LeazesMag is a...

Baggio

Closet Souness supporter! :lol:

"The vast majority of Rangers fans that I met, at the time, during the 80's, were in awe of Souness. The insisted that he was "the greatest manager going" or he "had turned the club around" all the usual comments.....

At the time Liverpool appointed him to ressurect their former glories...and a fair few scousers thought he would do it on the basis of winning a 2 man league in Jockland.....and a fair few Rangers fans did too as well.

Further down the line...who was at the Newcastle v Liverpool game, the 3-0 one which was the subject of the "bribes" allegation....who remembers the Leazes End singing "Souness for sunderland". I do.

At the time, I was completely convinced that Souness v Keegan was absolutely no contest. We had the best manager by far, the one who was going to take us places, and the scousers had boobed and been totally deceived by his record and achievements in a league of no competition.

Over the years, circumstances have proved differently. While personally I think Keegan has never been the same since he left us, and if he had stayed the sky would have been the limit, Souness has gained experience, adapted his approach to players ie management style and became IMO a top boss.

How good we will see. As I posted last week, his treatment of Craig Bellamy is a test. Does he wash his hands of him as people like Wilkinson and Trevor [blow your nose] Francis did of Cantona, or will he focus him and manage him like Ferguson. It's up to him, just as much as it's up tp Bellamy. Both of them want to be the best, so they both now have the opportunity and the platform and it's the crossroads for both of them, as they say."

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=1228

:D

Edited by Baggio

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance of finding a post by him praising the signing of Luque.

A tri-fecta would be fucking awesome tbh

No chance of that mate.

Luque was seen as a replacement for Bellamy so there was no way he would get Leazes backing. :lol:

Closet Souness supporter! :lol:

Over the years, circumstances have proved differently. While personally I think Keegan has never been the same since he left us, and if he had stayed the sky would have been the limit, Souness has gained experience, adapted his approach to players ie management style and became IMO a top boss. i]

http://z7.invisionfree.com/toonchat/index.php?showtopic=1228

<_<

:D

Surely this is a mistake? Or, is this an actual 'link'? Y'know, when people on these boards ask for links to back-up claims made?

"...top boss"

I would like to predict that that post will either magically disappear or magically change. Magic is a bitch.

Well as of this moment it hasn't been.... :D

It should say underneath if it does get edited.... :lol:

LIKE THIS <_<

Edited by Asprilla's foreskin

And theres more.....

Leazes agreeing with Gemmil sensation here

QUOTE (Gemmill @ Dec 23 2004, 07:11 AM)

couldntWah wah. Robert whines to the press and everyone leaps to his defence because he's "trying so hard" etc. Souness's comments to the press re Robert are ill-advised and unnecessary but I'm sick to death of Robert and his half hearted attitude towards this club. Kissing his badge is not enough. If he was putting in the outstanding, match-winning performances that some on here see every time he takes to the pitch, there wouldn't be a problem between him and Souness.

Neither of them should be going to the press, but take that out of the equation, and banish from your mind the fact that poor put-upon Laurent is being called names by his boss, and he simply doesn't contribute enough for the wealth of talents that he has. And he hasn't done for a long time. I think Souness is probably just as sick of that fact as I am.

LeazesMag Posted: Dec 23 2004, 03:21 PM

couldn't agree more

Guest stevieintoon

And theres more.....

Leazes agreeing with Gemmil sensation here

QUOTE (Gemmill @ Dec 23 2004, 07:11 AM)

couldntWah wah. Robert whines to the press and everyone leaps to his defence because he's "trying so hard" etc. Souness's comments to the press re Robert are ill-advised and unnecessary but I'm sick to death of Robert and his half hearted attitude towards this club. Kissing his badge is not enough. If he was putting in the outstanding, match-winning performances that some on here see every time he takes to the pitch, there wouldn't be a problem between him and Souness.

Neither of them should be going to the press, but take that out of the equation, and banish from your mind the fact that poor put-upon Laurent is being called names by his boss, and he simply doesn't contribute enough for the wealth of talents that he has. And he hasn't done for a long time. I think Souness is probably just as sick of that fact as I am.

LeazesMag Posted: Dec 23 2004, 03:21 PM

couldn't agree more

NE5, LeazesMag call him what you will, but one thing is not in doubt, his heart is in the right place. The fact is he is probably the most well known poster on any of the toon boards, I think too many people are obsessed by the legend that is LM.

Edited by stevieintoon

It is perhaps churlish of me to post this:

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/...98634#msg398634

This poor looking situation the club is in right now will correct itself over time if it turns out that Roeder is a good appointment. If he isn't and it doesn't, then I believe Fred should go.

:lol:

Edited by nufc4ever

I would like to predict that that post will either magically disappear or magically change. Magic is a bitch.

Well considering me and Gol admin that place, I doubt it'll disappear. If it does, I'll re-instate it :D

Either that or I can simply remove edit writes to the old posts :lol:

NE5, LeazesMag call him what you will, but one thing is not in doubt, his heart is in the right place. The fact is he is probably the most well known poster on any of the toon boards, I think too many people are obsessed by the legend that is LM.

His heart is, without question, in the right place.

Your other comments are, I assume, just sarcasm?

Guest stevieintoon

No, if any poster on a toon mb has achieved cult status, it's Leazes Mag.

No, if any poster on a toon mb has achieved cult status, it's Leazes Mag.

Aye but he has only achieved this status because he is seen as a figure of fun, its not out of respect.