Other teams

Toonraider

I was wondering if any of you supported another team aswell as NUFC? or maybe you just follow the results of another team?

Mine is Torquay United, the Mighty Gulls!! :razz:

Newcastle first and foremost, but always had a soft spot for Carlisle United, got a link there going back years.

Soft spots for West Brom and Hearts, because I know some of their supporters and they're top lads and lasses.

And Barcelona, love the Catalan ethic that embraces the club, fantastic club and city.

The Mighty Mighty Thunder

THN-08.gif

Or not so mighty as the case may be this year. After losing 2/3 of our defense from last year's side, we've not won a league game since June 18th. :razz:

Edited by Zathras

Well after experiencing the high life with Torquay in league one, i have come back down to earth anticipating this coming season in league two :blush: And it doesnt help knowing we've lost our main play maker and best player in Alex Russell :angry:

But we still have Leroy as the gaffer, and we have great faith in him, it was a miracle we got promoted, and nothing can take away the memories of that season and promoting last day at southend! It was just the best day ever!!! :razz:

Always follow the fortunes of Mark McGhee's management career in the hope that one day he'll manage NUFC, so tend to look out for Brighton's results these days.

Very very slight soft spot for West Ham United too, if I were a Lahndana I would be a Hammer.

Always follow the fortunes of Mark McGhee's management career in the hope that one day he'll manage NUFC, so tend to look out for Brighton's results these days.

Very very slight soft spot for West Ham United too, if I were a Lahndana I would be a Hammer.

2163[/snapback]

That could be a whole new thread :razz:

I think i'd be a chelski or a Wimbledon AFC fan.

Have a very soft spot for Ipswich town too, good club and supporters.

2163[/snapback]

2172[/snapback]

I've always been fascinated by the goalmouths at Portman Road, and I like the camera angle they have fir the TV footage. If I were to score at any ground other than SJP it would be Portman Rd - the goals are so deep!

2163[/snapback]

2172[/snapback]

I've always been fascinated by the goalmouths at Portman Road, and I like the camera angle they have fir the TV footage. If I were to score at any ground other than SJP it would be Portman Rd - the goals are so deep!

2180[/snapback]

Yes, it is a great camera angle, i know what you mean. im hopefully meeting some friends there for the first game at PR against Cardiff, so really looking forward to seeing PR.

I keep an eye on Darlington, but only a check every now and then.

Rangers are me Scottish team, although I have grown disillussioned from them. Too many bigots, on both sides of the Old Firm.

Aberdeen. ABERDEEN!

Our season starts on Saturday away to Dundee United, and after we spent a WHOPPING half a million in the transfer market I'm feeling fairly optimistic about the new season. Come on you Reds!!!!

Newcastle first and foremost, but always had a soft spot for Carlisle United, got a link there going back years.

Soft spots for West Brom and Hearts, because I know some of their supporters and they're top lads and lasses.

And Barcelona, love the Catalan ethic that embraces the club, fantastic club and city.

2149[/snapback]

Shame about what happened to Cambridge...

My "other" team is Hessen Kassel in Germany.

Telford United.

Always stay in the new hotel the've built as part of the West stand whenever Im down there. Its a bit weird sharing the gym with their players but sitting having breakfast overlooking a pitch is way better than the normal view you get in a hotel.

The Mighty Mighty Thunder

THN-08.gif

Or not so mighty as the case may be this year.  After losing 2/3 of our defense from last year's side, we've not won a league game since June 18th. :angry:

2153[/snapback]

Sponsored by Target? Class. :razz:

Loads of other results I watch out for. Big soft spot for Sheff Wed since they got crap as one of my best mates supports them. Had a fantastic piss up watching the playoff final.

Look out for England, Celtic (mam's team), Barca (first other ground I ever went to aged 6), Blackpool (my dad used to take me to watch them when we were on holiday there :razz: ) all the local teams (including Carlisle and Berwick) and try to catch at least a couple of games a season at either Whitley Bay, North Shields, or the mighty West Allotment Celtic.

Yes I support NUFC, but being a football fan it's nice to go and watch games at grass roots where you don't really give that much of a shit.

Juve, Barca, Plymouth (Grandad's old team), Berwick, Heaton Stannington. I also follow Ashington Cricket Club.

Edited by alex