Woolmer Death Suspicious

Gemmill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happened like? Are they trying to make Cricket more interesting by amking it a Whodunnit weekend?

Bob Woolmer has died and the police have said it's suspicious. I bet you've been on a Whodunnit weekend btw.

Edited by alex

Professor Patel in the hotel room with a cricket bat.

Unlikely to be from Pakistan tbh.

On the radio this morning they were speculating that it might be linked to the team's early exit from the tournament. Mind, it was Talksport. :unsure:

It's a bit weird like. I think everyone assumed it was from natural causes with suicide not even being thought possible. Hope it turns out to be the former tbh. It's only a game ffs.

If they're speculating that it's due to their shite performance, the whole fucking England team should come back in wooden boxes tbh.

I do hope it turns out to be natural causes and not something sinister like what happen to Andreas Escobar...

As Alex says, it's a game - people need to get some perspective.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articl...#39;/article.do

Woolmer 'may have been poisoned to protect match-fixing mafia'

'Suspicious death': Woolmer

Tribute: The fans remember Bob Woolmer

Cricket coach Bob Woolmer may have been murdered, it was claimed today.

Blood was found on the floor of his Jamaican hotel room and there are reports of traces of poison being discovered there.

Woolmer, 58, was found by a maid lying unconscious in the bathroom hours after his Pakistan side suffered a shock defeat to part-timers Ireland in the World Cup.

Police sources said there was blood on his cheek and eyes and scratches on his neck.

His death was initially presumed to have been from natural causes but there have been claims he was killed to cover up match-rigging by members of the Pakistan team.

Former Pakistan player Sarfraz Nawaz said that Woolmer, a former England batsman and highly-respected coach, had been murdered by the "match-fixing mafia".

Police are questioning the Pakistan team who have been asked to stay in Kingston for two days after their final match today so that investigations can continue.

A post mortem examination was inconclusive and further investigations are being carried out by a toxicologist and a histologist, who will examine body tissue.

Mark Shields, deputy commissioner of the Jamaican police, told a press conference in Kingston today: "The cause of death was inconclusive. Having met with the pathologist, other medical personnel and investigators there is now sufficient information to continue a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding the death of Mr Woolmer, which we are now treating as suspicious.

"We have already informed the Woolmer family of this development."

Police said there was froth around his mouth, blood on the floor, vomit on the walls and signs of diarrhoea.

Asked if he was saying that Mr Woolmer had been murdered, Mr Shields said: "No, we are not saying that." He added that as yet they have "no suspects".

Woolmer was a diabetic and his bloodsugar testing machine was found on the floor in the bathroom

Pakistan's defeat to Ireland was one of the biggest upsets in the history of the tournament.

Nawaz added: "The theory going around in West Indies police circles is that Woolmer might have been killed by those who wanted to silence him on the issue of match fixing."

Ahsan Malik, a spokesman for the Pakistan Cricket Board, said: "There is no authentic report that he was poisoned or how Bob Woolmer died. It is a sensitive issue so we are waiting for the outcome of the medical reports and police investigation."

Pakistan team spokesman Pervez Mir said: "Obviously 'suspicious' could be anything at this moment. It could be something serious, it could be something not serious.

"We have a man who is down and we don't know the reason why."

This cricket lark mightn't be so boring after all.

I know they take it very seriously in Pakistan....... but even so I'd guess (and hope) it was just natural causes, although I guess maybe brought on or at least helped on by his recent troubles.

If you have a heart attack, would you spew up all over the walls and or have blood coming from your mouth?

Induced by some dodgy rice and peas.

Tbh it was the first thing I thought off when I heard he'd died. Pakistan unexpectadly go out of the World Cup to shit teams like Ireland, and he's suddenly dead...

I'm certainly not one of these conspiracy theorists, but this sounds a bit dodgy. Hope he just died peacefully though.