*The official Solano returns? thread

paddy

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUST IN! ssn say that a decision will be made in the next few minutes/hours!

25305[/snapback]

I am 99% sure a decision will be made in the next few hours! :rolleyes:

25307[/snapback]

They're not exactly laying it on the line are they!

Might as well have said, "We can exclusively reveal that Solan either will...or won't be signing for NUFC tonight"

JUST IN! ssn say that a decision will be made in the next few minutes/hours!

25305[/snapback]

I am 99% sure a decision will be made in the next few hours! :rolleyes:

25307[/snapback]

They're not exactly laying it on the line are they!

Might as well have said, "We can exclusively reveal that Solan either will...or won't be signing for NUFC tonight"

25327[/snapback]

:angry:

Bloke on Sky is now reporting that the deal has been agreed as long as Milner will agree to go the other way.  So you know who to blame if it falls through. :rolleyes:

25277[/snapback]

I wanted us to get Nobby for cash and keep Millner here as people forget how much we lack in cover as a squad. But i can see Villa's point of view as they have little or no time to find a replacement for Nobby so they need to get a player in.

Should this happen, I'd hope we would try and get them to agree to having Millner until January then they can buy a player of their own and we can have Millner back, but i doubt we will.

25287[/snapback]

Aye you're right about the cover, and that sounds fair enough. As things stand though, given the chance between Milner and Solano, I'd take Solano and then welcome Milner back at the end of the season with a lot more Prem experience under his belt, and hopefully the better player for it.

25303[/snapback]

Hmm, I think we dont have enough cover with all of the injuries, Milner may still have to play up top if Owen or Shearer get injured, weve got no back up.

Bloke on Sky is now reporting that the deal has been agreed as long as Milner will agree to go the other way.  So you know who to blame if it falls through. :rolleyes:

25277[/snapback]

I wanted us to get Nobby for cash and keep Millner here as people forget how much we lack in cover as a squad. But i can see Villa's point of view as they have little or no time to find a replacement for Nobby so they need to get a player in.

Should this happen, I'd hope we would try and get them to agree to having Millner until January then they can buy a player of their own and we can have Millner back, but i doubt we will.

25287[/snapback]

Aye you're right about the cover, and that sounds fair enough. As things stand though, given the chance between Milner and Solano, I'd take Solano and then welcome Milner back at the end of the season with a lot more Prem experience under his belt, and hopefully the better player for it.

25303[/snapback]

Hmm, I think we dont have enough cover with all of the injuries, Milner may still have to play up top if Owen or Shearer get injured, weve got no back up.

25351[/snapback]

Chops will return sometime, let's not forget that. We could also push Luque up and put Zog on the flanks. Not ideal but we're not completely devoid of options if the two of them get injured.

Just said Solano SHOULD be back in a newcastle shirt again. Looks like Milner is on his way out. If Milners going bad deal i think, despite how much we all want Solano here

Edited by chip2388

JM can only go to Villa on loan - if he is part of the deal as a sale option then its a bad move.

if not

WELCOME HOME NOBBY!

25371[/snapback]

I'll go along with that. I wouldn't swap a 18 year old for a 30 year old (unless it was for someone like Ronaldo ::rolleyes:

If Nobby does re-sign then I think the 15-20,000 who were at St James' today can be thanked for persuading FF to go back in for him by singing his name. You could see Souness egging everyone on as he stood next to Shepherd.

If Nobby does re-sign then I think the 15-20,000 who were at St James' today can be thanked for persuading FF to go back in for him by singing his name. You could see Souness egging everyone on as he stood next to Shepherd.

25379[/snapback]

Aye well they could have thought of a decent left backs name to sing aswell then! :rolleyes:

25379[/snapback]

Aye well they could have thought of a decent left backs name to sing aswell then! :rolleyes:

25382[/snapback]

Remember we were after Trabelsi, did he ever move clubs or not? Hard to make a song out of his name though!

Didn't Fat Freddie say NO CHANCE about swapping Milner for Solano earlier so hopefully its a loan deal.

25383[/snapback]

He also said the Solano deal was dead :rolleyes:

25379[/snapback]

25382[/snapback]

Remember we were after Trabelsi, did he ever move clubs or not? Hard to make a song out of his name though!

25384[/snapback]

He's a right back