LeazesMag is a...

Baggio

I think this has been taken out of context here. I'm no apologist for Souness, but I took him to mean that the pressure comes from the players who've played in their positions previously, and I can understand that to some extent, although I don't altogether agree with him. When those players go to training every day they're faced with pictures of former players running round with trophies, here, there and everywhere. It's meant to be an encouragement, or a 'you must give 100%' at all times type of example, but if you're not wholly confident then I suppose it could have a negative effect. Many of those ex players still live here so they come across them regularly. There;s a whole lot more to live up to at Liverpool than Newcastle whether you like it or not. I think he could have said that without mentioning their former clubs, but he didn't, so what? If you worry about silly comments like that, you'll live in a permanent state of rage. All clubs have things said about them that are either stupid or untrue, just live with it.

No they're not, they're faced with bell ends like Souness on the telly giving their opinions in exchange for huge bundles of Rupert Murdoch's cash. Thats what causes the "pressure". Is Tommy Smith at Melwood beasting them? no he's not. Alan Hansen gives them a verbal hiding every week, trousering a million pounds a year in public money. Your ex players are over represented in the media and thats where the pressure comes from.

You've come as close as we have to winning the league for the last 22 seasons so can you tell me where the day to day pressure comes from? Its a bit like saying Huddersfield have more pressure on their players because they won 3 titles in the 20s or 30s.

Absolutely spot on, same with Tottenham. I've never regarded Tottenham as "big", but they've held some sort of representation in the media for years people telling the world they're massive despite being sponsored by PONY getting 25,000 crowds and coming 14th every season.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really do worry about image don't you? I've been in the kop when there are better atmospheres than last night, but it wasn't that bad last night either. Quiet clapping is the new black :glare: . I don't really take much notice of how it comes across on the tele as sometimes it has to be a really big match before the crowd sound so loud it drowns out the commentator, that doesn't happen at many grounds these days. The best away crowds at Anfield are those who have nothing to lose, they're not going to move from mid table or they're safe from relegation. These are the ones who make the most noise.

I agree same here, which makes me wonder why Everton's fans were so shit, apart from when they sang "always the victim its never your fault".

I think this has been taken out of context here. I'm no apologist for Souness, but I took him to mean that the pressure comes from the players who've played in their positions previously, and I can understand that to some extent, although I don't altogether agree with him.

When those players go to training every day they're faced with pictures of former players running round with trophies, here, there and everywhere. It's meant to be an encouragement, or a 'you must give 100%' at all times type of example, but if you're not wholly confident then I suppose it could have a negative effect. Many of those ex players still live here so they come across them regularly.

There;s a whole lot more to live up to at Liverpool than Newcastle whether you like it or not. I think he could have said that without mentioning their former clubs, but he didn't, so what? If you worry about silly comments like that, you'll live in a permanent state of rage. All clubs have things said about them that are either stupid or untrue, just live with it.

Players who have played in their position previously?!?!?! Andy Carroll had to wear the number 9 shirt, which over the years has reached an iconic status, and in my biased view, Alan Shearer for instance was a better out and out striker than Liverpool have ever had. More to live up to at Liverpool, aye you were an amazing club in the 70s and 80s that's not in doubt, but you've never even competed for the title since 1990, we have seriously as well, it's all cliche's and bollocks, the fact is the pressure at Newcastle as everyone always says is immense, Jermaine Jenas said he couldn't cope for instance, and it's made even worse by the fact everyone knows we SHOULD be one of THE biggest clubs in England, but we have the monkey on our back of not winning a domestic trophy for 57 years. That is pressure.

We'll have to disagree then, I wouldn't have swapped Rushy for Shearer ever.

i thought Jenas couldn't cope with the off pitch pressure, hardly the same thing at all. By everyone, who do you mean? The tables don't lie, you have won 4 titles in your whole history, why would that give you any more right to be one of the biggest clubs? Even without title wins you've hardly been an ever present in the top 5, how many times have you finished there since the war for instance?

I'd say finishing with 86 points in '09 was a decent challenge, it would have won the title most seasons.

I think this has been taken out of context here. I'm no apologist for Souness, but I took him to mean that the pressure comes from the players who've played in their positions previously, and I can understand that to some extent, although I don't altogether agree with him.

