Latics to hijack Newcastle deal

Scottish Mag

Wigan are ready to hijack Newcastle's stalled contract talks with Antoine Sibierski and match his wish for a two-year deal.

Magpies chairman Freddy Shephard has put all contract renewal talks on hold for the time being after the Magpies exit from the Uefa Cup last week.

The Latics are now set to make their move after boss Paul Jewell identified Sibierski as the player he sees as the replacement for Lee McCulloch next season.

McCulloch is expected to join Rangers in the summer and Jewell knows he will need to sign a goalscoring midfielder or support striker who is good in the air.

Sibierski, who has scored eight times for Newcastle this season, fits the bill perfectly although the Frenchman has stated his desire to remain on Tyneside.

They are welcome to him..

Wigan are ready to hijack Newcastle's stalled contract talks with Antoine Sibierski and match his wish for a two-year deal.

Magpies chairman Freddy Shephard has put all contract renewal talks on hold for the time being after the Magpies exit from the Uefa Cup last week.

The Latics are now set to make their move after boss Paul Jewell identified Sibierski as the player he sees as the replacement for Lee McCulloch next season.

McCulloch is expected to join Rangers in the summer and Jewell knows he will need to sign a goalscoring midfielder or support striker who is good in the air.

Sibierski, who has scored eight times for Newcastle this season, fits the bill perfectly although the Frenchman has stated his desire to remain on Tyneside.

They are welcome to him..

Gooddy goody...

All can batter on about how shit he is, but he has been one of the players, who has looked the most composed on the ball all season.

Technically, he's better than most in our squad, to be honest.

He far surpassed my initial expectations, and he doesn't deserve the shit he gets.

Anyone know how good Andy Carroll is from watching the reserves?

If he looks like he has potential to step up and take Sibierski's place as 4th/5th choice striker then I'd let him go to Wigan as he isn't good enough for a 2 year contract.

I wouldn't blame Sibi if he does leave either.

Anyone know how good Andy Carroll is from watching the reserves?

If he looks like he has potential to step up and take Sibierski's place as 4th/5th choice striker then I'd let him go to Wigan as he isn't good enough for a 2 year contract.

I wouldn't blame Sibi if he does leave either.

I've seen Andy Carroll a number of times and he looks like he can make it. His ball control and hold up play has really impressed me and to be perfectly honest I'd like to see him start upfront with Martins against Man City.