Israel vs England

Baggio

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many lateral and back passes, Rooney and Johnson as much bite up front as me ganny without her dentures. Was like watching Newcastle, lots of pocession but no finish.

McClaren's like Roeder, makes changes too late.

Wouldn't have surprised me if they had scored on a breakaway.

SHITE!

Guest stevieintoon

BIGGEST DISGRACE IN THE HISTORY OF OUR FOOTBALL.

Not how we played tonight, how that fuckin ginger fuckin useless Derby defender got anywhere near the positon he is in today. Paul Goddard.

We all watch football, why can us fans see what's wrong and no twat that counts can? The England situation is less complicated than most. We have footballers who are capable of having a go, yet this fuckin wank., I'm so fuckin annoyed, cost me £190 the neet these fuckin cunts.

As much as I'm not impressed with McClaren, he's looked bad compared to Eriksson who redefined getting paid though the ass for mediocrity (and frankly McClaren seems to be just replaying a lot of Eriksson’s mistakes now).

I think the players have to look at themselves too, the only one that's looked like he really wanted to win in a long time now was Hargreaves in the WC after the point where it looked like we could have won in open play (after Rooney's dismissal).

The rest just seem to want to come for a casual trot out before picking up their pay, they don't seem arsed in the slightest about winning (maybe not qualifying would give them a kick up the ass as it kinda did for 1996)….. tbh if they could transfer national teams as easily as the can domestic teams, and get the same sort of financial rewards from it, I bet ½ of them wouldn’t even be playing for England currently.

what worries me is the way that good club players are playing SO badly at international level

It's obvious you can't play Gerrard and Lampard in the same side for a start and that Rio F needs a zillion volt shock BEFORE the game starts to wake him up..............

I am also beginning to think that Rooney won't make it at International level - like Andy Cole a great player in the PL but easily rubbed out by any decent international side

what worries me is the way that good club players are playing SO badly at international level

It's obvious you can't play Gerrard and Lampard in the same side for a start and that Rio F needs a zillion volt shock BEFORE the game starts to wake him up..............

I am also beginning to think that Rooney won't make it at International level - like Andy Cole a great player in the PL but easily rubbed out by any decent international side

I think the hype around English players is a big problem. IMHO they do profit a lot from having a somewhat different culture in their clubs nowadays with a lot established players and managers from abroad. What England might need is someone who gives the whole team at FA level a shake-up (and has a "plan" :lol::unsure::D ). For Germany the appointment of Klinsmann and cutting the ties to more or less everything from before did really wonders and nowadays it is actually a joy to watch the national team again. England have arguably the better players (despite the hype), but I think that the whole FA is a bit lethargic and backwards orientated. And appointing McClaren was obviously not the cure...

I think the hype around English players is a big problem. IMHO they do profit a lot from having a somewhat different culture in their clubs nowadays with a lot established players and managers from abroad. What England might need is someone who gives the whole team at FA level a shake-up (and has a "plan" :lol::unsure::D ). For Germany the appointment of Klinsmann and cutting the ties to more or less everything from before did really wonders and nowadays it is actually a joy to watch the national team again. England have arguably the better players (despite the hype), but I think that the whole FA is a bit lethargic and backwards orientated. And appointing McClaren was obviously not the cure...

Germany is a great example (not just with the recent Klinsmann example either, although it's obviously a very relevant one).

They've had some undoubtedly brilliant teams over the years... but they've also had some so so teams which have played much, much better as a whole than the sum of their parts, as well as displaying an unknockable belief in being able to win.

Some of Robson's England teams and Venable's 96 team maybe had that (and had some decent players too of course), but recently.... especially in the last 4 years the England team seem have accepted this belief that they are "world class" and just don't seem to try, like they can win in 2nd gear (which they can't unless it's against Andorra etc.).

Compound that with some not too great tactical ideas (the 11 best players in the country may not actually be THE strongest England team – and Sven’s WC striker selection was fecking BARMY), as well as maybe stuff like Owen being out, and you have the current insipid gruel. <_<

Germany is a great example (not just with the recent Klinsmann example either, although it's obviously a very relevant one).

They've had some undoubtedly brilliant teams over the years... but they've also had some so so teams which have played much, much better as a whole than the sum of their parts, as well as displaying an unknockable belief in being able to win.

Some of Robson's England teams and Venable's 96 team maybe had that (and had some decent players too of course), but recently.... especially in the last 4 years the England team seem have accepted this belief that they are "world class" and just don't seem to try, like they can win in 2nd gear (which they can't unless it's against Andorra etc.).

Compound that with some not too great tactical ideas (the 11 best players in the country may not actually be THE strongest England team – and Sven’s WC striker selection was fecking BARMY), as well as maybe stuff like Owen being out, and you have the current insipid gruel. <_<

We've not had a player with any creativity since Gazza either. Closest we've had is Beckham.

As usual, McClaren picks the best players rather than the best team, when will he learn that Lampard is shit in an England shirt.

As usual, McClaren picks the best players rather than the best team, when will he learn that Lampard is shit in an England shirt.

No offence mate, and I know it's easy to have a go at Lampard; but how exactly was he any worse than Gerrard last night?

Watching the under 21's and there's no reason why Bentley shouldn't be in the full squad, especially when Joe Cole is missing. It's about time we took the risk on him IMO

No offence mate, and I know it's easy to have a go at Lampard; but how exactly was he any worse than Gerrard last night?

Watching the under 21's and there's no reason why Bentley shouldn't be in the full squad, especially when Joe Cole is missing. It's about time we took the risk on him IMO

Never watched it myself, but 5live's commentators were suggesting Gerrard was the only one who could be excused a slating last night, reckoned he was the only one who made anything happen.

Never watched it myself, but 5live's commentators were suggesting Gerrard was the only one who could be excused a slating last night, reckoned he was the only one who made anything happen.

Quite. Was the same story as the last year or so. Both players weren't too special, but Gerrard was the only one who showed drive and determination trying to make things happen. Making it an piss easy decision to pick him in the team and drop his useless sidekick.

Quite. Was the same story as the last year or so. Both players weren't too special, but Gerrard was the only one who showed drive and determination trying to make things happen. Making it an piss easy decision to pick him in the team and drop his useless sidekick.

Neither of them are really good enough if we want to win things at international level tbf. They're both brilliant in the Premiership, and I'm not looking for a bite from Gol, but fuck knows how Lampard was in the running for World Player of the year.

Gerrard was fucking shit, and has been for 5 months now.

Lampard wasn't any better, but as usual gets the slating.

Only player on the pitch who actually looked like he gave a shit was Hargreaves..

What's Rooney done for England in the last 2 years by the way?

Lampard to be fair to him was one of the better players in qualifying for the World Cup, chipped in with a decent amount of goals.

Voted England player of the year, by the fans. He was England's top scorer in those qualifiers.

Still, he's shit :lol:

Lampard to be fair to him was one of the better players in qualifying for the World Cup, chipped in with a decent amount of goals.

Voted England player of the year, by the fans. He was England's top scorer in those qualifiers.

Still, he's shit :lol:

I wouldn't trust your average Engerlund fan to pick their own nose never mind a player of the year

You can play both Lampard and Gerrard imo if you play a midfield 3 (along with Hargreaves) and 2 wing-backs with 3 at the back.

What did the FA expect when they appointed someone who was Sven's right-hand man and who had done an average job (with a canny bit of wedge) at Middlesbrough?