Trojans!

sweetleftpeg

Everywhere! Turned on the computer last night and it's flashing up messages of critical errors and detected sypware. Norton however, is saying everything is fine and after doing two complete scans can't find anything wrong.

So, it's that age old question you all get bored of being asked, what FREE software can I download to get rid!

Everywhere! Turned on the computer last night and it's flashing up messages of critical errors and detected sypware. Norton however, is saying everything is fine and after doing two complete scans can't find anything wrong.

So, it's that age old question you all get bored of being asked, what FREE software can I download to get rid!

try AVG virus scanner with all updates

adaware

Adaware appears to have solved in Laz me old cock. Stopped getting the critical error message and everything is back to normal speed. However, I'm still getting a bubble message from my taskbar saying something like 'the system has detected spyware on this machine etc'. Is it still fucked or is the computer just being a spaz?

Adaware appears to have solved in Laz me old cock. Stopped getting the critical error message and everything is back to normal speed. However, I'm still getting a bubble message from my taskbar saying something like 'the system has detected spyware on this machine etc'. Is it still fucked or is the computer just being a spaz?

What program is giving you this message?

I would still get rid of norton and switch to avg or similar. ( norton is a serious system hog).

spybot, spywaredoctor and adaware. Run all 3 seperately and they will all come up with something different.

You will have to dl a torrent version of spywaredoctor though as the freeware version wont delete the spyware for you.

What program is giving you this message?

I would still get rid of norton and switch to avg or similar. ( norton is a serious system hog).

I don't know, it just says 'System Alert!' in a bubble every couple of minutes. When I click on the icon (a white question mark in a blue square that changes to a red warning sign and back again) it links me to the homepage of Spylocked. Like I say, the computer seems to be working spot on apart from that.

Guest Toplass-101

Ive had a right carry on with a trojan today.

I was sent a message on MSN saying "lol wtf who has placed this picture of you online" so dopey me clicks the link.

I ran Norton, but it didnt show up on there so I tried Adaware and that was no use.

I eventually found this which worked... http://www.ccleaner.com/

Cheers again Laz. I went with that link and it cost me about £20 odd quid but it's got rid of the problem. Well, the message didn't go away at first but tonight it's dissapeared for the first time so I guess that's case solved. Thanks for your help again bud. Muchos apprecios. :lol: