Roeder rules out moves for Distin and Silvestre

Scottish Mag

Guest Patrokles

Let's hope he has the bar set higher than those two.

Let's hope he's not set it too high that we'll have no chance of signing said players.

Given the derision and 'I hope we don't sign Silvestre!' cries earlier this week, I'm surprised there's not more support for his stance.

Has anyone complained about that in this thread? As far as I can see, most people are saying they'd take Distin. Wouldn't you?

One would hope for better.

Let's hope he's not set it too high that we'll have no chance of signing said players.

Given the derision and 'I hope we don't sign Silvestre!' cries earlier this week, I'm surprised there's not more support for his stance.

Has anyone complained about that in this thread? As far as I can see, most people are saying they'd take Distin. Wouldn't you?

With the possible exception of Ben Haim we're not likely to get much better on a free transfer.

One would hope for a better manager too. What's your logic?

Maybe the problem with those 2 is that they'd want a big signing on fee and high wages and we can afford neither. Maybe the club would take chance on that kind of outlay on a player they feel they could sell for a profit a few years down the road, you couldn't say that about either of those 2.