Hibernian

Guest stevieintoon

Guest stevieintoon

Well done to Hibs today, long time without a trophy and they won the League Cup today against Kilmarnock beating them 5-1. I've always though John Collins would make a good manager, he claims 99% of his tactical and coaching approach is derived from the 3 years he spent with Monaco and Jean Tigana. We should seriously monitor his progress.

Alot of credit has to go to Tony "Mogga" Mowbray though who done an amazing job before him..

And praise to Wee Tommy Craig who I would rather was in our dugout than Terry Mac or Lee Clark.

Edited by Scottish Mag

him and mcstay were the outstanding scottish midfielders of their generation. bright coach, doesn't tolerate shit either from what i gather.

McStay an outstanding midfielder... :lol:

Agreed. Collins wasn't bad but McStay was average at best and nowhere near as good as Gary Mac

Guest stevieintoon

him and mcstay were the outstanding scottish midfielders of their generation. bright coach, doesn't tolerate shit either from what i gather.

Agreed. Collins wasn't bad but McStay was average at best and nowhere near as good as Gary Mac

Best 5 Scottish midfielders since 1980

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

5 Paul Lambert - for his achievements

Collins is a toon fan as well you know.

Guest stevieintoon

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

I think you could put a case for another two or three Scots midfielders not on the list being better than McStay. Ian Durrant for one.

Guest stevieintoon

Stevie debating with himself. :lol:

Stevie: 'Best midfielders..'

Stevie: 'I think you could put..'

Stevie: 'Aye mate, but..'

HEHE at least I do it under the same ID, I know of at least two people, who hold debates with each other, but they actually own both ID's.

At the end of the day, isn't this a bit more to do with the feelgood factor? He's only been in the job for a few months. Incidentaly, look at who they had to beat to win the cup:

Kilmarnock

St Johnson

Hearts

Gretna

Peterhead

only Hearts are a credible opponent, and they are in total meltdown

I'm more interested to know why Tigana was such a failure at Fulham

sorry what was i thinking, your right, mcstay was not particularly great, and mcallister was really good, durrant was a great player before his injuries. lambert was a good player as well, very under rated.

apologies for backtracking.

McStay an outstanding midfielder... <_<

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

Ian Durrant pre-injury would certainly have been in the top 5, and perhaps as a dark horse John Wark, there can't be too many midfield players in that era who had a better goalscoring record at the highest level.

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

Steve Nicol was as good as the last two if he played in midfield and Ray Houghton was better than the last two too!

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

Steve Nicol was as good as the last two if he played in midfield and Ray Houghton was better than the last two too!

Houghton is Irish though...

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

In the same way Tony Cascarino is

Guest stevieintoon

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

Ian Durrant pre-injury would certainly have been in the top 5, and perhaps as a dark horse John Wark, there can't be too many midfield players in that era who had a better goalscoring record at the highest level.

Durrant was a good player, but he didn't do himself justice in the few games he had in England. The Sheep as they called are cunts, that song they sing about him "Who's that lyin at Pitoddrie, who's that lyin on the floor, it looks like Ian Durrant cos Simmy's gone and fucked his knee and he won't be playin for Rangers anymore." Cunts. That was Neil Simpson, who we signed but he only played a few times for us.

John Wark would've been considered for my top five if it wasn't for his ridiculous tash.

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

In the same way Tony Cascarino is

Houghton's Glaswegian isn't he? Played for Ireland, obviously. Cracking player like. More Irish than Cascarino though. So am I tbh.

1 Graeme Souness

2 Gary McCallister

3 Gordon Strachan

4 John Collins

Durrant was a good player, but he didn't do himself justice in the few games he had in England. The Sheep as they called are cunts, that song they sing about him "Who's that lyin at Pitoddrie, who's that lyin on the floor, it looks like Ian Durrant cos Simmy's gone and fucked his knee and he won't be playin for Rangers anymore." Cunts. That was Neil Simpson, who we signed but he only played a few times for us.

John Wark would've been considered for my top five if it wasn't for his ridiculous tash.

Ian Durrant went to Everton on loan after his injury, so perhaps that's why he didn't do himself justice, and he was better than good, Souness himself said that he was the finest midfield player of that type he'd seen at that age, and he wasn't that bad a player too, I was at Durrant's debut against Morton in 1985 and you could see even then he was something special, as for the Aberdeen fans, well what can you say apart from that it's a disgusting song that shouldn't be aired anywhere, a bit the same as the Munich air crash song.