When those players go to training every day they're faced with pictures of former players running round with trophies, here, there and everywhere. It's meant to be an encouragement, or a 'you must give 100%' at all times type of example, but if you're not wholly confident then I suppose it could have a negative effect. Many of those ex players still live here so they come across them regularly.

There;s a whole lot more to live up to at Liverpool than Newcastle whether you like it or not. I think he could have said that without mentioning their former clubs, but he didn't, so what? If you worry about silly comments like that, you'll live in a permanent state of rage. All clubs have things said about them that are either stupid or untrue, just live with it.

Players who have played in their position previously?!?!?! Andy Carroll had to wear the number 9 shirt, which over the years has reached an iconic status, and in my biased view, Alan Shearer for instance was a better out and out striker than Liverpool have ever had. More to live up to at Liverpool, aye you were an amazing club in the 70s and 80s that's not in doubt, but you've never even competed for the title since 1990, we have seriously as well, it's all cliche's and bollocks, the fact is the pressure at Newcastle as everyone always says is immense, Jermaine Jenas said he couldn't cope for instance, and it's made even worse by the fact everyone knows we SHOULD be one of THE biggest clubs in England, but we have the monkey on our back of not winning a domestic trophy for 57 years. That is pressure.

We'll have to disagree then, I wouldn't have swapped Rushy for Shearer ever.

i thought Jenas couldn't cope with the off pitch pressure, hardly the same thing at all. By everyone, who do you mean? The tables don't lie, you have won 4 titles in your whole history, why would that give you any more right to be one of the biggest clubs? Even without title wins you've hardly been an ever present in the top 5, how many times have you finished there since the war for instance?

I'd say finishing with 86 points in '09 was a decent challenge, it would have won the title most seasons.

We'd won as many domestic trophies as anyone in English football up to 1971, so in the first 83 years of English football we were joint most successful club, during that period we were often THE best supported club in the country. Those two factors alone point to the fact we were a huge club in English football who should've maintained the position as the best. Astonishing mismanagement saw us drift away for a long time, anyone with a the slightest spor of a clue knows this.

Edited by McFaul

Spurs have a strong representation in the media, a lot of people working for Sky Sports - particularly SSN - are Spurs fans & when you put that together with the fact that the entire of the South adores Redknapp for some reason it's no surpirse they are fairly unbearable.

We'd won as many domestic trophies as anyone in English football up to 1971, so in the first 83 years of English football we were joint most successful club, during that period we were often THE best supported club in the country. Those two factors alone point to the fact we were a huge club in English football who should've maintained the position as the best. Astonishing mismanagement saw us drift away for a long time, anyone with a the slightest spor of a clue knows this.

Are you saying that for the whole 83 years you were joint most successful club? Think you should check that.

I thought you disregarded trophies other than the title?

Most fans thinks their clubs have been huge at some point in their history, many have but it's been a short term thing for the most part. It's not really how you see your club, it's how others around the country and world see it, and you have to keep the trophies ticking over through what we regard as lean times for our clubs. We've won more silverware this century than any other club, it doesn't count though because Man U have won titles and that's the important one in most peoples eyes and I agree to an extent

Are you saying that for the whole 83 years you were joint most successful club? Think you should check that.

I thought you disregarded trophies other than the title?

Most fans thinks their clubs have been huge at some point in their history, many have but it's been a short term thing for the most part. It's not really how you see your club, it's how others around the country and world see it, and you have to keep the trophies ticking over through what we regard as lean times for our clubs. We've won more silverware this century than any other club, it doesn't count though because Man U have won titles and that's the important one in most peoples eyes and I agree to an extent

Sorry in the 20th century up to 1971 we were the most successful club till Arsenal did the double, so we'd achieved as much as Liverpool. So we were level then. You have been far more successful than us for 40 years, and that's it. We're not bitter. How people see you around the world, well we have a lot of respect around the world, known by many as the longest suffering loyalest supporters in the world, which is true by any measure of top league football. However, when 99% of the foreign supporters couldn't tell you who Ian Rush or John Barnes are I pass them all off as irrelevant. Local fanbase is everything, Rufus from Brixton ringing Talksport up about how he supports Suarez over the racism issue, well he's irrelevant. The heartbeat of a club is the people in the area, the rest dilutes the reason a club exists, which is why I fully support LM's comments about his views being more valid than someone chipping in from Singapore Mags.

