10 points from safety, is it enough?

Scottish Mag

Whilst you would think there is next to no chance of us being drawn into a relegation battle with Charlton now on 27 and us sitting on 37, do you think there is still a possibilty of us getting "sucked in".

Man City at home next, surely a must win game, but one in which we will be going into with very little confidence. Then a trip to Sheff United who will be up for the battle to ensure their safety, will we though with the bottlers we have within our squad. Next up Arsenal, sad to say but already I would expect nothing from that game.

What do you think are safe or is their still a long way to go?

The way these gutless, spineless twats seem to care about our club, looking at the rest of the fixtures Citeh home and Watford away are probably the only ones I feel we MAY get something from. Although Watford will be wanting to go out in style so I have argued myself out of that one!!

Thank god there is a fortnight before having to drag myself up to SJP.

Oh for the days of Bobby Shinton when we knew we were crap but weren't paying shed loads of dosh to watch it!!

Whilst you would think there is next to no chance of us being drawn into a relegation battle with Charlton now on 27 and us sitting on 37, do you think there is still a possibilty of us getting "sucked in".

Man City at home next, surely a must win game, but one in which we will be going into with very little confidence. Then a trip to Sheff United who will be up for the battle to ensure their safety, will we though with the bottlers we have within our squad. Next up Arsenal, sad to say but already I would expect nothing from that game.

What do you think are safe or is their still a long way to go?

Let's hope not so we have some wierd twisted excitement till the end of the season.

The scary thing is it seems that there are elements at the club that seem to think the season is over, trust me, those teams below us don't believe their season's are over and have it all to play for, and that just might be our undoing.

Not worried about being relegated, but only 6 points off 17th is concerning. If we drop that low will Shepherd be happy to leave Roeder in charge next season?

Ask the fans of Leeds, Swindon, Stoke, Wycombe and Bristol Rovers if they'd want to swap places with us and be 6 points off 17th!

I'd like to say I can't see us getting relegated, I really can't believe that we could be but... what if? I think our biggest problems lie at board level, admitedly I don't think Rodent's good enough for us but it's the attempts at us to be sold off, the general upheaval at the club and the in-house bickerings amongst the board which are going to ruin us if anything. That itself scares me shitless, that's what's holding us down, until things are sorted out from the top we're shagged :lol:

I'd like to say I can't see us getting relegated, I really can't believe that we could be but... what if? I think our biggest problems lie at board level, admitedly I don't think Rodent's good enough for us but it's the attempts at us to be sold off, the general upheaval at the club and the in-house bickerings amongst the board which are going to ruin us if anything. That itself scares me shitless, that's what's holding us down, until things are sorted out from the top we're shagged :lol:

Aye

If we go down IMO we we will do a Leeds UTD. A lot of money has been spent a damn lot and I dont think we could survive tbh if we went down!

No concerns whatsoever about relegation this season. Next season we could well be in the mix though.

I like to think the same but right now without a bit of luck I am once again left thinking where is the next points coming from and I am far from confident going into any of our matches.

I know luck and holding onto results when its going against you is part of the game and its all swings and roundabouts as to being lucky some matches and unlucky in others but when did we last have a right good result where we looked comfortable?

With the exception of Spurs at home I do not know where we have played that well or looked like we were getting 3 points in any of our matches in the last few months. Man Utd, Liverpool, Villa, and Spurs at White Hart Lane could all easily have went against us and the Watford and West Ham games were woeful.

Saying all this we will probably beat Man City in our next match, but if we don't we better start looking over our shoulders as this squad has no bottle whatsoever and lets not even get started on Roeder..

We're safe I reckon - 37 points already. The following stats from .com make very worrying reading though: -

This was our 10th away defeat in the Premiership - our worst ever number of losses is 11 (last season).

So far we have only collected 11 points on our travels - our worst ever haul was 15 points in 1997/98.

Our lowest goals scored on the road was 13 in 1997/98. This season we're still two short of that total.

Before the season ends we face trips to Sheffield United, Pompey, Reading & Watford.

IMO Fulham are better than us :unsure:

Did the double over us handy enough didn't they. Putting a fair few goals past us. We're around the level of them and Villa and Boro. Villa conceded a couple of early goals at SJP and then battered us looking for the points, which we were lucky to come away with.

Think of our good performances this season, away to Arsenal(held on and showed good spirit, despite being hammered at for an hour), home to ManYoo(similar to Arsenal), away to Spurs(see last 2), home to Pompey and home to Spurs.

Think of some of our worst : home and away to Charlton, home to West Ham, away to Wigan, both Fulham games etc etc etc.

We've not performed well this season at all. I don't see us getting sucked into relegation as we have those few points cushion, but unless Roeder learns how the transfer window works, and gets his act together, we could be in serious trouble next season.

Edited by Barney

We NEVER look convinving even when we win. Sometimes we get away with it, sometimes we don't.

Pompey at home, West Ham away and the odd European game. That's about it this season I think.

The Man City result will decide it, a win and we will more or less def be safe however if we get beat it we will have to go to Sheff Utd on a run of 4 games without a win in the league, and knowing Arsenal are up next, and I am sure a few arses will start twitching..

We NEVER look convinving even when we win. Sometimes we get away with it, sometimes we don't.

Pompey at home, West Ham away and the odd European game. That's about it this season I think.

We got praise for our aesthetic playing style by the London based media though. So I was told.

West Brom were relegated in 2005 with 43 points highest tally to go down on so i would say yes we ARE still in danger of going down and unless the players realise sharpish get off thier arses and do something about it theres a good chance it will happen

WE CANNOT AND MUST NOT RELY ON THE PERFORMANCE OF TEAMS BELOW US