Dear children..

catmag

So when I'm out tonight (at a geet posh Ball with a tuxedo on by the way!) and it gets to 1am.... does it all of a sudden become 2am?!

:lol:

Officially yes. But you won't care by that point so just change the clock when you get home if you can still see straight.

Hmmm I see....

So when the bus says we get picked up at 1am from outside of Ewood Park, (I know of all the places in the North West to have it!) it may be an hour before.... or after....I'm confused!

Cheers for the help though crazy cat lady! :lol:

Hmmm I see....

So when the bus says we get picked up at 1am from outside of Ewood Park, (I know of all the places in the North West to have it!) it may be an hour before.... or after....I'm confused!

Cheers for the help though crazy cat lady! :lol:

No, because the clocks don't change at midnight making it 1am, do they? So the bus will pick you up at 1am (whereupon it will technically be 2am but that would be like trying to confuse an idiot so I'm going to stop now)

Basically leave your watch alone for the moment and go out for your bus when the big hand is on the 12 and the little hand is on the one. Get back to me in the morning and I'll tell what time it really is :unsure:

Please remember that your clocks go forward by 1 hour tonight when you go to bed.

That is all.

Love, Mother xxx

Dear Mother....

Thank you so much for that reminder, I had NO idea is was this weekend. And I love you to bits for cheering me up, im working tonight.....Now it will be a 9 hour shift instead of 10!!

Please remember that your clocks go forward by 1 hour tonight when you go to bed.

That is all.

Love, Mother xxx

Dear Mother....

Thank you so much for that reminder, I had NO idea is was this weekend. And I love you to bits for cheering me up, im working tonight.....Now it will be a 9 hour shift instead of 10!!

It's always the best night of the year to work :lol:

What a result ! an hour less at work tonight !!

Do you get paid the same? When I worked at a nursing home you got the same for a night shift, regardless of whether the clocks went foward or backwards. Which I thought was a bit unfair if you were working the extra hour.

Do you get paid the same? When I worked at a nursing home you got the same for a night shift, regardless of whether the clocks went foward or backwards. Which I thought was a bit unfair if you were working the extra hour.

Yes, as I work a 5 year rotating shift patern it averages it's self out working the long shift and the short shift, in theory.

I wouldn't say its unfair considering they will be paying you for the hour you didn't work. Unlucky if you don't work there long enough but as said I don't think you can call it unfair.

I wouldn't say its unfair considering they will be paying you for the hour you didn't work. Unlucky if you don't work there long enough but as said I don't think you can call it unfair.

Seeing as there were a lot of people who worked there and what shifts you got varied I never worked 'both' of the shifts, and I can't have been the only one. If you're paid per hour (as we were) then you should be paid for the hours you work!

Good point, IF Saturday was my regular night then I would put 10 hours down regardless of wether I worked 9 or 11....as obviously it balances out over the year. But I'm doing the odd Saturday as extra to my contracted hours (at a much higher rate of pay too) So I suppose I should just put down the 9 hours I will actually work. Or maybe I will try my luck and put the 10 :lol:

Good point, IF Saturday was my regular night then I would put 10 hours down regardless of wether I worked 9 or 11....as obviously it balances out over the year. But I'm doing the odd Saturday as extra to my contracted hours (at a much higher rate of pay too) So I suppose I should just put down the 9 hours I will actually work. Or maybe I will try my luck and put the 10 :lol:

Do you work in a nursing home?