Other teams

Toonraider

Elgin City.. I blame Ollie.. is he even on here yet?

I always watch out for Forest's results as well as my stepsister supports them so I enjoy it if they lose. :razz:

Newcastle first and foremost, but always had a soft spot for Carlisle United, got a link there going back years.

Soft spots for West Brom and Hearts, because I know some of their supporters and they're top lads and lasses.

And Barcelona, love the Catalan ethic that embraces the club, fantastic club and city.

2149[/snapback]

Shame about what happened to Cambridge...

My "other" team is Hessen Kassel in Germany.

2297[/snapback]

It certainly was a shame about what happened/is happening to the U's, because they're far from out of the woods yet.

But really the people in charge have handled the situation so badly going back years, it was always likely to end in tears. The city is really apathetic as well, no one seems fussed about the club being in trouble, did feel sorry for the loyal supporters they've got.

Worst part of it is for me is that because the club and the first team were so badly run, a big casualty was the youth section, which had a cracking record producing players, and did loads of good community work was part of the cutbacks.

Staff got the sack, including the head of youth development, who was a top bloke. He got quickly snapped up by Barnet though, so watch their performance at junior level shoot up in the next couple of years.

As for the U's, hope they like non league football, because I can't see them getting back into the league proper anytime soon.

• 1 month later...

Mainz finally got their first points of the season tonight, a win in the local derby no less. ;)

1 B. München 6 +12 18

2 Hamburg 6 +8 14

3 Bremen 6 +9 13

4 Hertha BSC 6 +3 11

5 Leverkusen 6 +2 10

6 Schalke 6 +2 10

7 Wolfsburg 6 +0 9

7 Köln 6 +0 9

9 Dortmund 6 +1 8

10 M'gladbach 6 -2 8

11 K'lautern 6 -4 7

12 Stuttgart 6 -1 6

12 Hannover 6 -1 6

14 Bielefeld 6 -5 5

15 Frankfurt 6 -7 4

16 Nürnberg 6 -5 3

17 Mainz 6 -6 3

18 Duisburg 6 -6 2

Still not looking great like... :lol:

The (poorly named) Melbourne Victory in the new A-League. The old league was disbanded and a new one set up in it's place. Most of the teams have been set up from scratch.

00000089photo0ms.jpg

Here is the Victory's captain, the biggest cunt in football Kevin Muscat.

Three draws and a loss have them second last. :lol:

Couldn't possibly support another football team but I do look out for the scores of the lower league north-eastern teams. Other than that I'm big on the St.Louis Rams, Ferrari F1, Cleveland Indians, Bradford Bulls, Newcastle Falcons and Durham CCC (in desending order of importance).

Couldn't possibly support another football team

I can't really either, Newcastle are my one and only team. However, I really want to see football take off here so I'm getting behind my home town club. In the past Melbourne teams have had heavy ethnic biases in terms of the players they signed and the supporters behind them. South Melbourne were previously known as South Melbourne Hellas so obviously they were heavily Greek. If you weren't Greek and at their games you stood out, I even had a group of Greek wankers tell me I didn't belong when watching games. When I would go and see the Melbourne Knights (formerly Melbourne Croatia) I'd get the same shit from the Croatians.

Having a new Melbourne club that has none of the ethnic background and is there for everyone in Victorian to get behind, not just a small number. I'm really excited about the new A-League and will get behind it as much as I can. I've bought both their home and away strip and bought both a scarf and beanie just to give the club whatever support I can, I'm not going to get a chance to go to a game because they didn't play at home while I was in Melbourne.