"Sorry in the 20th century up to 1971 we were the most successful club till Arsenal did the double, so we'd achieved as much as Liverpool. So we were level then. You have been far more successful than us for 40 years, and that's it. We're not bitter. How people see you around the world, well we have a lot of respect around the world, known by many as the longest suffering loyalest supporters in the world, which is true by any measure of top league football. However, when 99% of the foreign supporters couldn't tell you who Ian Rush or John Barnes are I pass them all off as irrelevant. Local fanbase is everything, Rufus from Brixton ringing Talksport up about how he supports Suarez over the racism issue, well he's irrelevant. The heartbeat of a club is the people in the area, the rest dilutes the reason a club exists, which is why I fully support LM's comments about his views being more valid than someone chipping in from Singapore Mags."

So Man U having 11 trophies in that time doesn't count? As I said, many clubs have had their glory times, it's sustaining them that counts. We had won 7 titles by that time, you have 4 in your whole history, Sorry but the title is the benchmark no matter how much Geordies like to think it's the FA cup.

I'll take your word that you have a lot of respect around the world, I haven't come across it I have to say.

Our local support is healthy, I have no problem with OOTS or OOCS when their pedigree shows them to be true and knowledgeable fans, I've met so many of them who could buy and sell a number of local fans as far as the club and following it goes. We've all got them, the locals who call themselves diehards, but never get to the ground. It is hard to get tickets, but you can get them, and if you cared enough you would, give me an oot who has spent hours on the phone, paid for the privilege, and then travelled down or up from god knows where. Our club exists to win trophies and bring pride and happiness at being the best, to it's local area, which it has on numerous occasions. It's not a social club for locals to get together and have a good chat about how well the club is supported.

Edited by Pacinofan

"Sorry in the 20th century up to 1971 we were the most successful club till Arsenal did the double, so we'd achieved as much as Liverpool. So we were level then. You have been far more successful than us for 40 years, and that's it. We're not bitter. How people see you around the world, well we have a lot of respect around the world, known by many as the longest suffering loyalest supporters in the world, which is true by any measure of top league football. However, when 99% of the foreign supporters couldn't tell you who Ian Rush or John Barnes are I pass them all off as irrelevant. Local fanbase is everything, Rufus from Brixton ringing Talksport up about how he supports Suarez over the racism issue, well he's irrelevant. The heartbeat of a club is the people in the area, the rest dilutes the reason a club exists, which is why I fully support LM's comments about his views being more valid than someone chipping in from Singapore Mags."

So Man U having 11 trophies in that time doesn't count? As I said, many clubs have had their glory times, it's sustaining them that counts. We had won 7 titles by that time, you have 4 in your whole history, Sorry but the title is the benchmark no matter how much Geordies like to think it's the FA cup.

I'll take your word that you have a lot of respect around the world, I haven't come across it I have to say.

Our local support is healthy, I have no problem with OOTS or OOCS when their pedigree shows them to be true and knowledgeable fans, I've met so many of them who could buy and sell a number of local fans as far as the club and following it goes. We've all got them, the locals who call themselves diehards, but never get to the ground. It is hard to get tickets, but you can get them, and if you cared enough you would, give me an oot who has spent hours on the phone, paid for the privilege, and then travelled down or up from god knows where. Our club exists to win trophies and bring pride and happiness at being the best, to it's local area, which it has on numerous occasions. It's not a social club for locals to get together and have a good chat about how well the club is supported.

Aye Man Utd had 11, so did we. The FA Cup was seen as THE prestigious trophy up to the 80s regardless how you like to rewrite history. In the 50s we played reserves in the league to save our team for the Cup Finals when we could've won both. They are facts.

I've never seen much of Liverpool's respect around the world, I've seen a lot of ridicule, but at least people know who you are.

I know plenty OOTs who are great too, but I like to know their reasons for supporting the club. In your case 99% of it will have been because when they were young you were a successful club. I hate that me, support fucking Swindon or Plymouth. If some Russian billionaire bought Tranmere and made them Premiership champions 3 times in a row, they'd have a bigger global support than Newcastle, Man City and Leeds put together. It's pathetic, I know who the proper clubs are, Man Utd are one.

Aye Man Utd had 11, so did we. The FA Cup was seen as THE prestigious trophy up to the 80s regardless how you like to rewrite history. In the 50s we played reserves in the league to save our team for the Cup Finals when we could've won both. They are facts.

