The Parker Dilemma

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

In my opinion Newcastle's demise started at Leeds in 2003. We signed Lee Bowyer and that first game at Leeds I knew we had a problem. Having bought Bowyer, Robson felt he HAD to play him. He had a settled centre midfield partnership, so the only option was ridiculously playing Bowyer wide right with Nobby on the bench. Robson and Solano's relationship was already strained due to Peru saga, but this made matters even worse, and playing Bowyer out of position was the beginning of the end, of a decent Newcastle United.

Four years on and Roeder is faced with a similar problem. He's made Parker captain, and he doesn't have the balls to drop him. It's a disgrace really. Nicky Butt has done better than Parker in my view this season, so why was he dropped today? The biggest disgrace was at AZ. He is accomodating Parker to the detriment of the team. He will never have Dyer on the bench in big games, so he pushes Dyer out of position, to the right wing, where James Milner has been great. The ideal midfield is Dyer and Butt in the centre in my view, but he's so worried about upsetting Parker, he ends up playing a weakened team. Show some balls fuckin pigeon heed.

Edited by stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

Sell him.

Honestly I would for £5m. Man Utd and Arsenal wouldn't be as good on the counter attack with him in the team because he slows the game down. Im fucking sick of the pirouettes in midfield slowing every single break down.

Sell him.

Honestly I would for £5m. Man Utd and Arsenal wouldn't be as good on the counter attack with him in the team because he slows the game down. Im fucking sick of the pirouettes in midfield slowing every single break down.

Agree Stevie. Spot on observations.

Good to see we have a new scapegoat.

He is just not good enough at what he does, he is an average passer, can't read the game very well. Only thing he can do is slide tackle and blocks. We play much better football and get better results when he is not in the side, that is a fact.

Good to see we have a new scapegoat.

There are people who having been slagging Parker off for a long time and I used to defend hum but recently I've seen where they're coming from and it's true that he offers very little going forward and apart from his lunging tackles (usually after losing possession) he contributes very little. The first rule in appointing a captain is that it must be a player who is one of the first names on the team sheet every week and I no longer think Parker should command that sort of respect.

Parker has been terrible all season apart from a few games where everyone was shite and he stood out cos of a few big tackles.

He is even worse I think in Europe where the game passes him by completely, Butt with his international and European experience with Man U is the much better option, and I agree that Butt and Dyer should be the starting pairing in the middle but as Parker is captain this will never happen.

I reckon, seriously that Parker would make a good right back, strong in the tackle, can get up and down. Much better than Carr, but then again not a patch on Solano in that position.

Ship him out at the end of the season to Villa or somewhere like that.

Id keep him in the squad for the sake of depth. But he shouldnt be captain. As said, captain should be the first name on the sheet. Id also go with Dyer & Butt in the centre.

Id keep him in the squad for the sake of depth. But he shouldnt be captain. As said, captain should be the first name on the sheet. Id also go with Dyer & Butt in the centre.

I would not P*** on Dyer if he was on fire :lol:

He runs if he is playing with a balloon, he could not trap a dead pigeon. He has no heart, he just runs towards the ball, turns and repeats.

He is a disgrace :D

As I've said many times before, we play our best football when Parker is out.

If we did get offered £10 million for him from West Ham in January then Roeder is an idiot for not selling.

As I've said many times before, we play our best football when Parker is out.

If we did get offered £10 million for him from West Ham in January then Roeder is an idiot for not selling.

We'd never get £10m for Parker. Anyway, if Rodders is still manager in the summer he would never sell Parker as it would be tantamount to admitting he was wrong about appointing him captain, and Rodders hasn't got the balls to do that.

And I reckon Butt will be off to sunlun, Emre will be off to Jormany so Rodders will not want to buy a whole new midfield in the close season.

plus points

good engine

tackles well.

negatives

distribution poor

technique average

short range passing ok

long range passing average

positional sense average

not vocal

movement average.

with this in mind i'd sell him, or use him as cover for nicky butt. butts got better basic technique and short range passing skills. he also keeps the ball better and playmakes better from deep (though by defenition he is not a playmaker).

Edited by canofbeans

plus points

good engine

tackles well.

negatives

distribution poor

technique average

short range passing ok

positional sense average

not vocal

movement average.

with this in mind i'd sell him, or use him as cover for nicky butt. butts got better basic technique and short range passing skills. he also keeps the ball better and playmakes better from deep (though by defenition he is not a playmaker).

In the same way that Andy Griffin used to tackle well. The problem with this style is that you are constantly giving the referee an excuse to give a foul, if you mistime it or not, especially in European games. True it looks good, and to be honest it's how I go about playing football, but it's surely better to stay on your feet and close the man then block tackle.

I don't understand the negativity. I think he's far superior to Nicky "The Crab" Butt. Maybe I'm just seeing things.

Butt's good at what he does. Parker isn't.

Edited by Skol

plus points

good engine

tackles well.

negatives

distribution poor

technique average

short range passing ok

positional sense average

not vocal

movement average.

HERE MATE THIS POST IS SHITE, JUST LIKE PARKER A PLAYER WOTH ZILCH FOR TECHNIQUE

plus points

good engine

tackles well.

negatives

distribution poor

technique average

short range passing ok

positional sense average

not vocal

movement average.

HERE MATE THIS POST IS SHITE, JUST LIKE PARKER A PLAYER WOTH ZILCH FOR TECHNIQUE

Eh? :unsure: