Should just nuke the whole fucking middle east and turn it into a sea of glass

Just so long as we can still get the oil out when it's stopped glowing

I'm not serious BTW

I think you missed a wink off there.

Theres some text in white

'im not serious btw'

well spotted

wanker

All blokes are, especially one's like me who work away from home most of the time

Edited by Toonpack

'im not serious btw'

well spotted

wanker

All blokes are, especially one's like me who work away from home most of the time

:lol: Tell me about it

'im not serious btw'

well spotted

wanker

No I will not, you fucking vouyer

'im not serious btw'

well spotted

wanker

No I will not, you fucking vouyer

They're gonna poosh tha button!

Poosh tha button!

Poosh tha bu-

Poosh tha bu-

Poosh tha button!

They are sending the Sugababes over to rescue them ??

:lol:

I'd guess that our brave lads were in "hot pursuit" of some dodgy bastards and strayed into Iranian waters in error in the dark - its a maze of channels and sandbanks and the exact boundary isn't marked by a line of lights or anything - that's what happened the last time some of our guys were caught by the Iranians

TBH what is required now is quite diplomacy and not every one sounding off in the papers - like the last time it'll end with an apology which will be shown on Iranian TV and no-one else will notice or care

I'd guess that our brave lads were in "hot pursuit" of some dodgy bastards and strayed into Iranian waters in error in the dark - its a maze of channels and sandbanks and the exact boundary isn't marked by a line of lights or anything - that's what happened the last time some of our guys were caught by the Iranians

TBH what is required now is quite diplomacy and not every one sounding off in the papers - like the last time it'll end with an apology which will be shown on Iranian TV and no-one else will notice or care

I doubt they were in Iranian waters (that they took them between them leaving a searched vessel and heading back to their frigate make it even less likely).

Actually the last lot they took hostage were eventually proven to have NOT been in Iranian waters.

More likely they are under orders to take UK personel when they can as it makes a HUGE propaganda victory for the Iranian government, especially internally and in that part of the world.

I'd imagine like the previous incident they'll eventually be proven to have been in Iraqi waters (and therefore the Iranians were acting completely illegally – not that they will care of course), but by then Iran will have had it's media day and it will be irrelevant as it was the last time.

Edited by Fop

the problem is no-one has agreed EXACTLy where Iraq stops and Iran starts - in some cases the boundary runs down the middle of the channel and in other son one side or the other - or through the islands

It is (to use the Geographers term) neither demarcated nor delineated

Its very easy to get into trouble in such cases

the problem is no-one has agreed EXACTLy where Iraq stops and Iran starts - in some cases the boundary runs down the middle of the channel and in other son one side or the other - or through the islands

Well, the border has been 'grudgingly agreed' by all parties apparently and according to the US, UK et al they were in Iraqi waters.

Which is true, except even in the earlier incident the British forces were well into "their" side of things (as was eventually proven beyond all doubt once they managed to get enough of their equipment back – which was probably another reason the Iranians were so reluctant to hand back their equipment for so long, but they time they did no one was interested that the Iranian’s had trespassed and basically committed an act of war and/or piracy. :lol: ).

In this latest case the Iranians were ridiculously into waters not belonging to them (as it is was in the more open sea area not the delta were things get more tricky).

Of course the Iranians know that the British forces are ordered to act "passively", thereby being unable to do anything but be captured in the case of mild threat from them (although apparently this policy is now under review as it's resulted in incidents like this twice now – it just doesn’t look good for UK forces to repeatedly go though that, and in the end they will have to change policy to stop it, even if the other result is firing on or even sinking Iranian boats to do so).

Plus as I said it is such a HUGE propaganda victory for them (one of the "captured" gun boats was put in their revolutionary war museum last time).

Make no mistake the Iranian forces are looking for these opportunities to "capture" UK forces, even if it means trespassing quite a long way into Iraqi waters to do so.