*The official Solano returns? thread

paddy

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobby's a fecking legend, I wouldn't care if he never played again, he was never supposed to leave and I just want him back. I honestly thought he'd become a coach here and couldn't believe when he left.

What was it Maradonna called him? The little wizard?

Nobby's a fecking legend, I wouldn't care if he never played again, he was never supposed to leave and I just want him back.  I honestly thought he'd become a coach here and couldn't believe when he left.

What was it Maradonna called him?  The little wizard?

25209[/snapback]

I know, it was a sad moment. He was a legend in his own right, but it's understanable why he left, and has since been showing superb form at Villa.

He simply didn't want to play for SBR anymore.  That's why he left.

25214[/snapback]

The truth according to Sir Bobby is quite different.

He reckoned that Nobby's legs had gone and he was getting a decent price.

When he left I thought that SBR might have had a point, IMO he was no longer as much of a threat as he had been, wasn't beating a man, wasn't offering up as many assists, but have to say his Villa form has been a different gravy.

(you know what they say though, you should never go back. Hope I'm wrong in that respect)

25214[/snapback]

When he left I thought that SBR might have had a point, IMO he was no longer as much of a threat as he had been, wasn't beating a man, wasn't offering up as many assists, but have to say his Villa form has been a different gravy.

(you know what they say though, you should never go back. Hope I'm wrong in that respect)

25218[/snapback]

And that opinion wasn't at all influenced by the whole club vs country debate? I liked a lot of things about Bobby but he put Newcastle in second place for Queen and Country when the FA came calling. But when one of the heathens was proud of their country he couldn't understand it. Nobby's form suffered because of how Bobby treated him.

BTW some clever soul said 2 words the last time 'you should never go back' was brought up - Peter Beardsley.

Edited by DotBum

He would be suspended for the next three games though, wouldn't he? What a shame, I hope he would at least step onto the pitch before the Fulham game so that he could get a nice welcome.

Edited by Bombadil

25214[/snapback]

25218[/snapback]

And that opinion wasn't at all influenced by the whole club vs country debate? I liked a lot of things about Bobby but he put Newcastle in second place for Queen and Country when the FA came calling. But when one of the heathens was proud of their country he couldn't understand it. Nobby's form suffered because of how Bobby treated him.

BTW some clever soul said 2 words the last time 'you should never go back' was brought up - Peter Beardsley.

25230[/snapback]

I'll ammend the never go back rule so it only applies to footballers over 5'3"

I'll ammend the never go back rule so it only applies to footballers over 5'3"

25236[/snapback]

So that'll be, never go back you lanky bastard.

I just hope it happens..

25234[/snapback]

I have just removed my avatar again in the fear that I could jinx it. :rolleyes:

With every game I saw of Villa I realized how I missed the Nobster. It is just the feel good factor that would be somewhat restored having the little Peruvian at our ranks again.

i'm getting excited about our season ahead all of a sudden

this looks a pretty good team to me:

----------------given

carr----boum-----taylor-----babayaro

solano--parker---emre------luque

---------shearer---owen

bench:

harper

bramble

dyer

bowyer

n'zogbia

shola

faye etc

Still a big question mark about the big man up top.

25259[/snapback]

I'll feel happier when we've signed another left back and striker tonight :rolleyes:

well i can dream cant I? Souness did say the chairman was busy didnt he?