting it, ie twisting your ankle, or from the impact?

When you say purple, do you mean bruised, or does it look different to a bruise?

If you touch your big toe, does it feel as warm as the other one and can you feel it the same or is it numb?

If it feels colder and/or number and doesn't look like a bruise then seek help urgently.

The cut is half way down the centre of my shin, just looked at it and it seems to be healing okay, though still weeping. Yeah I took a heavy fall so part of my other leg is bruised and other minor scratches and cuts.

The purple patches look like bruises but aren't at all painful to touch and no, there's no difference in temperature and it's not numb.

I'm not in the UK at the moment so would like to avoid a trip to the doc and the associated insurance bollocks. I just thought it strange that the purple patches have only appeared tonight. I'll have another look at it in the morning and see whether it's gone away at all after a period of lying horizontal and keeping the weight off. The main thing I'm worried about is infection, though, as I said, the cut appears to be healing fine.

Right, when I walk up stairs my left knee clicks. Been doing it a week. doesnt hurt or owt its just kinda irritating. Am I just getting old? :D

Right, when I walk up stairs my left knee clicks. Been doing it a week. doesnt hurt or owt its just kinda irritating. Am I just getting old? :D

yes

Thought so. Bollocks.

Where are you ewerk? maybe it's Dengue Fever?

Barbados, yes there have been outbreaks of Dengue Fever here. You can fuck right off with that though. :razz:

Further answers from trained medical staff only please. :D

yes

Thought so. Bollocks.

Omega oils.

The cut is half way down the centre of my shin, just looked at it and it seems to be healing okay, though still weeping. Yeah I took a heavy fall so part of my other leg is bruised and other minor scratches and cuts.

The purple patches look like bruises but aren't at all painful to touch and no, there's no difference in temperature and it's not numb.

I'm not in the UK at the moment so would like to avoid a trip to the doc and the associated insurance bollocks. I just thought it strange that the purple patches have only appeared tonight. I'll have another look at it in the morning and see whether it's gone away at all after a period of lying horizontal and keeping the weight off. The main thing I'm worried about is infection, though, as I said, the cut appears to be healing fine.

My foot looks like this woman's

so I guess it's probably ligament damage. I'm being forced to go to the medical centre later anyway. :D