snakehips

wembley2007005pu5.jpg

wembley2007009it0.jpg

wembley2007013vp0.jpg

wembley2007014sc3.jpg

wembley2007015cl9.jpg

wembley2007020ne9.jpgwembley2007022yl0.jpg

wembley2007017bc2.jpg

Some pics from last Satdee. I must say I was pretty impressed with the stadium. We were in the top deck and the view was okay - on a par with Level 7.

The grot burger and coke was £8 !!! with the chicken and water the same price. The burger was without doubt the worst one I have ever tasted.

Saw Peter Beardsley at Wembley Park underground on the way back so said hello.

ps I hope all these pics work as it's the first time I've done so many :lol:

Edited by snakehips

Great pictures there mate, I really like the bowl style to it. I'm up in the top tier when I go, looks amazing!

I bet the noise/atmosphere will be immense

Edited by Ally

That's a bit weird like, me Dad was actually there with Pedro. Don't really like to name-drop but since you brought it up - he's good mates with his brother. Me Dad was at the last proper game at the old Wembley too (KK's last match when they lost to Germany). He reckons the new stadium looks great. Good match anarl by all accounts.

Funnily enough loads of people on 606 went on about how good the stadium was and how bad the food was.

Guest Patrokles

That's a bit weird like, me Dad was actually there with Pedro. Don't really like to name-drop but since you brought it up - he's good mates with his brother. Me Dad was at the last proper game at the old Wembley too (KK's last match when they lost to Germany). He reckons the new stadium looks great. Good match anarl by all accounts.

Funnily enough loads of people on 606 went on about how good the stadium was and how bad the food was.

Everyone knows you can only get good food in London from the foreigners.

To be fair, the same applies to the rest of Britain. :lol:

To be fair, the same applies to the rest of Britain. :lol:

You're from Switzerland! Your national dish is the cuckoo clock! :lol:

Guest stevieintoon

Me Dad was at the last proper game at the old Wembley too (KK's last match when they lost to Germany).

I was, it was me brother in law, who is filthy rich and lives doon there, it was his birthday, so he bought me, the sister and his best pal a ticket £800 for four off a tout ootside the ground. I bet the tout situation never changes though.

Edited by stevieintoon

Very good pictures.

Food looks good?

Inside looks very very good.

Not too impressed with the outside, looks too futuristic, guess I'm a twin-tower man of old. :lol:

Very good pictures.

Food looks good?

Inside looks very very good.

Not too impressed with the outside, looks too futuristic, guess I'm a twin-tower man of old. :lol:

As I said, the burger was 100% shit. I can't overstate how bad it was :lol:

Escalators to take everyone up to the top levels :lol: Then double the amount of stairs than our own Level 7 to come down to ground level when leaving.

Twin towers? I had the romantic view that they should have been kept, but having seen the new stadium I'm glad they weren't as the arch is the only symbol needed imo.

I was watching ESPN Classic just then, England v Switzerland Euro 96. Wembley looks absolute dogshit back then compared to what it is now. To be fair, it didn't just look rubbish, it was one of the tattiest ground i've ever been to!

I was watching ESPN Classic just then, England v Switzerland Euro 96. Wembley looks absolute dogshit back then compared to what it is now. To be fair, it didn't just look rubbish, it was one of the tattiest ground i've ever been to!

Agreed, I thought the old Wembley was a dump.

On satdee, the only thing I missed from the old stadium was the players walking onto the pitch from one end instead of the usual half way line tunnel. That was something really class imo (the crowd shouting/singing/applauding whilst the teams walked to the half way line) and I just wish it could be the same now :lol:

On satdee, the only thing I missed from the old stadium was the players walking onto the pitch from one end instead of the usual half way line tunnel. That was something really class imo (the crowd shouting/singing/applauding whilst the teams walked to the half way line) and I just wish it could be the same now :lol:

Very true, I really liked that and i'd not thought about it. Shame they just come from the middle now

Can you get him to ask Beardo if he fucked the Newcastle fans over at Anfield please? End the argument between LM and Gram :lol:

I was force-fed British food as a child! Whenever I hear "toad in a hole", I run. :lol:

Scarred for life.

Good job you didn't buy it in Yorkshire, where it would have been known as "Terd in the herl"

Was working in the centre of London on Saturday as had parked at Northwood (about 3 stations out from Wembley Park) and got the tube in. When I was leaving to get back to the car, it suddenly dawned on me that I'd be coming through Wembley just as the fans were hitting the tube platform.

When we got there it was nuts - far busier than I ever remember it being on cup final days of old. If that thing was only a third full, they've got some serious transportation problems ahead of them! :lol:

Great pictures, but for £900 million I'd expect a fully retractable roof.

The pitch looked to cut up quite badly as well but I expect that will improve as it beds in.

Fuckin' hell, Dr Ken, you're as bad as the Celtic supporters going to Seville!! The cost was £750m.

Can you get him to ask Beardo if he fucked the Newcastle fans over at Anfield please? End the argument between LM and Gram :lol:

:lol: