Symptoms of being over 25

catmag

1. You leave clubs before the end to "beat the rush".

2. You get more excited about having a roast on a Sunday than going clubbing the night before.

3. You stop dreaming of becoming a professional footballer and start dreaming of having a son who might instead.

4. Before throwing the local paper away, you look through the property section.

5. All of a sudden, middle aged people are not 46, they are only 46.

6. Before going out anywhere, you ask whether there is anywhere to park.

7. Rather than throw a knackered pair of trainers out, you keep them because they'll be alright for the DIY or in the garden.

8. You buy T-shirts without anything written on them.

9. Instead of laughing at the innovations catalogue that falls out of the newspaper, you suddenly see both the benefit and money saving properties of most of the things that are in it.

10. You start to worry about your parents' health.

11. You have more disposable income, but everything you want or need to buy costs between 200 and 500 quid.

12. You don't get funny looks when you buy a Disney video or a Wallace And Gromit bubble bath, as the sales assistant assumes they are for your children.

13. Pop music all starts to sound the same.

14. You opt for Pizza Express over Pizza Hut because they do a really nice half-bottle of house red.

15. You always have enough milk in.

16. To compensate for the fact that you have little desire to go clubbing, you instead frequent trendy bars and restaurants in the mistaken belief that you have not turned into your parents.

17. While flicking through the TV channels, you happen upon C4's Time Team with Tony Robinson. You get drawn in. Grand Designs also appeals.

18. The benefits of a pension scheme become clear.

19. You go out of your way to pick up a colour chart from B&Q.

20. You wish you had a shed.

21. You have a shed.

22. You actually find yourself saying "They don't make 'em like that anymore" and "I remember when there were only 4 TV channels" and "Not in my day...."

23. Radio 2 play more songs you know than Radio 1 - and Jeremy Vine has some really interesting guests on.

24. Instead of tutting at old people who take ages to get off the bus, You tut at rowdy school children.

25. When sitting outside a pub you admire their hanging baskets.

26. You find yourself saying "is it cold in here or is it just me?"

:lol:

Time Team has always been cool. FACT!

Well you are about as old as the relics they dig up :unsure:

...OK, that may pushing the Comedy Quote Edit envelope a little too far. :D

Well you are about as old as the relics they dig up :D

:unsure:

...OK, that may pushing the Comedy Quote Edit envelope a little too far. :D

You see, I couldn't post that as I'm 2 years older than him :lol:

But you're free to Comedy Edit all you like honey... <_<

1. You leave clubs before the end to "beat the rush".

Aye. Mind, I'm not arsed about clubs that much anyway.

2. You get more excited about having a roast on a Sunday than going clubbing the night before.

I love Sunday Dinner

3. You stop dreaming of becoming a professional footballer and start dreaming of having a son who might instead.

True. Although I stopped dreaming of that when I was about ten and realised I was a useless footballer - but hey, maybe I gave that one up too soon. It's never held Stephen Carr back.

4. Before throwing the local paper away, you look through the property section.
No. I hate the property and motoring sections. First thing I do on a Saturady with the Journal is bin them.

5. All of a sudden, middle aged people are not 46, they are only 46.

I've not quite got around to that.

6. Before going out anywhere, you ask whether there is anywhere to park.

I don't drive.

7. Rather than throw a knackered pair of trainers out, you keep them because they'll be alright for the DIY or in the garden.

Not DIY or the garden, but they'll come in handy for something, although I never know what.

8. You buy T-shirts without anything written on them.

Mostly, although I've been doing that for a while, though not completely plain ones.

9. Instead of laughing at the innovations catalogue that falls out of the newspaper, you suddenly see both the benefit and money saving properties of most of the things that are in it.

I pay no interest at all.

10. You start to worry about your parents' health.

Not really.

11. You have more disposable income, but everything you want or need to buy costs between 200 and 500 quid.

No to the first part (I'm a mature student), yes to the second.

12. You don't get funny looks when you buy a Disney video or a Wallace And Gromit bubble bath, as the sales assistant assumes they are for your children.

I don't like either.

13. Pop music all starts to sound the same.

Aye. I've never paid attention to the charts for a few years, but it's out of choice because the charts are

sh!t. I keep my finger on the pulse of the new indie and rock bands though. I'm not losing it yet.

14. You opt for Pizza Express over Pizza Hut because they do a really nice half-bottle of house red.

Pizza Hut = Fine for takeaway Pizza. Pizza Express, much better to sit in than Pizza Hut, but because of Red Wine. Can't stand the stuff.

15. You always have enough milk in.

Always running out.

16. To compensate for the fact that you have little desire to go clubbing, you instead frequent trendy bars and restaurants in the mistaken belief that you have not turned into your parents.
No most 'trendy' bars are sh!te too. Surely the use of the word 'trendy' is a sure sign that you've become your parents though.

17. While flicking through the TV channels, you happen upon C4's Time Team with Tony Robinson. You get drawn in. Grand Designs also appeals.

Yes, but I'm a Historian, I have a good excuse.

18. The benefits of a pension scheme become clear.

Yeah

19. You go out of your way to pick up a colour chart from B&Q.

No.

20. You wish you had a shed.

No. I'm really not at all practical. I'm useless at all that stuff.

21. You have a shed.

I have a utility with a bike and boxes full of videos of matches I taped when I was a kid.....I might have to have a look through them actually.

22. You actually find yourself saying "They don't make 'em like that anymore" and "I remember when there were only 4 TV channels" and "Not in my day...."

Yes to the 4 channels, and none of them were on 24 hours a day either.

23. Radio 2 play more songs you know than Radio 1 - and Jeremy Vine has some really interesting guests on.

I listen to Radio 5.