I've never seen much of Liverpool's respect around the world, I've seen a lot of ridicule, but at least people know who you are.

I know plenty OOTs who are great too, but I like to know their reasons for supporting the club. In your case 99% of it will have been because when they were young you were a successful club. I hate that me, support fucking Swindon or Plymouth. If some Russian billionaire bought Tranmere and made them Premiership champions 3 times in a row, they'd have a bigger global support than Newcastle, Man City and Leeds put together. It's pathetic, I know who the proper clubs are, Man Utd are one.

That is the biggest piece of shit you've written yet, it isn't me who's rewriting history. The FA Cup was the glamour cup, the day out for the fans, the closing of a hard fought season, a party that any club could star in, you just had to beat a number of teams from any of the four divisions, and you were through. It doesn't even compare with playing 42 games against the best teams in the country and being the one that wins the most points. I can guarantee the league title was the end all be all, the FA Cup was a wonderful occasion that was a great honour to win, but not nearly as much an honour as the title.

I've travelled to many places with Liverpool, met hundreds of fans of other clubs, and for the most part there was friendliness and respect from most quarters.

I dislike Man U but I don't hate them for other than 90 minutes at either football ground. I respect them a lot, but a proper club wouldn't have dropped the words football club from their badge for commercial reasons. Other than that I agree they're a proper club, whatever that is.

That is the biggest piece of shit you've written yet, it isn't me who's rewriting history. The FA Cup was the glamour cup, the day out for the fans, the closing of a hard fought season, a party that any club could star in, you just had to beat a number of teams from any of the four divisions, and you were through. It doesn't even compare with playing 42 games against the best teams in the country and being the one that wins the most points. I can guarantee the league title was the end all be all, the FA Cup was a wonderful occasion that was a great honour to win, but not nearly as much an honour as the title.

I've travelled to many places with Liverpool, met hundreds of fans of other clubs, and for the most part there was friendliness and respect from most quarters.

I dislike Man U but I don't hate them for other than 90 minutes at either football ground. I respect them a lot, but a proper club wouldn't have dropped the words football club from their badge for commercial reasons. Other than that I agree they're a proper club, whatever that is.

It's a fact which exposes how shite your knowledge is, made even worse by the fact you're about 20 years older than me. The FA Cup was the prize everybody wanted to win, as I said earlier absolute accentuated by the fact in 1951 and 1952, we fielded reserves for league games, when we could easily have won the league. Ask anyone over 40 (with a clue) and they'll correct the errors of your ways.

Man Utd are a proper club, best supported club in the country when they couldn't win the league for 30 years, as opposed to clubs where half the support is OOT who have 15,000 empty seats on occasion when they're not in the top 4, because the manager isn't who they want.

No it exposes you for the gobshite you are, being older than you means I've been there to see it more than you, and if you think that the FA Cup was bigger up till the 80's you're thicker than I already thought. I don't need to ask anyone what was the bigger trophy up till the 80's, they'd think I was as thick as you for even asking.

15,000 empty seats, is that us you're referring to? Didn't bring the average down much then did it? I agree Man U are, and have been, the best supported club for many decades through good and bad times.

The FA cup final winners will get £1.8m.

A semi finalist gets £450k

we got to the 4th round where it's £90k.

Make it £10m and a champions league place. It would soon be as important as it was in the 50's again.

No it exposes you for the gobshite you are, being older than you means I've been there to see it more than you, and if you think that the FA Cup was bigger up till the 80's you're thicker than I already thought. I don't need to ask anyone what was the bigger trophy up till the 80's, they'd think I was as thick as you for even asking.

15,000 empty seats, is that us you're referring to? Didn't bring the average down much then did it? I agree Man U are, and have been, the best supported club for many decades through good and bad times.

It was a bigger more prestigious trophy, it doesn't fit your agenda so you deny it. You are one of the biggest cunts I've seen on a message board. You're a patronising bellend, and if we took the name of your club out of every post, anyone in the world could see you're a Liverpool fan. The reason you're here is to patronise Newcastle today, no other reason, little chips away, there's facets of my club that will be better than yours till the end of the world, the support for one. The FA Cup was bigger than the league, MUCH larger crowds watched FA Cup games than the league. Even the blue dippers agree...

http://www.vintagebluekipper.com/firstmatch/sausage14.htm

My first match came when I was eight, against QPR, and it was the week before the 1984 FA Cup Final. Me 'al fella took me to the game, as compensation for not taking me to the Final. He pissed off down to London with his mates on the ale, I would do the same now if we got to a Final, my lad is three though. What I remember most about my first visit to Goodison was the low attendance a week before the Final. In those days the FA Cup was bigger than winning the League. Was happy to say got my dream in 1995, when I went down to Wembley with me mates to watch us do the Mancs.

It's not like it's an argument. Only an odious wall pusher or someone who's so clueless they shouldn't talk about the game would disagree.

It was a bigger more prestigious trophy, it doesn't fit your agenda so you deny it. You are one of the biggest cunts I've seen on a message board. You're a patronising bellend, and if we took the name of your club out of every post, anyone in the world could see you're a Liverpool fan. The reason you're here is to patronise Newcastle today, no other reason, little chips away, there's facets of my club that will be better than yours till the end of the world, the support for one. The FA Cup was bigger than the league, MUCH larger crowds watched FA Cup games than the league. Even the blue dippers agree...

http://www.vintagebl...h/sausage14.htm

My first match came when I was eight, against QPR, and it was the week before the 1984 FA Cup Final. Me 'al fella took me to the game, as compensation for not taking me to the Final. He pissed off down to London with his mates on the ale, I would do the same now if we got to a Final, my lad is three though. What I remember most about my first visit to Goodison was the low attendance a week before the Final. In those days the FA Cup was bigger than winning the League. Was happy to say got my dream in 1995, when I went down to Wembley with me mates to watch us do the Mancs.

It's not like it's an argument. Only an odious wall pusher or someone who's so clueless they shouldn't talk about the game would disagree.

No it really wasn't, I can't help it if he's as much a gobshite as you. I could take you to meet loads of Evertonians who would laugh at that comment. I really don't need to have an agenda, our history is second to none, certainly nothing you could come out with. The FA Cup was the biggest domestic glamour game of the season, that's it. Great honour but if you can't see the difference between a Cup win and a title win there's no hope for you.

Why would I want to patronise your club? They are what they are, as are all clubs. It's your deluded hate filled words that set you apart, not the club you support. You have to be one of the ugliest minded posters I've seen on football sites.

the entire of the South adores Redknapp for some reason

You what?

Aye, I hate the cunt.

Sorry meant the media rather than the people!

http://www.vintagebl...h/sausage14.htm

No it really wasn't, I can't help it if he's as much a gobshite as you. I could take you to meet loads of Evertonians who would laugh at that comment. I really don't need to have an agenda, our history is second to none, certainly nothing you could come out with. The FA Cup was the biggest domestic glamour game of the season, that's it. Great honour but if you can't see the difference between a Cup win and a title win there's no hope for you.

Why would I want to patronise your club? They are what they are, as are all clubs. It's your deluded hate filled words that set you apart, not the club you support. You have to be one of the ugliest minded posters I've seen on football sites.

I don't hate anything in life really, but I hate Liverpool, and I tell you what it is, it's exactly because of cunts like you. Your football club is by far the most hated in British football and it's fuck all to do with you being successful.

Edited by McFaul

"I don't hate anything in life really, but I hate Liverpool, and I tell you what it is, it's exactly because of cunts like you. Your football club is by far the most hated in British football and it's fuck all to do with you being successful"]

PMSL at that. Your posts on many clubs, cities, and people, show you up for the hate filled ugly minded bigot you are. See, it even matters to you that others hate the same club you do. Why? Why does it matter to you what, or who, others love or hate?

You are jealous of LFC, Scousers and even this city for some unknown reason.

"I don't hate anything in life really, but I hate Liverpool, and I tell you what it is, it's exactly because of cunts like you. Your football club is by far the most hated in British football and it's fuck all to do with you being successful"]

PMSL at that. Your posts on many clubs, cities, and people, show you up for the hate filled ugly minded bigot you are. See, it even matters to you that others hate the same club you do. Why? Why does it matter to you what, or who, others love or hate?

Jealous :lol: I've always wanted to be scouse. Just so we can make that clear. You patronising old cunt.

Jealous :lol: I've always wanted to be scouse. Just so we can make that clear. You patronising old cunt.

Oh I don't think you want to be Scouse, thank Christ, and it's not hard to patronise an ugly minded bigot.

Edited by Pacinofan