Boumsong is back

Matty

Written all over him.

Good physical attributes, but is shit with the ball at his feet and thinks he can dilly-fuckin-dally all day!

Edited by Matty

Written all over him.

Good physical attributes, but is shit with the ball at his feet and thinks he can dilly-fuckin-dally all day!

Have to say I concurr. Gooch isn't good enough lucky we haven't actually purchased him. Yet.

Written all over him.

Have to say I concurr. Gooch isn't good enough lucky we haven't actually purchased him. Yet.

Man United supporters were saying that about Vidic and Evra last season...

Written all over him.

I assume thats based on the time Bent took the ball off him, or are you saying he played like that the whole match?

Just me like, but I think Gooch has done well, bar today, given the circumstances.

Which successful centre half pairing changes every fucking week?

Gooch has been in and out of the team, due to the UEFA cup clause.

Gooch, since he has arrived, has been playing in a disjointed team, playing with a different central partner, well, basically, a different fucking back four every game.

Some factors you have to consider, really.

Written all over him.

Man United supporters were saying that about Vidic and Evra last season...

Yes but I would have told them they were wrong. Vidic needed a little time to adapt, Evra although not much of a tackler is a great running full back. Gooch is alright but not 'the' solution for us.

Just me like, but I think Gooch has done well, bar today, given the circumstances.

Gooch, since he has arrived, has been playing in a disjointed team, playing with a different central partner, well, basically, a different fucking back four every game.

Agreed, he has only played 5 games in the Premiership and one of them was an outstanding performance against Liverpool. He made two mistakes today which were both dwelling on the ball for too long and giving it away, as I said he has only played 5 games in this league and it will take him time to adapt to the faster pace of the Premiership compared to the Belgian League. It is way too early to right him off and as long as he does not cost more than a couple of million I would certainly sign him, with Bramble and Moore all but gone in the summer we should be looking to keep him and bring in a very good centre half and a few full backs.

Agreed, he has only played 5 games in the Premiership and one of them was an outstanding performance against Liverpool. He made two mistakes today which were both dwelling on the ball for too long and giving it away, as I said he has only played 5 games in this league and it will take him time to adapt to the faster pace of the Premiership compared to the Belgian League. It is way too early to right him off and as long as he does not cost more than a couple of million I would certainly sign him, with Bramble and Moore all but gone in the summer we should be looking to keep him and bring in a very good centre half and a few full backs.

And tbf coming from a European league, especially the Belgian league, thats the first mistake you'd expect him to make, there are very few players can come into the PL and adapt immediately to the pace so I'd give him at least to the end of the season before passing judgement.

Aye he needs more time and Id point to Martins as an example. Next season, hopefully alongside a new centre half and we'll see how he gets on.

Written all over him.

Nowt like Boumsong then.

Written all over him.

Nowt like Boumsong then.

Daunting size to any forward, quick over the ground, that sort of thing.

Having now seen the highlights, it was a glaring mistake. But I do have to wonder why no one gave him a shout that Bent was on his back? It seems to have completely surprised him--another example of the poor communication we have at the back.

I'm hopeful that he will get better as he adjusts to the Premier League, but I do worry. If he doesn't, I wouldn't like to see his move made permanent. I don't think that would benefit club or player.

Written all over him.

Nowt like Boumsong then.

I'll give you quick.

Guest Patrokles

Written all over him.

Nowt like Boumsong then.

Cheltenham?