24. Instead of tutting at old people who take ages to get off the bus, You tut at rowdy school children.

I do both. If some old woman is spending ages getting on or off the bus and I'm in a hurry I'll be thinking "hurry up you old bat". Then when its bairns shouting and stuff its "ignorant little gets, no respect."

25. When sitting outside a pub you admire their hanging baskets.

No

26. You find yourself saying "is it cold in here or is it just me?"

I said that earlier today!

recognise a couple of those mind.

also, Grand Designs is a fucking awesome show.

I don't like it as its disgustingly rich people being disgustingly flamboyant with their wealth. I think I could appreciate it more if they were building an art gallery or something, but I don't particularly want to see some millionaire build himself a palace. Pure jealousy like, but there you go.

1. You leave clubs before the end to "beat the rush". - Can't afford clubbing

2. You get more excited about having a roast on a Sunday than going clubbing the night before. - never eat a roast

3. You stop dreaming of becoming a professional footballer and start dreaming of having a son who might instead. you start to dream about a son LEAVING HOME and stopping sponging

4. Before throwing the local paper away, you look through the property section. you look through the deaths section

5. All of a sudden, middle aged people are not 46, they are only 46. 66

6. Before going out anywhere, you ask whether there is anywhere to park. you don't go anywhere

7. Rather than throw a knackered pair of trainers out, you keep them because they'll be alright for the DIY or in the garden. true

8. You buy T-shirts without anything written on them. wrong

9. Instead of laughing at the innovations catalogue that falls out of the newspaper, you suddenly see both the benefit and money saving properties of most of the things that are in it. possibly true

10. You start to worry about your parents' health. they're dead

11. You have more disposable income, but everything you want or need to buy costs between 200 and 500 quid. lack of imagination there - everything I want is £10 k - £ 20 k

12. You don't get funny looks when you buy a Disney video or a Wallace And Gromit bubble bath, as the sales assistant assumes they are for your children. grandchildren

13. Pop music all starts to sound the same. wrong

14. You opt for Pizza Express over Pizza Hut because they do a really nice half-bottle of house red. they're also better pizzas

15. You always have enough milk in. indeed

16. To compensate for the fact that you have little desire to go clubbing, you instead frequent trendy bars and restaurants in the mistaken belief that you have not turned into your parents. my parents couldn't afford to eat never mind eat out

17. While flicking through the TV channels, you happen upon C4's Time Team with Tony Robinson. You get drawn in. Grand Designs also appeals. possibly

18. The benefits of a pension scheme become clear. wrong - you find your pension scheme has been nobbled by the "financial institution" supposed to be running it

19. You go out of your way to pick up a colour chart from B&Q. I employ a polish painter - cheaper, better and quicker

20. You wish you had a shed. don't be stupid

21. You have a shed. "I'll sue"

22. You actually find yourself saying "They don't make 'em like that anymore" and "I remember when there were only 4 TV channels" and "Not in my day...." its true

23. Radio 2 play more songs you know than Radio 1 - and Jeremy Vine has some really interesting guests on. I have NEVER listed to radio 2

24. Instead of tutting at old people who take ages to get off the bus, You tut at rowdy school children. true

25. When sitting outside a pub you admire their hanging baskets. what sort of poub do YOU go to?

26. You find yourself saying "is it cold in here or is it just me?" AS a fully paid up geordie I can still stroll around Arctic Norway in winter in my shirt sleeves and worrly about sweating

I don't like it as its disgustingly rich people being disgustingly flamboyant with their wealth. I think I could appreciate it more if they were building an art gallery or something, but I don't particularly want to see some millionaire build himself a palace. Pure jealousy like, but there you go.

Are they so disgustingly rich?

they're spending a £200k on a house, none of them are first time buyers. Often the only reason it ends up that expensive is because they've lacked foresight or employed cowboys..

plus a lot fo the idea or concepts aren't expensive and could be put straight into a normal house.

what happens if you like music that lies outside of Radio2's comfort zone?

I'd agree that during the day Radio1 shows are generally pretty dire. But their later shows often play music that you wouldn't neccesarily get on other stations.

Radio 2's presenters are noticably superior, but my music tastes aren't neccesarily satiated.

Are they so disgustingly rich?

they're spending a £200k on a house, none of them are first time buyers. Often the only reason it ends up that expensive is because they've lacked foresight or employed cowboys..

plus a lot fo the idea or concepts aren't expensive and could be put straight into a normal house.

They certainly were in the episodes I've seen.

I've never really thought of them as disgustingly rich, bar the old couple who moved out of a Manor into a bungalow...thing. Which was, imo, fucking awful. Ill conceived and pretty ameteurish.

I think the guys that renovated that castle were fairly well off.

I agree though, some of them are really not all that rich, the pair of idiots trying build a house boat for instance, they weren't rich, in either monetary terms or knowledge or skills.

Guest Patrokles

what happens if you like music that lies outside of Radio2's comfort zone?

I'd agree that during the day Radio1 shows are generally pretty dire. But their later shows often play music that you wouldn't neccesarily get on other stations.

Radio 2's presenters are noticably superior, but my music tastes aren't neccesarily satiated.

Mark Radcliffe's show in the evenings is interesting for that.

I don't get Time Team. That stuff's been underground for hundreds of years and they've only got a couple of days to dig it up? :lol:

Radio 2 is streets ahead of Radio 1, to be fair.

:lol::lol:

Angels and ministers of the Lord defend us!!!!!

Radio 2 is pap for the terminally brain dead......................

I don't get Time Team. That stuff's been underground for hundreds of years and they've only got a couple of days to dig it up? :lol:

Like alpine water in a bottle that has been purifed underground for several million years, but has a best before date of August 2008.

Like alpine water in a bottle that has been purifed underground for several million years, but has a best before date of August 2008.

No, I get that. :lol: