Ouch * nasty picture alert *

.../\......\o/...

Ohhh you're gonna upset some people with that. Needs a bit of cling film over it by the looks of things.

Proper burns are the most minging thing to see like, and the smell is just foul :lol:

Oh I hate seeing burns come thru.. and then the follow up.. debriding and *shudders* (It's like a bad wreck.. I keep going back to look)

Edited by Mags

Have to say I find that a really fascinating picture :lol: - so the white bits there...what is that likely to be? :lol:

Burnt tendons?

Not a medical man myself (hence why I was asking) but I would presume they must be tendons, aye. Unless Cath or Renton know otherwise?

Have to say I find that a really fascinating picture :lol: - so the white bits there...what is that likely to be? :lol:

Burnt tendons?

Correct.

3rd degree burns are apparently less painful as they are full thickness and the nerve endings are destroyed, but there is still sensation on the edges of the burn therefore not completely pain-free. Had a kid in A&E not so long ago after a house fire with something like 50% 3rd degree burns. Absolutely fucking heartbreaking.

Ta for the info. :lol:

S'alreet. Burns are minging. Used to do skin grafts where I used to work where they'd basically thinly slice a bit of healthy tissue off somewhere else on the body (usually thigh or back) and try and improve scars caused by burns. Fiddly business.