*The official Solano returns? thread

paddy

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just back from the pub to check on activity. Thought it would be done and dusted by now - do we expect an announcement before midnight?

There'll be tears before bedtime if we dont

J69, is that lass of yours called Sarah by any chance?

He probably failed his medical an hour ago.

That said, we aren't getting live commentary on one of today's greatest sporting events... Nobby's medical.

I'm sure there's going to be another press conference announced, that will be cancelled tomorrow...

I'm on SSN.  I've been on it for the last 14 hours.

I think my brain is numb.  I can now wait for Owen's debut as I'm sick of the sight of him :lol:

25876[/snapback]

iam with you on that one!!!!...if i hear his name once more today il..il...switch the Tv of and goto bed

from nufc.co.uk:

Solano Returns To St. James' Park

By Ian Willis

NOBBY Solano has completed his move back to St. James' Park from Aston Villa after finalising the transfer shortly before the closure of the August transfer window.

The Peruvian passed a medical on Tyneside on Wednesday night before signing his contract. He joins The Magpies on an initial two-year deal with an option on the club's part to extend it for a further 12 months.

Solano will once again wear the number four jersey, which was vacated following Nicky Butt's season-long loan move to Birmingham City.

And his return to St. James' coincides with James Milner travelling to Villa in the opposite direction to spend the rest of the campaign with the west Midlands outfit.

Nobby told nufc.co.uk: "It's great to be back at Newcastle and I hope we can have a really successful season here."

Delighted chairman Freddy Shepherd added: "It's great to have Nobby back and I am sure all the fans are thrilled by the news."

The 30-year old, who left United in January 2004, initially moved to Tyneside in August 1998 and went on to make a total of 214 appearances for Newcastle - with a further 20 from the bench - scoring 38 goals.

The signing of Solano completed what had been an extraordinary day at St. James' Park, one which began with Michael Owen becoming the club's record signing after joining from Real Madrid on a four-year deal, and which also saw midfielder Jermaine Jenas move to Tottenham Hotspur.

Solano was a firm favourite with Gallowgate crowd, and the news is sure to delight the fans who chanted his name at the unveiling of Michael Owen earlier in the day.

Solano will have to wait for his United debut as he has two games left of a three-match ban following a recent red card for Villa at Portsmouth.

I think my brain is numb.  I can now wait for Owen's debut as I'm sick of the sight of him :lol:

25876[/snapback]

lol thats the funniest post of this very long night! I know what you mean though. did you realise that brazilian guys is george burley's eighth signing this summer for Hearts?? lol

25876[/snapback]

lol thats the funniest post of this very long night! I know what you mean though. did you realise that brazilian guys is george burley's eighth signing this summer for Hearts?? lol

25903[/snapback]

They have only signed 1 Brazilian?

I thought it was at least 10.